Results 1 to 92 of 92
  1. #1
    High Speed Botanist
    Reputation: lswing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    191

    ACM2 - The Second Cumming

    Well, it's been a long year (and hard, now it's time for the All Cummers Meat 2. Last year was a blast as we had 40+ Washingtonians and Oregonians joined us in our excellent trail complex know as WhyPass. We've got the brush trimmed back and she's smooth and ready for action. Plus a couple new tantilizing additions to tire ya out and make you beg for more sweet single track!

    January 21st 2006, 10am at the Lorane Country Cafe, see below.

    "The Disciples of Dirt invite you to join them for their annual All Comer's Meat in their secret singletrack sanctuary known as Whypass. Bring your knobbiest knobbies and be sure to fender your sled for this relaxed-paced event. Plan on about 15 miles of mucky singletrack including ~2500' of climbing. Meet at 10am at the Lorane Country Cafe (the cafe is closed but the parking lot still makes a good place to meet). Find the cafe 1/2 mile north of the town of Lorane on Territorial Highway. Directions: From Eugene, take West 11th Ave. to Bertelsen Rd. There’s a traffic light at the intersection of W. 11th and Bertelsen in west Eugene. Turn south onto Bertelsen and reset your odometer to zero as you do so. Even though you’ll make no turns off this road for about twelve and a half miles, the road’s name will change from Bertelsen to Bailey Hill to Lorane Hwy. Don’t worry about it, just keep driving and make no turns. At 12.6 miles you come to Gillespie Corners. This is where Lorane Hwy. T-bones into Territorial Hwy. Turn left onto Territorial Hwy. (follow signs directing you toward the town of Lorane.) At 17.2 miles, turn right into the Lorane Country Cafe parking lot.

    More info can be found at http://www.disciplesofdirt.org

  2. #2
    Tree Hugger
    Reputation: Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by lswing
    Well, it's been a long year (and hard, now it's time for the All Cummers Meat 2.
    January 21st 2006, 10am at the Lorane Country Cafe, see below.
    More info can be found at http://www.disciplesofdirt.org

    Here are some pictures showing the highlights from last year's ride.

    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...551#post640551

    and

    RIDE: All Comer's Meat, Jan. 22, near Eugene


    Don't miss this special event, dedicated to fun, and friends (old and new)
    It's not a race, it's a meat!
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

  3. #3
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch


    Don't miss this special event, dedicated to fun, and friends (old and new)
    It's not a race, it's a meat!
    And fresh meat is always welcome!
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  4. #4
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Notation: A portion of Lou's invitaion/description above is a cut-'n-paste from last year's event promo. FYI the hard working & fun loving members of The Disciples of Dirt have added a couple new trails since last year! There's even more sweet, sloppy, mucky, giggle-a-minute singletrack to ride now!

    Y'all come!

    --Sparty
    Last edited by Sparticus; 12-29-2005 at 03:03 PM.
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  5. #5
    2012 Race: April 28th!
    Reputation: LemurianGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    871

    Good job! I'll be there!

    I've got business in Portland Friday, I'll drive to Eugene Fri nite, ride with you guys Saturday, then make my way back home. I had the pleasure of meeting a few of you guys at Mt Bike Oregon, looking forward to riding with you at Whypass.
    www.shastalemurian.com!!

  6. #6
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by LemurianGuy
    I've got business in Portland Friday, I'll drive to Eugene Fri nite, ride with you guys Saturday, then make my way back home. I had the pleasure of meeting a few of you guys at Mt Bike Oregon, looking forward to riding with you at Whypass.
    Very cool, Ron! Will be great to see you again.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    589

    oh yah

    looks good for mud fun!

    bike ON
    bob

    I have dirty thoughts...
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

  8. #8
    High Speed Botanist
    Reputation: lswing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    191

    The HAZE>>>

    Right on Red Haze, hope to seeya down here. So what's the plan for the shindig up in your neck o' the woods? Seeya later!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudflaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by red-haze.com
    looks good for mud fun!

    bike ON
    bob

    I have dirty thoughts...
    You always have dirty thoughts Haze.
    I'm one of the 10 types, I understand binary.

