mudnthebloodnthebeer

Another Forest Park Conservancy Newsletter...

...another lack of any mention of increasing bicycle access to the Park. Fool me once...
    Also, the streets are full of horizontal dropouts...

BSNYC

Metalheadbikerider

Not surprising....

Quote Originally Posted by quaffimodo
    ...another lack of any mention of increasing bicycle access to the Park. Fool me once...
    the push for more mtb access isn't going to come from them, it is going to come from us mtb'ers (mainly NWTA). The point of all of us joining FPC was not so that they would make a big push for us (the FAR majority of their constituents are not "us"), but so that they would not continue to fight against us. We don't need FPC to do the work for us, but we do need them on our side.
    I am helping to organize another work party for FL 5 on August 22nd (more details to come) for NWTA. Having mtb'ers attend these events will go a long way with Parks, especially during these economic times. It would be great if 50 people showed up as this is a crucial time for more access in FP.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

Metalheadbikerider

Although....

Quote Originally Posted by quaffimodo
    the letter does mention taking a mountain bike ride in the park. That may not seem like a big deal, but it is evidence of a paradigm shift.
    At the very least we are being acknowledged as a legitimate user group in the park.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org