GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Bells Mtn Trail off of Chelatchie RWT

My firm and I are doing the alignment for the proposed 32 mile Chelatchie Rail with Trail (RWT). Im gonna go out Saturday to the Moulton Falls Recreation Area (off of Lucia Falls Rd.) and hit the Bells Mtn Trail that spurs off of the East Fork Lewis River Greenway Trail. From looking at the map, this trail hooks up with Tarbell Trail. Has anyone ridden the Bells Mtn Trail before??

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
    To clarify myself, our proposed Chelatchie RWT alignment uses this existing 12' soft surface Lewis River Greenway Trail that is adjacent to Moulton Falls Recreation Area. The last time I walked it, I saw a trailhead for Bells Mtn Trail off of this 12' wide trail. This Bells Mtn Trail is I believe all singletrack and actually meets up with the Tarbell Trail. I looked it up in the Clark County Parks website and it looks like it is around 7 miles one way.

mtbr member
    Bells Mtn Trail hooks into Cold Creek Trail (re-named Tarbell a couple of years ago). I've ridden it a few times, but not this year. Part way into the first mile of the single track it tilts up and you'll be forced to walk a couple of sections, but once the initial steep first mile is finish it eases up a bit. The middle section is a combo of old ATV trails, double track/4x4 trails and fishing trails, expect some muddy ruts from the AVT'ers. The last 2 miles is more typical NW ST through deep doug fir forests.

Best time to ride this trail is mid summer to early fall. I'd advised against riding it this weekend with the weather we've had lately, plus the northern exposure and the numerous springs in the area keep this trail muddy most of the year. It's easy to extend this ride by climbing up Murphy Grade (old 4x4 trail, ATV'er have labeled it Skidder Trail) to the junction of Tarbell and down Tarbell. Or go BIG by continuing up Tarbell to Grouse Vista, through the logged out section of Tarbell to Rock Creek CG and return on Bells Mtn for @ 39-40 miles/5K feet.

Moulton Falls to Tarbell is 8 miles, it's another mile to Road 1000 where you could bailout via Dole Valley Road back to Moulton Falls Park. Here's a map: http://www.ci.vancouver.wa.us/parks-...tain_trail.htm

Hope this helps, PM me tonight for additional info.