  10. #10
    Shamisen Appreciator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,903
    It's on. I'll see you all there.
    Sean Chaney :: Owner/Builder :: Vertigo Cycles LLC
    flickr :: www.vertigocycles.com

  11. #11
    Expert Pushing SSer
    Reputation: Meat Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge
    It's on. I'll see you all there.
    What he said.

    Tires....big (to float) or skinny (to punch)?

    Smudge - Our exchange server went down today.....deatils to follow.
    Tuff Schist

  12. #12
    High Speed Botanist
    Reputation: lswing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    What he said.

    Tires....big (to float) or skinny (to punch)?

    Smudge - Our exchange server went down today.....deatils to follow.
    Skinny, with good knobs spaced well!

  13. #13
    Expert Pushing SSer
    Reputation: Meat Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by lswing
    Skinny, with good knobs spaced well!
    Thanks for the heads up and quick response!
    Tuff Schist

  14. #14
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    What he said.

    Tires....big (to float) or skinny (to punch)?

    Smudge - Our exchange server went down today.....deatils to follow.
    If you have the fork clearance Sparty likes the Fire FR 2.4 on the front.

    Basically deep open treads work well.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: General Coonskins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,019

    Or

    Quote Originally Posted by lswing
    Skinny, with good knobs spaced well!

    we have been having good luck with a couple TimberWolf's on, 2.3 rear and 2.5 front. Great traction, I think I like them better than the narrow tires.
    Just the Pictures

    The Shop


    The Blog

    Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudflaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by General Coonskins
    we have been having good luck with a couple TimberWolf's on, 2.3 rear and 2.5 front. Great traction, I think I like them better than the narrow tires.
    But then the General had a flat with those big fat tires Sunday, or so I heard. I was working on the new trail

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: General Coonskins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,019

    true

    Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    But then the General had a flat with those big fat tires Sunday, or so I heard. I was working on the new trail

    but not abnormal for me.... plus Candy got a flat with a 1.8 on, just think if I had those skinny tires.
    Just the Pictures

    The Shop


    The Blog

    Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

  18. #18
    Expert Pushing SSer
    Reputation: Meat Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by General Coonskins
    we have been having good luck with a couple TimberWolf's on, 2.3 rear and 2.5 front. Great traction, I think I like them better than the narrow tires.
    That is what I would love to run. No $ for new tread, so I was thinking about the older veloci 1.95's F/R combo. I have them as my "mud" tires as advised by red-haze when I first moved here. They seem to work pretty well. Like you guys, with a rigid rig, the thought of running "skinny" (2.1 or narrower in my book) gives me the chills. However Shiggy, I do have a Panaracer 2.4 FR that could be put up front. Won't fit in the rear. May run the 2.4 up front and the 1.95 veloci in the rear. Cheers!
    Tuff Schist

  19. #19
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    If you have the fork clearance Sparty likes the Fire FR 2.4 on the front.

    Basically deep open treads work well.
    Yeah! Jeez, I forgot about that tire because it's on my Vulture, which I have not ridden in months. And I have a terrible memory. At least I think I have a terrible memory... I can't remember for sure. But anyway I do prefer fat, low-pressure tires with big, tall knobs in the mud. Front or rear.

    That much I do remember.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  20. #20
    Shamisen Appreciator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    What he said.

    Tires....big (to float) or skinny (to punch)?

    Smudge - Our exchange server went down today.....deatils to follow.
    Hope the information store was backed up proper like. What are you guys doing for IT? Give me a call if you feel the need. It's been a few years but I may be able to help.

    I forgot I even owned some old velociraptors...might have to dig 'em out.
    Sean Chaney :: Owner/Builder :: Vertigo Cycles LLC
    flickr :: www.vertigocycles.com

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: General Coonskins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,019

    New pic's and video of some of our new trails

    Just to get the juices flowing we got a few new pictures and video of a new drop in we put in on some new trails built this year.

    http://www.disciplesofdirt.org/

    Enjoy....
    Just the Pictures

    The Shop


    The Blog

    Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

  22. #22
    High Speed Botanist
    Reputation: lswing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by General Coonskins
    Just to get the juices flowing we got a few new pictures and video of a new drop in we put in on some new trails built this year.

    http://www.disciplesofdirt.org/

    Enjoy....
    Now THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT! Checks in the mail Sparty

  23. #23
    Expert Pushing SSer
    Reputation: Meat Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge
    Hope the information store was backed up proper like. What are you guys doing for IT? Give me a call if you feel the need. It's been a few years but I may be able to help.

