mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Bachelor Bike Park Trail Building Is On

Test riding a nice new corner on Lower Lava Flow.

Bachelor Bike Park Trail Building Is On-imag2034_burst005.jpg

mtbr member
    Cant wait for that to open.

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    I'm looking forward to getting out there. Glad Bachelor is leading the way, especially with the legal mess at Timberline. There is no reason Oregon can't have world class, lift assisted DH!

That said, I have heard very mixed opinions about the trails from riders who were there last fall. I'm going to withhold judgement until they have a FULL build season completed.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Dirt looks sick, trails look primo keep up the good work!

mtbr member
    Wow i'm surprised the snow melted anywhere that fast. I was just snowmobiling last week across the street

Exited to try it this year, last year my back was all messed up.

Edit: Nevermind I see they moved a TON of snow on their webite lol.
    2011 Yeti SB-66 XL Fox Float 36, Fox DHX RC4
    Yeti SB-66 Gallery

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    We have been plowing snow on this section since May 1. It is looking good. Pics are from 6/17, snowed most of the morning.

Bachelor Bike Park Trail Building Is On-180.jpgBachelor Bike Park Trail Building Is On-trail-1.jpgBachelor Bike Park Trail Building Is On-trail-2.jpg

B42
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by thrasher_s View Post
    That said, I have heard very mixed opinions about the trails from riders who were there last fall. I'm going to withhold judgement until they have a FULL build season completed.
    The trails were rough, but we're talking about miles of trails put together in a couple if months. Some people parked next to us were really pissy about the conditions, and frankly I thought it was naive if them to think its was going to be buff based on the info available at the time. The bachelor web site even said how things weren't done and to watch out for crews working.

Let's not punish bachelor for giving us a few good weeks last year. Withholding judgement is certainly the way to go for now.
    ## Every time I cheat death it reinforces the adolescent belief that I'm invincible. ##

Nat
    Solo contendre
    I don't think I've ever been to Bachelor when someone wasn't pissy about something.

mtbr member
    Went up for opening day, just the one trail right now due to snow, but it was SWEET!. Had a lot of fun. Got my moneys worth for sure. dirt was great today.

Even got caught in a lighting/thunderstorm for a few minutes was wild seeing lightning strike the other mountains up there.
    Yeti SB-66 Gallery

mtbr member
    Fun opening day for sure!
    The melting snow is doing a good job of keeping the majority of the trail nice and wet.. The bike was totally covered in "mud" by the end of the day.. But they conveniently provide a bike wash station down at the parking lot.
    5"+ 29ers are probably the bike of choice up there.. Could definitely be ridden on less travel but at the risk of being rattled to death..

Some of the new trail construction looks to be VERY promising

mtbr member
    Good job on the crew up there too they were on the ball and super friendly and helpful.

I missed the washing station somehow.
    Yeti SB-66 Gallery

mtbr member
    Had a BLAST for only being one route to the bottom, but that was still a long ripper run down to West Village. Can't wait for more to open.

As said above, no DH bike needed. A good 5"+ travel slack AM bike is PLENTY right now.
    Bend, Oregon

Laker and a Trail Blazer

I will be up there next week. This will be my first bike park experience. What's the eta until more open? What level rider do you need to be to ride the one that is open? I plan to ride the park on the 24th.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    By the 24th we should have Rattle Snake for sure and possible Last Chance and will be real close on opening the new Middle/Lower section of Lava Flow. the Hanger single track should be close by then too. If you are an intermediate rider or better you will have a great time. The Mt shop is fully stocked with Norco rentals if you need a bike too.
    Enjoy

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Wash station is at the Fire Hydrant on the right at the bottom of the hot walk.

Laker and a Trail Blazer

Quote Originally Posted by eastsiderider View Post
    By the 24th we should have Rattle Snake for sure and possible Last Chance and will be real close on opening the new Middle/Lower section of Lava Flow. the Hanger single track should be close by then too. If you are an intermediate rider or better you will have a great time. The Mt shop is fully stocked with Norco rentals if you need a bike too.
    Enjoy
    Hey thanks! I want to rent a bike if I can find one that fits. I ride and xl 29er fs. Rip9, but I would like to try a DH bike if the shop has one that I can ride. I'm 6'4" with long limbs. I'll have to check it out!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Are any trails going to be open by the end of this week? (rattlesnake, lavaflow)

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    The 29er will be fun and the big wheels are pretty fast on the trail. The shop has the Norco DH Aurum in L (that's as big as they go) in the full DH and the Range 27.5 6" Enduro in Xl. Both of those bikes are rippers.

Have Fun
    Last edited by eastsiderider; 07-17-2014 at 10:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    The open trails now are:
    Upper Lava Flow to Cone Run to Blade Runner. Its 3.26 miles of fun from the top to the Btm. Rattle Snake single track hopefully will be a go this weekend if we can get though some of the pesky snow drifts in the gullies. Then next up will be either the new section of middle and lower Lava Flow or Last Chance. It's a race between the trail construction crew, who are killing it, and the snow melt to see which will be up first !!
    Tomorrow is the first extended hours Friday/Saturday with bike operations open to 7:00. Come on up after work, $19.00 for the evening lift ticket. Otherwise bike operations are running 7 days a week so come on up and give it a go.

Enjoy

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Rattlesnake opened on Saturday afternoon. Thanks to patrol for digging though the snow drifts. New intermediate trail in the skills park too.

Metalheadbikerider
    It would be rad to see some more photos of what we are missing.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org