mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Anyone want to shuttle?

Hey guys,

My wife and I are heading up to spend a few days in Oregon starting Friday. We're having a bit of a time trying to find shuttles up McKenzie and N. Umpqua without spending too much money. We of course are a poor-just out of college couple who are trying to find a way to get a shuttle together to ride any of these two trails. We do have a truck so carrying bikes around is pretty easy.

We're pretty moderate riders as far as speed and technical riding goes and we don't mind separating just as long as we each wait for one another at the bottom. This will also be our first time riding any of these trails.

The dates that we'll be available are July 19th to 27th. If anyone is thinking of doing the same at that date, definitely let me know and hopefully we can arrange it.

Thanks
    -Stardumb

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    You could always just try your luck thumbing it. Go to the top drop the load and 1 person, then drive to the bottom, park, and start hiking up yer skirt whilst sticking a thumb in the air :-)

trying to ride
    Sep 2005
    5 of us will be vacationing out there starting Wed. We'll be based in Portland for a couple days. Would certainly be willing to setup some sort of shuttle. I'll let you know closer to the weekend as to what our specific plans are !!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardumb
    Hey guys,

My wife and I are heading up to spend a few days in Oregon starting Friday. We're having a bit of a time trying to find shuttles up McKenzie and N. Umpqua without spending too much money. We of course are a poor-just out of college couple who are trying to find a way to get a shuttle together to ride any of these two trails. We do have a truck so carrying bikes around is pretty easy.

We're pretty moderate riders as far as speed and technical riding goes and we don't mind separating just as long as we each wait for one another at the bottom. This will also be our first time riding any of these trails.

The dates that we'll be available are July 19th to 27th. If anyone is thinking of doing the same at that date, definitely let me know and hopefully we can arrange it.

Thanks
    -Stardumb
    Out and back on either trail is very fun, too. Start almost at any point from Paradise CG up on MRT.

Tokatee CG is a great place for base camp on the NUT. Out and back upstream is great. Just rode downstream on Deer Leap and Jesse Simpson sections and back on the highway. Wonderful ride.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    -MrCookie, I would but I've got hairy legs.

-adam, definitely keep me posted. You can also send me a pm as well. We're pretty flexible so let me know.

-shiggy, thanks for the advice. Actually, we were thinking about doing an out and back and try to bikepack it. That would probably be our last resort though.