    I forgot I even owned some old velociraptors...might have to dig 'em out.
    Smudge,

    Looks like there is a hiatus from about 10 am on Friday till sometime Sunday with emails. Details. I am so low on the totem poll, I receive only personal emails. Oops, did I say that out loud?

    Those tires should work.

    Cheers!
    Tuff Schist

  24. #24
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,781
    Quote Originally Posted by General Coonskins
    Just to get the juices flowing we got a few new pictures and video of a new drop in we put in on some new trails built this year.

    http://www.disciplesofdirt.org/

    Enjoy....
    My juices are flowing!

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MtnBiker1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    79
    There'll be a couple of us from Ryders Bikes in Hillsboro coming down too, pretty pumped to check out some parts of the state that aren't giant mud pits and are actually rideable.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: General Coonskins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,019

    alright!

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker1978
    There'll be a couple of us from Ryders Bikes in Hillsboro coming down too, pretty pumped to check out some parts of the state that aren't giant mud pits and are actually rideable.

    Good to hear more folks are coming down, we road some brand new trail last night and it was awesome.

    Most of the trails had rivers in them last night washing out all the mud, though don't count on there not being any mud The nice thing about this area is we have opened up and we maintain all the trails, plus we are pretty much the only user except for the occasionall horse and hiker, so a the mud in this area is okay to ride.

    see you in a week, rain or shine.....

    Some more pictures, Christa on Fungurl, Justing on Greenway & me on Buttslide....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just the Pictures

    The Shop


    The Blog

    Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

  27. #27
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,781
    Okay, I just bought some fenders and a rain jacket. Getting nervous/excited here...

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudflaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Okay, I just bought some fenders and a rain jacket. Getting nervous/excited here...
    Good call Nat, we started out in a downpour Wed nite, and as the General notes, some of the trails were temporary rivers. Big fun, though! See ya Saturday January 21.

  29. #29
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754

    She's lookin' good, Vern!

    Following the efforts of three hard working trailwork groups yesterday, Whypass is better than ever and ready for ACM2. We just put the finishing touches on a brand new trail plus we've polished Whypass's existing singletrack into some really shiny muck.

    The used schwag pile for the post-ride random drawing is stackin' up and the snack wagon promises to be well stocked. All we need now is for Mutha Naytcha to cooperate, which she ALWAYS does... right?

    Whatever. S'gunna be GOOD!

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5
    I’m really glad I found this thread. I’ve just moved to Portland several months ago and am looking for something other than Forest Park or the roads.

    Would anyone else in Portland be interested in carpooling? I’d have room for two more bikes and people, or if you have room I’d cough up some gas/beer money.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JerryBoneJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    219
    It will be a 2.5 hour drive from PDX. In an hour you could check out the Hood River riding.
    Start off slow & taper off from there.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Paco Finn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    324
    JB,

    Stop sending people here. All of Hood River area trails should be considered CLOSED! Too much abuse when trails are too soft = permanent closure! Everyone just wait a little longer for the cloud bank to begin to move west and trails get a little firmer.

    Later,
    Nate
    Paco the "Flyin' Finn"

  33. #33
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,742

    Good point

    Quote Originally Posted by Paco Finn
    JB,

    Stop sending people here. All of Hood River area trails should be considered CLOSED! Too much abuse when trails are too soft = permanent closure! Everyone just wait a little longer for the cloud bank to begin to move west and trails get a little firmer.

    Later,
    Nate
    I LOVE riding in Hood River but I have not been going to Syncline this winter. Too mucky with the potential for serious long-term damage to the trails.

    Jaybo

  34. #34
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754

    Besides...

    1) Q: How often does the All Comer's Meat happen? A: Once a year.
    2) Q: How often can you ride other trails? A: Whenever you want/it's prudent/they're accessible, etc.
    3) A ride's a ride but an event is an EVENT.
    4) The ACM is worth the 2.5 hour drive. Heck, it's worth a 5 hour drive, which is what it'll be by the time you get home at the end of the day.
    5) Make new friends
    6) Discover a new-to-you place to ride

    'Nuff said.

