mtbr member

Bend: COTA fall work event schedule. Come out and help your trails.

Sunday October 6th. Meet 9AM at the old bachelor park n ride on Simpson Ave.

Saturday October 19th is our formerly known as Biketoberfest. Hoping for a big turn out complete with after party with beer and food. Bachee park n ride
    9:00 am: Registration and breakfast
    9:30 1:30: Trail work
    2:00 to 3:00 pm: Lunch, Beer
    2:30: COTA Annual Awards
    2:45: Raffle

Sunday October 27th 10am. Bachee park n ride.

All these events will focus on the completion of Tyler's Traverse. Come join us! Check the website for more details.

mtbr member
    Bump

mtbr member
    Quick note for those wondering what this is all about. AS IF I KNOW. Which i don't. Educated guess...

If you have ridden Tyler's Traverse yet (from top to bottom), you will know there are a couple small sections of finished trail at the upper end of tylers, then the trail follows logging roads for quite a ways, until you come to the intersection with Larson.

Everything below Larson is basically finished and is sweet! Very flowy, lots of smooth jumps etc. Kind of like an Enduro course.

What COTA is working on now is the Upper section of Tyler's. Breaking in lots of new single track. I took a look at a big swatch of this over the last week, and it's amazing! I love it.

Lots of really cool rock outcroppings, giant boulders, an old mine (coined the penny mine), sweet meadows with big views, a "cliff drop" with a nice sloped landing. Lots of rock work. Expert and intermediate lines on some of this.

It's all much more interesting than the bottom of Tyler's in my opinion.

Amazing stuff really. Hope a lot of people come out to help these next few weekends. Not long now till the snow flies!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Sorry I can't make the event formally known as this year, we start our drive back to NC late next week. I did give some love to the new section of Tylers this summer though.

love my Simonds 519
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchbook View Post
    Quick note for those wondering what this is all about.
    BACE has at least one crew supporting Formerfest which, snow gods permitting, isn't headed to Wanoga. I've heard there might be more coming. Place to check is here.
    Metolius-Windigo trail steward from Happy Valley to Todd Creek---PM me if you'd like to help maintain Metolius-Windigo!