mtbr member

Alpine trail shuttle?

Hey guys, I'm going to be in Oakridge tomorrow and am thinking about riding the Alpine trail. I keep hearing about shuttling it, but do you have to go through a service (any locked gates). Since we're coming from Albany, we were thinking about shuttling it with two cars. Is this possible?

Thanks for the last minute help!

mtbr member
    Yes, entirely possible. No gates.
    2008 Heckler

The Brutally Handsome
    I have done this many times, including today! Best method is to park in the office bridge parking lot and hop into your shuttle rig, drive up the 1910 or 1912 (if you check a map, both get there, but the 1912 seems a bit quicker), park and ride the trail all the way back down to the parking lot. So much fun, you will have a blast!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Bridge

mtbr member
    Perfect! Being as it's only two of us we may just bring one car after all. But thats good to hear! Thanks for the help!

The Brutally Handsome
    If you decide to bike the road up, be prepared for a long climb. The rewards will be worth the work!

switchback sculptor
    give oregon adventures a shout if you need a shuttle.

http://oregon-adventures.com/index.html

let us know the snow level, and have fun!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by erosive
    give oregon adventures a shout if you need a shuttle.

http://oregon-adventures.com/index.html

let us know the snow level, and have fun!!
    +1 for Oregon Adventures. Well worth it.

The Brutally Handsome
    why was my post erased? are members allowed to advertise their services here?

The Brutally Handsome
    seems to violate these guidlines: http://www.mtbr.com/guidelinescrx.aspx#manuguidelines

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzler
    why was my post erased? are members allowed to advertise their services here?
    None of your posts have been deleted.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzler
    Nobody has promoted their own business in this thread.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Well we went up there today and shuttled the Alpine trail. We started at the top, but there was too much snow (for us). The snow level was at about 3000 ft. We tried a lower section of trail but still had trouble with the snow and cold (puddles were freezing over) and had to call it quits early. It's unfortunate that we missed such an awesome trail due to the freezing weather and rain/snow! I kinda feel like a lightweight, but we were soaked to the bone, even with four light layers on top. The trails were very wet, with large puddles, streams down the trail and bits of snow here and there. Really too bad as the few sections we did ride were awesome!

Here are a few pics.

(this is a little over half way up the road)

(towards the top)

Thanks for the help guys! Hope to make it out there when the snow level rises a bit

The Brutally Handsome
    wow, looks like i missed the bad weather by only a day! it was totally clear yesterday, even a bit sunny! shiggy, i think i misunderstood, thinking that erosive worked for adventure oregon. to me it seemed like the owner of a restaurant in oakridge saying, "if you get hungry while riding, try stopping at the DQ for some hot eats and cool treats! Here's directions . . . " Sorry for the confusion!

mtbr member
    ORwoodsrider quite whining. It wasn't that bad. Just because we were in shorts and summer jersey's. Wow! We both get an "F" for preparedness. LOL! The vented summer shoes were probably the straw that broke the camels back for me.
    We'll get it next time!

Thanks to all the folks that gave us some great info! It definitely helped get us to the right trailheads.

mtbr member
    Oh ya, by the way. Get something besides brown. You looked too much like a deer with all those hunters cruising the roads up there. I mean come on- Brown bike, brown shorts, brown jersey, brown jacket, brown helmet, oh and black shoes. Throw a couple sticks in your helmet and your gonna be hanging in someones living room over the fireplace.

mtbr member
    Hey what can I say? I like brown. and if they had a deer antler attachment for my helmet I'd probably order it.