    --Sparty

    P.S. Don't forget your fenders.
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  35. #35
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBoneJr
    It will be a 2.5 hour drive from PDX. In an hour you could check out the Hood River riding.
    Dallas may be an area closer to Portland for winter riding. Meat Foot should be able to provide the skinny.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  36. #36
    Tree Hugger
    Reputation: Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBoneJr
    It will be a 2.5 hour drive from PDX. In an hour you could check out the Hood River riding.

    Well it's a 4 hour drive from the folks in Washington, but they are coming back again. It'll be 2+ hours for Nat and gang, but they know it'll be worth it. Don't tell me you aren't coming JerryBoneJr. You have talked about coming down to Whypass for a while, so I expect to see you

    to "What The", there are several Portland folk that I expect to come, so maybe they will step forward plan a carppol. Try posting on the thread in the Singlespeed board for the ACM2. They might see that thread first.

    Come one, Come all, it's the All Cummer's meat!!!
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

  37. #37
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,781
    Help me make some equipment choices please:
    -Is the terrain steep or more flattish?
    -29" Nanoraptors or 29" Jones ACX's?
    Last edited by Nat; 01-16-2006 at 07:51 AM.

  38. #38
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754

    It's...

    ...more steep than flat.

    I dunno nuthin' 'bout them tars ya mentioned but wutcha want is tars wit big, deep nobs, widely spaced.

    --Sparty


    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Help me make some equipment choices please:
    -Is the terrain steep or more flattish?
    -29" Nanoraptors or 29" Jones ACX's?
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  39. #39
    Expert Pushing SSer
    Reputation: Meat Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Help me make some equipment choices please:
    -Is the terrain steep or more flattish?
    -29" Nanoraptors or 29" Jones ACX's?
    Hey Nat-
    My guess is the Jones ACX's. Correct me if I am wrong, the Nanos are more of a lightweight fast rolling race tire? I think the knobs are closer and shorter in height. See you at ACM2. EDIT: Just checked their mug shots, looks like the ACXs would work better. Now where is my disclaimer form.....it is standard operating procedure....
    Last edited by Meat Foot; 01-16-2006 at 09:56 AM.
    Tuff Schist

  40. #40
    Expert Pushing SSer
    Reputation: Meat Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Dallas may be an area closer to Portland for winter riding. Meat Foot should be able to provide the skinny.
    Thanks for the shout out Shig. I am doing more with the Cranksters over in Silver Creek Falls and Shellburg Falls. I have been getting more for my money with the trails/time to ride factor interestingly enough. Have not been to Dallas since the cougar sighting(s). See you at ACM2.
    Tuff Schist

  41. #41
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    More steep than flat. Lots of ups and downs. We get around 2500' of climbing in a 12 mile ride. My usual Western Cascades gearing works well.

    The Jones ACX, for sure. I will be riding them, either 26" or 29". The Nanos would not make you happy.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: General Coonskins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,019

    An update

    We got some good trail work done this past Saturday and then a few of us got some good riding in on Sunday.

    All in all the trails are in good shape for this time of year and the rain we have had. Lot's of new singletrack, lot's of old singletrack and plenty of fun.

    Saturday is looking to be a awesone day for riding a bike with a bunch of friends.
    Just the Pictures

    The Shop


    The Blog

    Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

  43. #43
    Expert Pushing SSer
    Reputation: Meat Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,503

    Another piece of advice....

    Shiggy (or anyone else that cares to chime in),

    I have 1.95 velociraptors on my (not that it really matters) rigid steed. Would the 2.4 Panaracer FR up front with a Panaracer Cinder 2.25 out back work better? I was dead set on narrower, but I am getting wishy washy. I know I can leave my mutanoraptor and motoraptor at home, and my Panaracer Fire XC Pros at home too.

    Thanks in advance.
    Tuff Schist

  44. #44
    Known Mountainbiker
    Reputation: cazloco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    874
    I hope this doesn't scare folks away but.......

    The crappiest conditions at WipeAss are the greatest conditions
    The wetter the better.
    Some of the best rides of the summer are rainy Wednesday night rides in the winter.
    Each trail's end is followed by "That's what I'm talking about" -Sparty
    Bring your fenders.


