mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Anyone riddden Twins - Metolious/Windigo - Moore Creek?

Anyone been on this section of Metolious-Windigo this year?

I rode up and over the twins, and wanted to complete this loop today. M/W was extremely hard to follow and had about 10 down logs in the first 1/2 mile, ended up turning around and changing plans. Looks like this could use some real work... I'm down to help out if someone with a chainsaw cert is interested. Looks like a really fun loop that ends at Bobby lake for a swim.
    NW MTB Addict

meatier showers
    Chris,

Check with Allen DeBuhr in Oakridge. He is familiar with all those trails and must be saw cert-ed because he does a lot of trail clearing for the Where's Waldo run up there.

--Davey

Quote Originally Posted by johnstoc
    Anyone been on this section of Metolious-Windigo this year?

I rode up and over the twins, and wanted to complete this loop today. M/W was extremely hard to follow and had about 10 down logs in the first 1/2 mile, ended up turning around and changing plans. Looks like this could use some real work... I'm down to help out if someone with a chainsaw cert is interested. Looks like a really fun loop that ends at Bobby lake for a swim.
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Known Mountainbiker
    Well, I guess this explains why Allen sent me an email telling me the conditions of M/W....I figured he was just getting old and senile but it turns out he ment GoodChris.

aka BadChris
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I tried to clear all the trail but ran out of time and not a big enough chain saw, had to leave 6 to 7 big trees that where down, but made ways around three of them look to your right if going East. There is one that you go left on but it is easy to see. I cut out over twenty trees the last part of the trail the down hill section is all clear except for one tree at the bottom because moto's where trying to use the trail too. I tried to get COTA to join me but no one was interested. Maybe next year we can plan a work party up there to get that trail open. I did it a couple of years ago and thought it made a great loop in that area. Allen
    Sorry, that I couldn't do a better job but I'm old and ran out of time. Any excuse to make me look better.
    Last edited by chasesbearwithbike; 08-28-2009 at 12:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for all your efforts Allen. The hard part with getting the DOD up there is they all want to do trailwork early season then ride their bikes, often Waldo isn't melted out by then.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Stay Straight at the M/W Trail

We should have warned you about the M/W in that area. We (Chris, Candy and I) were out there the weekend before. We stayed straight at the intersection w/ M/W and went out to Lemish and back around to North Waldo via Charnlton. Much better route.
    Cheers, Steve

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhoundmtb
    We should have warned you about the M/W in that area. We (Chris, Candy and I) were out there the weekend before. We stayed straight at the intersection w/ M/W and went out to Lemish and back around to North Waldo via Charnlton. Much better route.
    Cheers, Steve
    I love that loop.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common