mtbr member

Another reason it's good to be a mountain biker

A half million dollar study commissioned by the Navy to help them recruit the best prospects for their Seals program included mountain bikers as prime candidates. The list went like this:
    "Water polo tops the list, with a manís odds nearly doubling if he played on a high school or college team. Triathlons, lacrosse, boxing, rugby, swimming and wrestling are the other six.

Alternative sports that scored favorably are skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, climbing, rappelling and the martial arts."

The whole article is here: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...iously-sports/ for those interested.

Heck, if beer drinking was on the list I'd hit the trifecta.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Me a seal?

Ha ha! I would not make it a day in their training program! The first drop in freezing cold water would turn me blue and that would be it. I would be be looking for a nice fire to warm my old tail up

mtbr member
    Navy Seals are not human, there orca/human hybrids with some Yeti thrown in.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Sounds like a nice weekend getaway

Nat
    Solo contendre
    How does snowboarding figure into SEAL activities? 1280 SEAL McTwist? Butter to nose-fakie railslide bong hit?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    How does snowboarding figure into SEAL activities? 1280 SEAL McTwist? Butter to nose-fakie railslide bong hit?
    with an M4 head shot out!

Without even leaving any tracks in the snow!