    See ya there

    chris

  45. #45
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    Shiggy (or anyone else that cares to chime in),

    I have 1.95 velociraptors on my (not that it really matters) rigid steed. Would the 2.4 Panaracer FR up front with a Panaracer Cinder 2.25 out back work better? I was dead set on narrower, but I am getting wishy washy. I know I can leave my mutanoraptor and motoraptor at home, and my Panaracer Fire XC Pros at home too.

    Thanks in advance.
    Keep the Velociraptor on the back. The Fire FR would be good on the front.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  46. #46
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,781
    Weekend forecast shows 45F and only a 30% chance of light rain. Okay, I hope so cuz I'm afraid of water...

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: General Coonskins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,019

    Looking good....

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Weekend forecast shows 45F and only a 30% chance of light rain. Okay, I hope so cuz I'm afraid of water...
    I never trust the weather forecast for more than about 2 hours, but in this case it would be nice if they are right.
    Just the Pictures

    The Shop


    The Blog

    Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

  48. #48
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Weekend forecast shows 45F and only a 30% chance of light rain. Okay, I hope so cuz I'm afraid of water...
    The Lorane forecast has been good for more than a week. Very little change in the guesses.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  49. #49
    2012 Race: April 28th!
    Reputation: LemurianGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    871
    I'll be there! I'm finishing up biz Friday in Portland, driving to Eugene Friday nite. Can anyone suggest a cheap motel nearby? Plus I finally got my ss running, this ride is gonna hurt so good!
    www.shastalemurian.com!!

  50. #50
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,781
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The Lorane forecast has been good for more than a week. Very little change in the guesses.
    Cool. Nonetheless, I exchanged my cute, little fender for a BIG, BIG fender today.

  51. #51
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Cool. Nonetheless, I exchanged my cute, little fender for a BIG, BIG fender today.
    Don't worry, there will still be plenty of muck and puddles.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  52. #52
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by LemurianGuy
    I'll be there! I'm finishing up biz Friday in Portland, driving to Eugene Friday nite. Can anyone suggest a cheap motel nearby? Plus I finally got my ss running, this ride is gonna hurt so good!
    The Motel 6s (one in Springfield, the other south of the first 2 Eugene exits) along I-5 may be the easiest.

    Closer to the ride would to find one in Cottage Grove (I do not know what is there). Use mapquest to find the route from Cottage Grove to Lorane. We are meeting at the closed cafe about 1/2 mile north on Territorial Rd.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: General Coonskins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,019

    Cheap, Cheap almost free

    Quote Originally Posted by LemurianGuy
    I'll be there! I'm finishing up biz Friday in Portland, driving to Eugene Friday nite. Can anyone suggest a cheap motel nearby? Plus I finally got my ss running, this ride is gonna hurt so good!
    This one would work fine, http://www.thesurvivalkit.com/courtesyinn.htm

    or

    I might have a bed in our motorhome up for grabs, email me direct if your interested bikinjoe<@>rio<dot>com
    Just the Pictures

    The Shop


    The Blog

    Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

  54. #54
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,742

    Upset Seahawk game is on....big conflict

    I would come down but I have been waiting years for the Seahawks to take flight. My arse will be in an easy chair watching that game. It does sound very fun, though. Why can't I become a typical biker who couldn't care less about team sports. I hear it may not rain....

    Jaybo

  55. #55
    2012 Race: April 28th!
    Reputation: LemurianGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    871
    Thanks Don & Richard, see you Saturday!
    www.shastalemurian.com!!

  56. #56
    Expert Pushing SSer
    Reputation: Meat Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I would come down but I have been waiting years for the Seahawks to take flight. My arse will be in an easy chair watching that game. It does sound very fun, though. Why can't I become a typical biker who couldn't care less about team sports. I hear it may not rain....

    Jaybo
    Set the VCR or PVR up and you are good to go. Refuse to discuss game results with anyone, no radio, and no TV. Now how can you not say ACM2 is the way in the light?
    Tuff Schist

  57. #57
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I would come down but I have been waiting years for the Seahawks to take flight. My arse will be in an easy chair watching that game. It does sound very fun, though. Why can't I become a typical biker who couldn't care less about team sports. I hear it may not rain....

    Jaybo
    You want to watch birds playing in the ocean?

    You were also complaining loudly about it being too wet to ride. It is never too wet at WhyPass.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PinsNeedles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    687

    I'm going fishing...

