Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Anybody ride a Kesho frame?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Nope, but I sure love me a beautifully crafted brazed, lugged, steel frame! They look nice and it's great to have another craft builder in PDX.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I talked to the owner at the PIR cyclocross race and he seemed to be a nice guy. He said he will fit folks in person to their bikes. Not bad prices either. I was considering a plastic frame but a steel would be sweet.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I've known John for quite a few years, awesome guy, great bike rider. I've never ridden a Kesho but they look sweet, and he rides the heck out of them. Seen a few others on them racing MTB and cross as well. Go for it.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    Good to know! I do respect people that chase their dreams--even if the odds are stacked against the small frame builder. Branding is everything in frame building. I am going to check out his services and see if they work. Good on him!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I saw one today, riding out of phils trail out onto Kents... looks beautiful.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Never ridden one thought they do look sexy!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have two Kesho frames. A cyclocross frame with an eccentric bb that I totally love, sometimes I favor it over my ti bike. I don't know if it's that I prefer the ride of steel, or the EBB stiffens up the bottom half of the frame, or what, but it's a great handling/riding bike. I race it as a single speed and in the off-season run it with an 8-speed rear for a more versatile trail/gravel ripper. Yup, fantastic bike!

I also have a Kesho 29er hardtail that I raced on last season, also a great bike. Admittedly I'm on the fence about 29er's, I think they make great race bikes and this one is just that. But when it comes to screwing around on trails and just having fun riding everything I want to that I come across, I find 29er's to be limiting. All that said, I wouldn't hesitate to sign up for a 26er hardtail or a road bike or another 'cross bike from Kesho.

If you're in the market for custom steel, the price is great and the turnaround time is second to none!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Just got mine

I just took delivery of mine yesterday. I haven't even ridden it yet, just admired it in the garage. It's absolutely gorgeous and will be my go-to race bike next season.

mb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody ride a Kesho frame?-dsc02877.jpg