friend of preston
    Jan 2006

anyone been up the larisons lately?

i was hoping to go out this weekend on the 12th or 13th. whats the good or bad word for a corvillain. also any reports from the winberry/tire/alpine side?

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by crashomatic
    i was hoping to go out this weekend on the 12th or 13th. whats the good or bad word for a corvillain. also any reports from the winberry/tire/alpine side?
    Snow, snow, and more snow. Snow levels were close to the valley floor this weekend, so it'll be awhile before you can get near any of those trails. Riverside trails are snow free, but have lotsa blowdown, stream crossings, broken bridges, etc.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    You will find snow above ~2000', the base elevation of Larison Creek.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member

That and

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    You will find snow above ~2000', the base elevation of Larison Creek.

Don't forget Larison Rock is technically closed until Mid Spring.

I shutter to think of what has happened knowing the history of trees down on that trail.
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

friend of preston
    Jan 2006

larisons

thank you for the report. I like to forget its january living in my rain soaked home state not realizing that thers actually snow on all my favorites, unlike last march. too many of those months and they will catch on to the fact that here is good. ahh....dreams of timpanogas haunt me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crashomatic
    thank you for the report. I like to forget its january living in my rain soaked home state not realizing that thers actually snow on all my favorites, unlike last march. too many of those months and they will catch on to the fact that here is good. ahh....dreams of timpanogas haunt me.
    Timpanogas is for September/October, after the skeeters have carried off all the tourists that didn't know better in July & Aug. It's superb in the fall.

mtbr member

middlefork isn't 2 bad.....

hey,I got some good ridin' in up on the mf on tues,weds.....if you park 2 pull offs above sand prarie .you will have to cross a creek almost imediately and shortly after that a tree fell along the trail u willhave to hike around that then thanks to me you should have a good clear path for a while, 3to4 mi......if you are familiar w/ this trail it will be easy to follow wat im sayin'....Make sure to exit the trail at last camp spot before butcher knife crk. and take the road up to the bridge...there are 2 large crk.crossings in between the camp and bridge ,so avoid like the plague... from here cross the bridge andfind trail on leftside of road,now for more singletrack heaven for 3to4 more mi.right before campers flat there are some treees down this is where we turned around and went back got 16.5 mi.kick butt ridin' and my bike isn't at all muddy(strange)....i recomend this ride before it starts rainin again.....piece out the gooch......
    [SIZE=4]I'd rather be mountainbiking. [/SIZE]