BIGME

any good trails around Medford for the Holiday?

I will be outside of Medford for the Holiday weekend and was wondering if anyone could be so kind as to give me some directions (or even a map) to a good trail in the area. as i am visiting family and am coming with my 3 kids and I cannot commit to any epics, but I sure would like to get a taste of what the area has to offer.

(if you don't want to post anything publicly i can give you my personal email or even phone number) we have some mtb haters in my area so I understand discretion.

Thanks in advance.

Josh
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!

mtbr member
    I haven't been up there but once this year and that was way earlier.
    If Ashland mountain isn't snowed up yet, you might be able to ride that trail or portions of it.
    Ashland Mountain Adventures runs a shuttle service for bikes (and snowboard/ski folk during the winter). Bill and Sue are pretty cool people. I use them when I can get up there to ride.

There are trails somewhere between Medford and Ashland, but I don't know where they are at. I was told about them by people at the local shops.
    There are bike shops in Medford as well as Ashland where you can find maps and info.

I'm sure there are other riders here who have more information than this... hope they post before you go!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

snow...

Most of the stuff in the Ashland watershed will probably have snow on it. But the Applegate reservoir trail should be great. Its a little bit of a drive, like 30 mins at least from Medford, but well worth it.

Applegate lake Trail Oregon Trail Reviews

Also in that area is the Collins Mt. trail, which is amazing, but probably has snow on it.
    "Yep, Redding sucks alright, just way less than you think." - Fiskare

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

also

I just saw what type of bike you ride. I think Jacksonville which is close by has some freeride type trails just outside of town.
    "Yep, Redding sucks alright, just way less than you think." - Fiskare

BIGME
    wsmac thanks for the info, left a message for the people in Ashland.

Loki I rode Applegate a few years ago and broke a chain at about mile 10 with no spare parts (great planning on my part), Luckily I hiked to the top of one of the hills surrounding the lake, found a fire rd, and met the only people out who just happened to be exploring the area with their 4x4's who were kind enough to tie my bike to the top of their blazer.

So i may give it another try.

I had to laugh at the comment amout whatbike I ride, because my bikes are always way more capable than me . The info was a few years old and I think this is my first post in a couple of years. I updated the bike info. It's still way more capable than me.

Thanks for the info
    I might have amnesia, but at least I don't have amnesia!