Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Anybody been to Cycle Path yet?

Another new bike shop in Portland. It is called Cycle Path. I wonder how many bike shops Portland can substain. Regardless, this shop is stocked full of high-end parts, bikes, and goodies. They had a Moots' road bike that was incredible. Bill Larson, owner, seems to know his stuff. He lost me on an explanation on how Moots' bikes are made.

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Not sure i would call cycle path new. I have been going there for about a year now. good shop for Single speeders. Bill is a very nice guy also.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    one of the best bike shops in portland. all really nice, willing to explain stuff to me, great store.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo
    one of the best bike shops in portland. all really nice, willing to explain stuff to me, great store.
    Where is it at?

Gittyup!
    Like another poster said, they really aren't "new". I bought a Park work stand from him, heck, must have been 3 years ago. I think his shop was just a bit more in the shadows at the time and he generated a lot of his business via "The List"... a list emailed out periodically w/ a bunch of sweet deals. I believe it was completely word of mouth. And like you experienced, Bill was super friendly and knowledgable.

BTW - Bend, population 70,000, is currently sustaining 9 bike shops! How many are in PDX?

Bend Bike N Sport
    Bend Cyclery
    Century Cycles
    Hutch's West
    Hutch's East
    Northwest Adventures
    Pine Mountain Sports
    Sunnyside Sports
    Webcyclery

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Another new bike shop in Portland. It is called Cycle Path. I wonder how many bike shops Portland can substain. Regardless, this shop is stocked full of high-end parts, bikes, and goodies. They had a Moots' road bike that was incredible. Bill Larson, owner, seems to know his stuff. He lost me on an explanation on how Moots' bikes are made.

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I never knew that shop was there and I live and work about 1/2 mile away. They sure do have a lot of nice high end stuff.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

They sell Mountain Cycle bikes

Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    I never knew that shop was there and I live and work about 1/2 mile away. They sure do have a lot of nice high end stuff.
    That is weird. A great shop.

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    That is weird. A great shop.

Jaybo
    Well, yeah. That's how I finally found out about the shop. I think a lot of people know about "Cycl. paths" since The Oregonian ran the photo of Josh working on the Stumptown inside the shop on the first page of the business section a few days ago.

I wish Bill, the owner would stop calling us "Mtn. cycles".

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by SLinBend
    Bend Bike N Sport
    Bend Cyclery
    Century Cycles
    Hutch's West
    Hutch's East
    Northwest Adventures
    Pine Mountain Sports
    Sunnyside Sports
    Webcyclery
    What about the one on Century that used to be On the Way? Is that Bend Bike and Sport now? Then what's the shop on Galveston next to Westside Bakery?
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

Gittyup!
    On The Way is now Bend Bike n Sport. There are two on Galveston: Century Cycles (behind Dilluso's) and Northwest Adventures, across the street. I'd say the market is saturated Although they all do have somewhat of their own nitch's.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage
    What about the one on Century that used to be On the Way? Is that Bend Bike and Sport now? Then what's the shop on Galveston next to Westside Bakery?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Yew betcha

I've been there and I'm a Longivew-ite...

Bill is very knowledgeable and the shop has the good stuff. There is even a purple Puglsly with 3.7" tires on it (if it hasn't been sold yet, I lusted after it a bit myself).

CyclePath also sponsors the race team "Half Fast" which we see up here on the local trails fairly often.

All in all, seems to be a great bike shop.

bob
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.