mtbr member

Good job! Thanks DOD !!!

It was a long day and worth every minute...
    Great people, amazing trails, plenty of mud.
    You guys lived up to your reputation, Thank You !!!
    Now lets see some pictures.
    Jefe'
    BendOregonSingleSpeeders
    Team Webcyclery
    ' Bend's dirtiest Acupuncturist '

bendoregonsinglespeeders

teamwebcyclery

meatier showers

Good job! Thanks, y'all

To Everyone involved with the All Comer's Meat yesterday,

Whether you were a rider or ride leader or a vounteer, thank you for making the event tons o' fun. It was great to see old friends again as well as make new ones. According to author Wayne W. Dyer, "Your friends are God's way of apologizing for your relatives." Funny perhaps, but surprisingly true.

Thank you, friends.

An unofficial head count put the total group at around 60 peeps. That's pretty big for a sloppy, cold, mid-January group ride. Some riders came from far away... we saw one license plate from Florida, though I'm not sure the Floridian came all the way just to do the ACM. But folks did come all the way from the coast, from Portland, from Bend and from Washington State. Good on y'all!

Many thanks to our selfless volunteer crew, including Hank Hank for devoting countless hours during the past few months grooming and armoring the trails at Whypass, to Randy and Kraig for spending all day setting up & running the snack station & shuttling gear & whatnot, to our ride leaders for not leaving any bodies behind in the woods, to the many individuals plus Paul's Bicycle Way of Life (Eugene), Willamette Mountain Mercantile (Oakridge) and Cycle-Bi (Eugene) for donating schwag for the post-ride raffle, to everyone who provided grub & brew to stock the snack station. Finally, to those who put money in our tip jar, thank you as well. This goes toward the beer fund. (Don't ask which beer fund. :-> )

Thanks again y'all! We'll do it again next year!

--Davey Sprockett, King of the Wild Front Tire
    AKA Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Thanks for showing me a good time everyone. I enjoyed it a lot. I can't wait to see the pics!

gave up SS in 1975

... and if we just ... Soooo enjoyable!

Wow, gosh, gee, holy poopsters! This was way fun. Thanks for everyone who set up this event. I have done events in the past and know how many hours go into something so casual but fun as this. Having a lot of easy going gung ho for the muck people was wonderful to hang with too. Can't say more for the support given for the ride leaders too. Will make this a regular event for myself. Thanks again Meatfoot for introducing me to such a great group of riders!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Great to meat all the folks from the All Comers Meat. Meat Foot, Hiawatharider, Nat, Jefe, it was wonderful getting to know y'all, and to put the faces to the names.(Whew, almost had a typo and wrote "put the feces to the names" -- yuk!)

Great ride, great folks, great support, and great -- well, pretty decent -- weather, too! We're all waiting on pins and needles (as opposed to PinsNeedles) for pics!!!

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Thanks for showing me a good time everyone. I enjoyed it a lot. I can't wait to see the pics!

Great to meet ya Nat, check out the Singlespeed board with a new Sticky set up for ACM2 photos.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PinsNeedles
    It was a long day and worth every minute...
    Great people, amazing trails, plenty of mud.
    You guys lived up to your reputation, Thank You !!!
    Now lets see some pictures.
    Jefe'
    BendOregonSingleSpeeders
    Team Webcyclery
    Oh gee Jefe, and all along I thought we had a reputation to live DOWN to. Like when we go down on Fungurl. It was good to meet all you folks. Now it's your turn(s) to throw a party on your trails.

See you around the next turn. "We're halfway there and it's all down hill from here"

mtbr member

I'm already getting a crew together

For Barbie Camp !!!
    We can split the driving and the difference between your mud and our dust...
    I am working on a late spring/early summer date for a Bend gathering hosted by B.O.S.S. / Webcyclery / Vulture Cycles / Cascade Lakes Brewery...lets hope this gets off the ground.
    Thanks again, Nat and I had a great time.
    Jefe'
    ' Bend's dirtiest Acupuncturist '

bendoregonsinglespeeders

teamwebcyclery

Expert Pushing SSer

Good job!

What everyone else said, good to put names to faces and a big thanks to Sparty and DOD clan for making it feel like family (in a good way). Don't know if anyone else has said specifically, but I am a tuckered little pup. My quads are still screaming and calling names. Mud has that interesting friction/cohesion that makes it very inefficient. The mid ride libations were a real treat.
    Tuff Schist

meatier showers

Please pick a date soon

Quote Originally Posted by PinsNeedles
    ...I am working on a late spring/early summer date for a Bend gathering hosted by B.O.S.S. / Webcyclery / Vulture Cycles / Cascade Lakes Brewery...Jefe'
    Let us know ASAP which date you pick, or if you're considering several dates and want some input we'll be glad to help you choose one. The cycling events calandar gets pretty busy around the time you're talkin' about, and personally I wanna BE THERE!

--Davey Sprockett, King of the Wild Front Tire AKA Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    Don't know if anyone else has said specifically, but I am a tuckered little pup. My quads are still screaming and calling names.
    My stix are broken this morning too. After the ride Jeff and I had our 3 hour drive home, and we both had a little trouble standing up out of the car seats. Nearly tipped forward onto our foreheads against the driveway!

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Nearly tipped forward onto our foreheads against the driveway!
    Surprised I even woke up the next morning. I was falling asleep in my chair around 9:30. My wife was saying "wake up, your missing the best part" [of a movie on DVD]. Good riding/walking with ya Nat.

Mike
    Tuff Schist

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    Surprised I even woke up the next morning. I was falling asleep in my chair around 9:30. My wife was saying "wake up, your missing the best part" [of a movie on DVD]. Good riding/walking with ya Nat.

Mike
    Oh you kids! Some of us needed to ski XC on Sunday, so Saturday was a nice warmup. I will admit that the mud is an amazing energy-sucking substance, but we get used to it. Glad you liked our network. See you all at the next fest!

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    Some of us needed to ski XC on Sunday, so Saturday was a nice warmup.
    Going to Bend this weekend with the lady and grommet. Will have fun XC sking there, per usual. The mud is a sucker for sure. See you at the next event.

Cheers!
    Tuff Schist

High Speed Botanist

ACM Video

For those that don't check the mail or aren't a member of the DOD, I've posted a video of the days fun. I got plenty of off the bike cam and Tom did all the helmet cam. Pretty cool to have a tour of what everyone was up too. Here's the link, it's on the front page.

http://www.disciplesofdirt.org/index.htm

Enjoy!

industry employee

Very Nice!!

What helmet cam did you use?

mike
    mtbzone.com

High Speed Botanist

It's my friends..

Quote Originally Posted by mtbzone
    What helmet cam did you use?

mike
    mtbzone.com
    believe it's the high end sony with more lines of res, running to a Sony DCR-22 handheld in the backpack. Something like that, almost all bullet cams on the market seem to be sony's, some more lines of res than others.