Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    meatier showers

Announcing All Comer's Meat IV, Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008

The 4th Annual All Comers Meat (Force Kin) will happen on Saturday, January 19, 2008 near the quaint village of Lorane (~30 minutes south of Eugene). The venue is Whypass, the clandestine singletrack stash of the Disciples of Dirt.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

We'll meat in the T-bar-C Country Cafe parking lot at 9:45am, then caravan from there to the trailhead (drivers will be blindfolded so they won't later be able to reveal the exact whereabouts of Whypass). The T-bar-C Country Cafe is closed but the parking lot is still open so it makes a good place to meat. The cafe is on Territorial Hwy about 1/2 mile north of the town of Lorane.

All Comer's Meat is a FUN RIDE, not a race. The Whypass network consists of about 15 miles of homegrown singletrack, with plenty of climbing and descending and lots of mud. Bring fenders! Riders will be able to hook up with various ride groups offering paces from hammer pilot to stoner, so don't be concerned if you've recently added another layer of insulation to the ol' meat jacket. This event is about meating other riders, whoopin' & hollerin' through the forest and enjoying the mid-ride snack stop, where you'll even find BEVERAGE. I think you know what I'm talkin' about. In other words -- FUN. No puffing up & posturing allowed. Well, maybe some puffin'... I dunno. Anyway...

The '05 - '07 versions of ACM each drew 45-60 bozos & bozettes. So far nobody has failed to have fun. Any that do will be flogged mercilessly.

Directions from north or south: Take I-5, exit Creswell. Go west through downtown Creswell on Oregon Avenue (Oregon Ave. eventually becomes Ham Rd.) Continue on Ham Rd. until it T-bones into Territorial Rd., about 13-15 miles. Turn left (south) on Territorial and proceed another 3-5 miles to the T-bar-C Country Cafe which will be on your right, immediately past the entrance to King Estate Winery.

The green line from Creswell are the directions above. Be aware that Camas Swale/Ham Rd is narrow twisty and steep. You can get the turn-by-turn directions for the other route through Cottage Grove if you use MapQuest for directions from Creswell to Lorane.

We'll leave the cafe parking lot bound for the Whypass trailhead at 10:03am, so get to the cafe early. Take note, I said "10:03," not "10:30."

Past events:
    ACM 2005
    ACM 2006
    ACM 2007

--Sparty
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Making fat cool since '71
    WhoooHooo!! All are Cummin', right?

Looking forward to it. Let's do it.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    What good is this thread without enticing pictures to lure in the folks? This is from some new trail that might be ready for the ACM. Fun stuff.

Pic 1. Can you believe it, a log, on the trail! Granted they chopped the top off, and of our group of 3 someone still complained about it (hint, she's in blue).

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    hey, that one got sanitized, now anyone can make it
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by red-haze.com
    hey, that one got sanitized, now anyone can make it
    Bob, are you going to make it down for ACM4?
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member

Pictures?

Okay, I'll lend a few of some new trail

Sparty and ML excited to be on new trail...

Someone santized this section according to 2morrow.

Shiggy going for it.

Almost

Pretty much all the red is new trail, still needs a little work but it's oh so close.
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

meatier showers

Good ride today

Yeah, BABY!!! We've got some new singletrack for ACM4 and the way things are going we'll probably double the amount before the big event on Jan. 19th.

Today's ride was awesome. I don't think it ever stopped raining but at least the weather was ~50 degrees instead of ~35 degrees. I poured water out of my Gore-Tex socks after 15 sweet miles but (happily) my feet weren't even cold.

Dang, it's exciting to build/ride new singletrack... SO rewarding!

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Dang it, NO! It's right in the middle of a shiftweek but i wish I could make it. been missing out on my DOD buddies. looks like things are going well down there in Blew Jean and there will be some great new muddy trail at WhyPass AGAIN this year.
    bike ON
    bob
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

mtbr member

D.O.D Rocks!

You guys are trail building machines! I'm so looking forward to ACM4. Whypass is one of my favorites places to ride even though I only get over there about once a year. Maybe this year I'll make it twice, I'd like to see and ride it when it's dry someday.

Anyway you guys are doing some sweet stuff over there.

Happy Trails
    Jolly
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I think i'll try to make it this year.

mtbr member

Naa, you don't want to ride it when it's dry...

Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar
    You guys are trail building machines! I'm so looking forward to ACM4. Whypass is one of my favorites places to ride even though I only get over there about once a year. Maybe this year I'll make it twice, I'd like to see and ride it when it's dry someday.

Anyway you guys are doing some sweet stuff over there.

Happy Trails
    Jolly
    You get way too much traction when it's dry. I almost crashed a few times this summer because the bike was hooking up when it was 'supposed' to be sliding. It is our wintertime playground after all.

See you at ACM4, we'll ride Whypass in its prime(and proper) form, sloppy!

Flaps

mtbr member
    I'm eager for the slop. Looking forward to the high RPM slow speed riding we Oregonians thrive on. There nothing quite like a slow speed two wheel slide in Whypass mud and it looks like you folks are prepare some of the best.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by red-haze.com
    Dang it, NO! It's right in the middle of a shiftweek but i wish I could make it. been missing out on my DOD buddies. looks like things are going well down there in Blew Jean and there will be some great new muddy trail at WhyPass AGAIN this year.
    bike ON
    bob
    I hear there is a "bug" going around. Should reach Longview around Jan. 18 and be gone by the 21st.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    +97 yards of track amongst Flaps, Carrie and myself.

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by 2morrow
    +97 yards of track amongst Flaps, Carrie and myself.
    Looks like Gracie helped, too.

--Davey
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'll be there, my first year, and looking forward to it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Couple more yards. If you look closely you might even see a root or two!

Trail bosses ok'ing the tread

mtbr member
    Freakin Awesome... looking forward to seeing what you got done between the two zones.

If anyone else wants to come on out we could always use the help, check out the DOD Yahoo page and see what's up for this weekend.
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Just to keep it going... Cleaned up the log ride exit, ran into Shiggy, HankHank, Pintpedaler (?), and saw MaxSteel's car. As usual the pups had a blast (of mud to the face).

Known Mountainbiker
    Chappy, Albee, Rock(more or less)hound and I got a couple hour ride in on Sunday. The hidden puddles under the snow made for cold/wet feet. We stayed away from the new stuff and anything that required climbing fireroads. Needless to say, where there wasn't 2 inches of wet snow on the trail, there was slush balls falling from the canopy.

Best ride of the year! Best ride of the summer!

Caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

Tree Hugger
    ACM4 is almost here!

This year's ACM is turning out to be the coolest event yet. I hope people come out to enjoy it, and experience the DOD's unique brand of hospitality. Bring yer gears or yer SS, but don't forget yer fenders. We're doing what we can to guarantee sunshine for the event, but rain or shine, fun will be had by all.

Who's planning on coming from Bend? I know yall are snowed in, and starting to get bored of endless powder runs day after day.

How about Portland/Washington? Any Californians planning on making the journey?

Mid valley crew, speak up. Albany, Salem, Corvallis, who's coming down?

Bring it on!!

Sasquatch
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Acm

Myself and another friend from Portland coming down. Very interested to see what the DOD rides in the winter...
    Will try to arrive early at the T-Bar-C to meet some of you.
    Tim

mtbr member
    Don't forget your mud tires. They WILL be needed.

Flaps

P.S. - I heard that the 80 degree temperatures are on back-order and may not arrive in time for ACM-IV.

Singletrack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    ACM4 is almost here!

This year's ACM is turning out to be the coolest event yet. I hope people come out to enjoy it, and experience the DOD's unique brand of hospitality. Bring yer gears or yer SS, but don't forget yer fenders. We're doing what we can to guarantee sunshine for the event, but rain or shine, fun will be had by all.

Who's planning on coming from Bend? I know yall are snowed in, and starting to get bored of endless powder runs day after day.

How about Portland/Washington? Any Californians planning on making the journey?

Mid valley crew, speak up. Albany, Salem, Corvallis, who's coming down?

Bring it on!!

Sasquatch
    Just made a convenient switch at work to secure clearance for the drive down next Saturday. I'll have room in the van (got heat!) for 2-3. I'll post a carpool thread for interested PDX patrons.

slower than you
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    How about Portland/Washington?
    I'm heading down from Portland on Friday, maybe try to get a ride in? I can give a one way lift if anyone wants to come down a day early. You'd be on your own getting back to Portland unless you want to spend the following 6 days mountain biking somewhere down south.
    Dog is my copilot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast