mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Ashland, Spring Thaw

Is there a Clyde class? or is it only done by age group.

mtbr member
    Website shows that the XC race has a Clydesdale class, they role with Pro/Expert, Sport, and Single Speed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Snow Levels

Anybody know how much snow is on the course right now? I'm curious to know if there is a chance this race will be cancelled due to snow on the course.
    2 wheels == True

mtbr member
    I've seen other posts saying that it's clear, but I've yet to be up there myself this season.

tch
    mtbr member
    It is clear up to Toothpick, but I haven't made the ride up to 4-corners yet. I tried to drive up to 4-corners to get some DH runs in, but there was too much snow on the road for my Subie . . . I was about a 1/2 mile shy of the turn-off to 4-corners. The beginner XC course is clear of all snow and is super fast, well the downhill at least.

As of last week, a co-worker tried to ride the expert loop, but had to stop at the top because of snow on the 10 mile cross-over to 4-corners. There is lots of shade on the cross-over and it doesn't look like it is suppose to warm up all that much over the next week.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Loop road is clear all the way to 4 corners if you want to ride it. i did it a couple of weeks ago and it was fine. As for the other side, it sees a lot more shade so im sure it still has a lot of snow. But i cant say for sure.

tch
    mtbr member
    My co-worker tried to ride the cross-over from 4-corners to Horn Gap yesterday and ran into patched snow fields that were about six inches deep. He said he pushed through it for about a 1/2 mile, but he didn't want to have a hike-a-bike day so he turned around.

Sounds like a few more weeks before it is clear. My slow climbing a$$ could use a few more weeks if they did postpone it . . .

mtbr member
    Rode catwalk for the first time this season yesterday, aside from covered in debris it's ready to go.