mtbr member

Any riding in Seaside, OR

I'll be in Seaside on the third week of August (work) and may be able to ride on Saturday the 17th before I fly back to LA. Just wondering if anyone recommends any cool trails in the area. Anything from 10 to 20 miles long that can offer some good scenery regardless of the level of riding would be appreciated.
    I will also need a bike. Any shop recommendations that either demo or rent bikes will also be appreciated.
    Happy Trails!
    Victor

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Nothing to ride worth getting a bike and all that in that area, sadly. One trail between seaside and cannon beach is less than 4 miles long, has lots of hikers on it, perma blow downs. A few other short things outside of town but nothing even remotely close to what you've requested. You would be far better served to make the 1 1/2 hour drive into Portland, rent a real bike from Fat Tire Farm, then go ride Sandy Ridge. You will not be dissapointed, I can pretty much guarantee it.

mtbr member
    Thanks pigdog. I actually did do Sandy Ridge about 2 months ago and was not dissapointed at all. That place rocks! Just looking for new dirt given that I'm in the area.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hey Victor! I have to disagree with pigdog and make reference to a couple of resources that may change your mind about riding in the Seaside area. One particular ride that I did in March is a 29-mile loop that starts in Seaside and takes you onto logging roads (open for non-motorized recreation), paved roads, about 2 miles worth of single track in the Fort Clatsop area and then some road riding along Highway 101. Because that last part can be rather congested - and maybe not ideal if you crave the dirt, you may elect to simply reverse route on the way back. Or you could ride along the beach for some nice leg-burn too. There are also several rides (though nothing else single track) in the forestry hills just east of Seaside. Scenery is awesome and ride can be very challenging or just moderate. Your choice. Give a shout if you'd like more info on these. For rentals, check out the Prom Bike Shop in Seaside. They have great setups. Cheers.

highly visible
    Pretty much just logging-road or beach riding out there, though I've heard Cape Falcon south of Cannon Beach can be pretty good. AFAIK you can ride the beach from Gearhart all the way up to Fort Clatsop, something I've been wanting to do for a while but never seem to find the time to do.
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll look this up. Most likely will just stick to sight seeing during the week.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    From what I understand there is some good private property single track to be had. Just met a guy that rides it. If I can get any solid info on it (and it's cool to ride it) I will pm you some details, otherwise Seaside is a tourist trap hell hole.....don't go!