Madmaxx

Advice on Portland riding

My buddy and I are visiting Portland for a few days and looking for a place to ride in or near the Portland, OR area. We heard that the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge just east of Hood River might be decent in the rain. Anyone have any advice and/or directions of a cool place to ride this time of year?
    Texas Swimming and Diving... GO BABY GO!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmaxx
    My buddy and I are visiting Portland for a few days and looking for a place to ride in or near the Portland, OR area. We heard that the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge just east of Hood River might be decent in the rain. Anyone have any advice and/or directions of a cool place to ride this time of year?
    What type of riding are you looking at doing? It's pretty soggy around here right now.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Syncline is a mess right now

Quote Originally Posted by Madmaxx
    There isn't a place in the whole state that isn't a mud pit right now. The Gorge Trail near Cascade Locks might be okay. The only place that might be halfway decent, maybe, is the ride 15 miles east of The Dalles, OR called Descutes River Trail. It isn't much of a ride but it is in an area of Oregon that gets roughly 10" of rain annually. It is typically dry. Check it out. Otherwise, bring your ski's. We have really gotten hammered this winter.

Jaybo