Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dropshot Champ!

New question here. Ashland/Medford riding questions!

I did search, google gave me hiking trails and how to climb mt ashland on my bike.

mtbr gave me threads linking me to two shuttle sites.

Uncle cliffy......is that your webpage? Didn't have much info at all!

Gunna be up in medford/ashland with a group in late may for some racing, thinking about bringing our bikes!

I know ashland has a ton of trails, but what's the best shuttled trail? Link? vids? pix? trail map? What are some of your favorite runs? Maybe trade you guys some track time for a guide on the hills?

And what shops locally have good demo fleets. Newer stuff!

Thanks S. oregon folks, hope to be shreddin your trails and sipping your awesome beer..soon!

-Adrian

Dropshot Champ!
    bump, you guys holding out on me? hehe

Dropshot Champ!
    double post.

got a call into ashland mt adventures, waiting for a call back.

hoping to hear from local riders about the good stuff tho..

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hope I got you all the info you were looking for. Ashland Mountain Adventures has Quality maps and several shuttle times to chose from.
    See ya in May!

Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009
    Lots of good stuff in So.. Oregon. Best bet is to hook up with AMA or Cascade MTB Adventures. Revisit the thread before you come out. Maybe some locals can invite you along for a ride.

Dropshot Champ!
    yeah that's the plan. I want the locals take on the best **** to hit on ashland mountain!

we'll be on five inch fs bike, no drops bigger than three feet. I'd probably be down to try four or five, but I'd have to look at it and walk it first (not too comfortable in the air!).

I'm serious about the track time. You locals wanna ride shotgun around the track a few days before in exchange for some trail guide fun? I'll give ya a ride!

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man
    Uncle cliffy......is that your webpage? Didn't have much info at all!
    Uh, I spend way too much time on my computer, but I still don't have a website or blog. What "webpage" were you referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

Dropshot Champ!
    the cma website

now make with the ashland info! hehe

mtbr member
    I'm not local but I use these: http://www.treadmaps.com/
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement." -- Mark Twain

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    the cma website

now make with the ashland info! hehe
    Ah... That's my buddy Wes. It's best to call him for the goods. You're in good hands with Bill or him. If I'm riding then, I know the area pretty good myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

Dropshot Champ!
    time for a bump! I actually ran into ashland adventure guy at sea otter! Cool dude, definitely going with him. Always down to support the mom/pop type businesses, no doubt!

Lookin like i might be solo on this one. Prolly be cool to get a riding buddy up there, if anyone's interested!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Guaranteed if your using bill, he will hook you up with riders of your skill level to show you around. If there are none, you better beleive sue will drive down and let bill ride with you. those two never dissapoint and look for any excuse to ride. post again just before your trip and we will try to schedule a ride same day.

Dropshot Champ!
    alright ladies and gents, it's about three weeks out! Is anything going to be rideable or should I leave the bike at home?

I was hoping to at least check out some mid mountain ashland stuff, and maybe head north for the mckenzie river trail. I had my eyes set on falls city for some blackrock action, but I have a feeling there are too many big features for me to have fun.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Ashland Mountain Adventures is shuttling to 4 corners starting this Saturday. Call 541-499-2298

Dropshot Champ!
    awesome.

Any other trails within a hundred miles I should hit?

mtbr member
    Millions!! Jacksonville and the gate have some good stuff!

Dropshot Champ!
    lol could you elaborate more? maps, directions, naked women with cold beer? anything!

I might hit up bend..

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    OAKRIDGE!
    check out Oregon adventures and randy will get you the goods, start with Alpine trail!

Dropshot Champ!
    awesome suggestion. The singletrack gods are smiling on me...

Won two shuttle passes to mt ashland adventures last night at ridesfo/SFdirtlab's screening of FollowMe by Anthill Films. If that ain't a sign that I should rip some Oregon dirt, I'm not sure what is!

So it looks like Mt Ashland with Bill @ Ashland Mt. Adventures - sunday afternoon and maybe monday.

Then off to Eugene and then head out to Oakridge for Alpine trail (awesome suggestion, alot of websites list it as the one MUST-DO in oakridge!) for either monday or tuesday.

I talked to a few freeride folks about Falls City and Blackrock, and they said there are way easier trails than the videos that surface of 20ft stepdowns and huge gaps. The terrain looks fantastic, but that is way past my riding ability! Should I consider Blackrock as a third choice or stick with my two above? Again, I'm only really comfortable with 3-4ft jump/drops (max!) and even then if it's a 4ft, I'm probably hopping off and checkin it out.

Keep the info coming guys!

Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009
    Hit me up for more local S.Oregon goodness. I may be able to show you around. Bill knows how to get a hold of me. Or contact me through the site below.

Dropshot Champ!
    gunna shoot you a pm right now, hotmail isn't loading to email you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    alright ladies and gents, it's about three weeks out! Is anything going to be rideable or should I leave the bike at home?

I was hoping to at least check out some mid mountain ashland stuff, and maybe head north for the mckenzie river trail. I had my eyes set on falls city for some blackrock action, but I have a feeling there are too many big features for me to have fun.
    What dates are you here? This coming weekend is the Spring thaw race that we do the shuttle for and will be devoted to that until late Sunday.
    I think you mean the following weekend though... right?

Dropshot Champ!
    may 21-23 im busy but up there. Will probably start riding sunday afternoon (23rd) and monday/tues/maybe wed.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Few good rides listed here:
    http://rvhpa.net/mtbike/index.htm

Collings Mt. and Stein Butte are both great.

Dropshot Champ!
    looks like rain all week long. trails are gunna be soupy i bet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast