mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Any pics from hospital trail in White Salmon Wa.

Posted this same question in the Washington thread. I was told there would probably be more answers here because of the proximity to Mt. Hood and Hood River and Portland.
    Anybody have pics of the Hospital trail? Plus information on it. Start, Stop, climbing etc?
    I have family that lives about a hundred yards from the road going down to Jewit creek. I have ridden that road down to the bottom as a youngster. Did it on an old old BMX bike. If it would work I could start at their house and make it. I would like to see a bit of it though. Thanks folks.

mtbr member
    Unfortunately it's all closed for awhile due to fire danger:

Hancock Forest Management, Longview Timberlands, Stevenson Land Company, Broughton Lumber Company, Kreps Ranch LLC , Kreps Family LLC, and American Forest Management, Inc. are closing their lands to public entry effective August 13 until further notice. The closure is taking place because of extreme fire danger. The closure is for lands in Klickitat, Skamania, Yakima, Hood River, and Wasco counties. Total lands closed are approximately 200,000 acres.

These properties will remain closed to all public entry until Washington State Department of Natural Resources determines the fire danger rating of Industrial Fire Precaution Level (IFPL) is reduced to IFPL 1. Security patrols have been assigned to strictly enforce the closure. The organizations state it is the publicís responsibility to know whose property they are on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    well that sucks. Guess that is how it goes. I would like to see some pics though. Thanks for the info about all the closures.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Here is a pic from the top:

photo Gorgeview.jpg

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    That picture doesn't do it justice. Maybe the prettiest spot in the NW next to Crater Lake. Unfreakingbelievably beautiful!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Thats a great picture. Not the view that I had in my mind. Of course the view I had in mind might not exist. The trail might not run where I thought it did. But thats ok. This gives me more of an understanding of where it is.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

I talked to SDS Lumber last week - they will send the word out the moment it opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick G. View Post
    Thats a great picture. Not the view that I had in my mind. Of course the view I had in mind might not exist. The trail might not run where I thought it did. But thats ok. This gives me more of an understanding of where it is.

I talked to Jeremy Grose last week (the day of the rains) and they will send out a press release when it opens back up. I'll be sure to post here when it does.

There are lots of good views up behind the house on the hill. The picture posted here is from one of the eastern most view points looking to the west. Between there and the western trails you can get some great shots of adams, white salmon, mt hood, the top of Rainier, and some awesome oak forests in the fall.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks. I have a pretty good idea from where that pic was taken. It just wasn't where I thought it would have been.
    I was told that the trail runs from snowden to down into Bingen. This I believe was taken from atop the hill on the north side of Jewett creek. I have climbed most of the way up that hill on foot. I have also watched that hillside for deer and elk for many years from the front window of my Aunt and Uncles house.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Surprising rain quantities today. We might get lucky and have some trails re-open sooner, rather than later. Fingers crossed!
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.