mtbr member
    Dec 2005

anyone riden with fat tire farm?

hey all-

jsut wondering if anyone has gone on the fat tire farm evening group rides. I'm curious if they mainly stay on the forest park roads or what. Basically, is it worth checking out?
    thanks
    Hayduke holds his foaming can of beer in one hand, the other five cans-bound together by a plastic collar- in the other hand. What to do? In order to function he must put down the beer. But in order to function he has to drink the beer. A cruel bind.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    great Abbey quote - we sure could use a guy like that these days.

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by tristan
    hey all-

jsut wondering if anyone has gone on the fat tire farm evening group rides. I'm curious if they mainly stay on the forest park roads or what. Basically, is it worth checking out?
    thanks
    As far as I remember, the few times I went with then, it was a soup du jour. We packed in 20-25 miles one night with some road riding too. For me, they hammer. I guess there is only one way to get better though.
    Tuff Schist

Metalheadbikerider

They are mainly good rides for...

Quote Originally Posted by tristan
    hey all-

thanks
    the purpose of fitness and comraderie. I haven't been there yet this year (a lot of the riders are good friends of mine), but there used to be quite a few riders. We all started out together, and then quickly split into two groups based on speed for the first part of the ride. There are some strong sport/expert/semi-pros, and then a good group of strictly recreational riders. Every one gathers at the top of climbs, descents, etc for a little b.s.ing.
    It is a very good group of people to ride with. There will be some firelane climbing and descending, and occasionally the rides head into the farther reaches of the park for some lesser-used "singletrack."
    Give it a try-what's to lose besides a couple of hours and some calories??
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member

thanks for asking.

i've been wondering the same thing. i've been in FP a few times on thursday nights and happened upon what i assumed was the FTF ride, but didn't ask anyone.....

might hit it up next thursday.

btw - tristan did you race the mudslinger in 2005? i think we came in a few minutes from each other in the SS class.

m
    clicky-wrists

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

yeah

that was my first SS race- good one to break a guy in huh?
    Hayduke holds his foaming can of beer in one hand, the other five cans-bound together by a plastic collar- in the other hand. What to do? In order to function he must put down the beer. But in order to function he has to drink the beer. A cruel bind.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Some good guys but they hammer....

I went on the Thursday night rides. I told one guy he should eat more because he was 6' and probably weighed 140 lbs. He was an arrogant little twit. Nonetheless, I guess that was rude The ride through Forest Park is boring except for Trail W at night. The guys are pretty nice. That is fun....

Jaybo

PS They spent most of the time we stopped talking about mountain bike racing and the Tour. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....