Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ashland super D

mtbr member

Ashland super D

Hi guys, I just accomplished my New Years Resolution by signing up for the Ashland Super D! I'm extremely excited, and have been reading a lot about it. Who's done it in the past? Any tips for a first year?

If you have any pictures or video I'd love to see them!
    It's a good time for good times

mtbr member
    Before I spend $70 I wanna know if they're running the firetrail again or if they got permission to use the single track

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yody
    Before I spend $70 I wanna know if they're running the firetrail again or if they got permission to use the single track
    Last I talked to Tita, she said the FS was "dragging their feet." There's a lot of environmental clashing going on with the watershed right now, so I'm gonna say no. It's not like those trails are built wrong or anything, I just don't see the powers that be taking any sides on the matter.

But so what! I honestly like the fire road section for it's "mach-billion" speed. I'm sure there'll be a year when it's all singletrack.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

-
    I'm signed up
    -ROXY

Leave it all on the trail
    I have done it two years now and I might skip it this year. The grass roots effect is gone and 80 bucks with a t shirt is just silly.
    Ride. Dig. Party.

mtbr member
    im signed up too- climb hills and bomb trails- then climb more hills- thats the best advice for ashland- race pace for 40+ minutes is tough- so ride- ride- ride as much as you can- and get ready for a great race- that is run well and fun- fire road and all-
    Holy Cow----Why remove obstacles--when they can be ridden....

-
    Any of you guys signed up for their Spring Thaw XC/DH weekend too?

I'm doing the XC.
    -ROXY

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zx6roxy
    Any of you guys signed up for their Spring Thaw XC/DH weekend too?

I'm doing the XC.
    Im In for the XC

a tight kick sound
    Dh!

Dan
    last time i rode fire access was 1995.is this super d what used to be called the revenge of the siskiyous run?

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by mhmacw
    last time i rode fire access was 1995.is this super d what used to be called the revenge of the siskiyous run?
    Having never done the ROTS, I'm not sure. (Paging Wes Nile...)

All info you need is here.

Dan
    it seems close with a few revisions. a good (killller!)climb has been removed though. i think my favorite down hill was from the top of the skilift to the bull gap trail head. either way, ashland is the meca of mtb. cottonmouth in vegas isnt too bad but even the foothills around ashland have steeper dh than vegas. now i live in the midwest (i was born in ashland ore) i just bought a profet and am ready to give it hell haha. i do know it wont be anything like mt.A but im open to what this area has to offer and anxious to check it out. i remember the first time i went off the ski slope.you look over the edge and it seems like you just keep looking and never see the ground. then all of a sudden you get pushed off and the race is on lol. you make it to the bottom in one piece then have beer then kick your buddies ass for pushing you off. after all that you thank him for giving you the ride of your life. well take care and ride the edge, all the best, dan
    Last edited by mhmacw; 03-17-2010 at 06:16 AM.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    There have been some recent developments to the Super D. For more information, I would contact Bill Roussell at Ashland Mountain Adventures for the skinny.

Oh, and hold off on registering for a bit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    There have been some recent developments to the Super D. For more information, I would contact Bill Roussell at Ashland Mountain Adventures for the skinny.

Oh, and hold off on registering for a bit.
    Whoa, whoa. WHAT?!?!

I booked a place to stay last week. I registered for the race months ago. I've got $400 invested in this already. Is the race itself in limbo or is this just course mods?

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus
    Whoa, whoa. WHAT?!?!

I booked a place to stay last week. I registered for the race months ago. I've got $400 invested in this already. Is the race itself in limbo or is this just course mods?
    Seriously, you have nothing to worry about. No cause for alarm. The race is happening.

There are some administrative changes happening. Stay tuned. I'm sure Bill will post here with more info and answer any questions you may have.

Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009
    The race is still on. There are some behind the scenes action going on. Promotion of the event has changed hands. It is just preferable if anybody that has not registered at this point not to register for a couple of weeks as the changeover happens.

The race will happen and be better than ever !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sofarider1
    The race is still on. There are some behind the scenes action going on. Promotion of the event has changed hands. It is just preferable if anybody that has not registered at this point not to register for a couple of weeks as the changeover happens.

The race will happen and be better than ever !
    Good to hear! Are you guys taking it over?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    Seriously, you have nothing to worry about. No cause for alarm. The race is happening.

There are some administrative changes happening. Stay tuned. I'm sure Bill will post here with more info and answer any questions you may have.
    OK. Sorry bout that. I've stepped away from the cliff now.

This is probably going to be my one opportunity for a vacation (coming from Santa Cruz) this summer so needless to say I've been really looking forward to it. It's good to know I still have a chance at DFL.

Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009
    Ashland Mountain Adventures in cooperation with SRAM will be taking over the Super D. SOFA will provide volunteer support.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Hmm

I did the HR Post Canyon ride a few years ago and it was fun but I had more fun riding the route after the race.

mtbr member
    That's what I should've done and saved the $80 for beer. JK. So anyone know if we registered a couple months ago are we for sure OK and has the place to pick up our packets changed (think it was listed as Cycle Sports when I registered)?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hey everyone,
    These are the changes in a nutshell.
    1) NO Chainless race on Friday, or at all this year, we hope to bring it back next year.
    2) Pros start time is pushed back to 2pm Saturday
    3) Cat 1 men 30-39 and 40-49 will race Saturday starting at Noon
    4) Packet pick up will be at the the Ashland Mountain Adventures shop Friday between 4 and 8pm and Saturday between 10 and 11 am and Sunday mornings between 7 and 8 am, GET IT DONE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.
    Sorry for any inconvience, but I am having to resolve conflict between the former promoter and the USFS and other officiating agencies.
    Thank you and remember, were here to ride and race our bikes, and we still get to do both.

William Roussel 541-499-2298

mtbr member
    wbmtb:
    Thanks for the update. So "Cat 1" would be what was called "Expert" on the registration? I'm assuming everyone else runs Sunday as planned?
    For others here's the address for packet pick up.

Ashland Mountain Adventures
    700 Mistletoe Rd.
    Ashland, OR 97520
    541-499-2298
    www.ashlandmountainadventures.com

Hopefully their website will have more updates soon?

I AM PEDALING!

Good job!

Thanks for the update Bill!

I've been coming up to Ashland from So.Cal. the last three years for the race. It's become my "road trip of the year", so I always look forward to it!

So, I read mention of a possible course change? Is that still in the works?

I'm looking forward to another great Ashland trip!
    Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hey Guy's,
    I'm wooped from shuttling all day and the weekend has yet to start, Spring Thaw MTB Race this weekend.
    I will have a full post on my web site www.ashmtnadv.com on Monday, but in a nut shell the only major changes are...
    1) NO CHAINLESS RACE
    2) PRO START ON SATURDAY IS 2pm
    3) CAT 1 MEN 30-39 AND 40-49 ARE NOW RACING SATURDAY AT 12 NOON.
    all other categories will remain on Sunday and begin at 9am
    4) THE VERY END OF THE FINISH MAY CHANGE FOR THE LAST 1/4 MILE
    I will update that when it's approved or not.
    Thanks for your patience and it will be a better event all in all !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast