mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Bend: Ben's Trail closed for repairs this weekend.

Please spread the word this weekend that lower Ben's Trail will be closed for repairs from the trailhead up to Rd4610 which is the intersection with Express. Please plan your rides to avoid that section.

Both Saturday and Sunday crews will be working to add drainage and repair beat sections of the trail. We would love your help on Sunday to help hand finish the work.

When: Sunday, November 8, 10:00 AM until about 2:00 PM.
    Where: meet at Pine Mountain Sports on the corner of Simpson Ave. and Century Dr. Please ride your bike or park behind Powder House which is across Simpson Ave.

Destination: Ben's Trail.
    Work on: tread maintenance and drainage.

Bring: Clothing appropriate for the wea...ther and working on trail. Long sleeve, pants, eye protection, gloves, hydration pack with water and snacks.

COTA will supply the tools.

Lunch will be provided back at Pine Mtn Sports after the work party.

Tree Hugger
    'Tis the season for trailwork. Lotsa options with projects in bend, Oakridge, and Eugene.
    Good job COTA!
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member

Ben's is open

Thanks for your patience this weekend. We got everything done we needed to from RD 4610 to the TH. Just a bunch of drainage work and tweaked a spot or two for better flow. With any luck you won't even know wed did anything in a couple weeks. CK

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by SeenYour Crash
    With any luck you won't even know wed did anything in a couple weeks. CK
    The irony of proper trail building and maintenance. The results are are not noticeable.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Keep Singletrack Single
    Thanks Chris and Crew! I hope to get out there soon to check it out!! Without trailwork, we don't have anyplace to ride!
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

Keep Singletrack Single
    The trail rides superb! Great work out there! Nice drains, super corners. Just awesome!!
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

mtbr member
    Thanks man. I always see room for improvement, but it should ride better both up and down for a long time now. Which is a good thing given all the traffic that trail sees in both directions.

We fell in love with a new trail machine this weekend. We're currently putting out for bid for the Ditch Witch SK650. Makes quick work of drainage and/or new trail construction.

As for your earlier post regarding the importance of trail maintenance I'll add this.
    Without trail ADVOCACY we wouldn't have any place to ride; without trailwork we'd have only shitty places to ride.

it means 'no problem'
    Quote Originally Posted by SeenYour Crash
    Without trail ADVOCACY we wouldn't have any place to ride; without trailwork we'd have only shitty places to ride.

Ooooh. Well said. My stomach just sank by an inch...
    "“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Edward Abbey