    Well that's what the sign on my door at work will say...
    I've missed the ACM and BC in the past and it's time to get dirty and social again !
    Hey Nat, what's your plan?
    Jefe'
    ' Bend's dirtiest Acupuncturist '

    bendoregonsinglespeeders

    teamwebcyclery

  59. #59
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754

    Let 'em go

    No need to twist anyone's arm.

    TV vs. bikes... everyone has to decide for themselves.

    Let the people who wanna ride, ride. Those who don't... whatever.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  60. #60
    Expert Pushing SSer
    Reputation: Meat Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    No need to twist anyone's arm.

    TV vs. bikes... everyone has to decide for themselves.

    Let the people who wanna ride, ride. Those who don't... whatever.

    --Sparty
    Speaking of meats, will there be a vegetarian entree option? Thanks.

    P.S. - what sort of donation do you desire for the snack shack?
    Tuff Schist

  61. #61
    Expert Pushing SSer
    Reputation: Meat Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Chips, bear penits, pimento-stuffed olives, plastic donuts, pretzels -- all vegan, eh. And there will no doubt be more for the meat-fearing crowd to devour.

    As for donations, anything from $0 - $1,000,000 will graciously be accepted.

    --Sparty
    mooo-chas graw-see-a$$
    Tuff Schist

  62. #62
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    Speaking of meats, will there be a vegetarian entree option? Thanks.

    P.S. - what sort of donation do you desire for the snack shack?
    Chips, bear penits, pimento-stuffed olives, plastic donuts, pretzels -- all vegan, eh. And there will no doubt be more for the meat-fearing crowd to devour.

    As for donations, anything from $0 - $1,000,000 will graciously be accepted.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  63. #63
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,742

    This isn't any TV

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    No need to twist anyone's arm.

    TV vs. bikes... everyone has to decide for themselves.

    Let the people who wanna ride, ride. Those who don't... whatever.

    --Sparty
    This is the Seahawks vrs. Carolina for the frickin' Superbowl! I have loved the Seahawks since I was a kid. I am the only team sports lovin' guy of any biker I know. By the way, I'm going to ride before the game too. I would like to meet everyone and touch bases. Would be fun to put a face to a name. Tough call. Yes, I do whine about the rain I'm not sure what to say about that...dang, I'm torn.

    Jaybo

  64. #64
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The Superbowl is this Saturday? Ocean raptors and a woman?
    "Nuthin' could be finer than to be in Carolina."

    Hold the seabirds.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  65. #65
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    This is the Seahawks vrs. Carolina for the frickin' Superbowl! I have loved the Seahawks since I was a kid. I am the only team sports lovin' guy of any biker I know. By the way, I'm going to ride before the game too. I would like to meet everyone and touch bases. Would be fun to put a face to a name. Tough call. Yes, I do whine about the rain I'm not sure what to say about that...dang, I'm torn.

    Jaybo
    The Superbowl is this Saturday? Ocean raptors and a woman?
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  66. #66
    High Speed Botanist
    Reputation: lswing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    191

    Ride Saturday, Seachickens Sunday!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    This is the Seahawks vrs. Carolina for the frickin' Superbowl! I have loved the Seahawks since I was a kid. I am the only team sports lovin' guy of any biker I know. By the way, I'm going to ride before the game too. I would like to meet everyone and touch bases. Would be fun to put a face to a name. Tough call. Yes, I do whine about the rain I'm not sure what to say about that...dang, I'm torn.

    Jaybo
    Well, I hate to get in on this, but the game is on Sunday at 3:30 fer cryin' out loud! I too am goin' for the Seachickens, but damned if I don't love to ride my bike and have a timer on my vcr. Yes, no TIVO, all my money goes to the bikes This is the Superbowl of Mtn. Bikin' where's many a contestant faces off against the likes of trails you ain't never laid tread on! Fungirl, Sylvia Bouley, Donsled, Intestinal Tract, and Stay High are just a few of the trails ready to wear ya down and make ya plead for more. Rumor even has it the ol' Yard O' Beef is gonna be at the snak shak. Ya'll come back now, hear!

  67. #67
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,742

    You are right

    Quote Originally Posted by lswing
    Well, I hate to get in on this, but the game is on Sunday at 3:30 fer cryin' out loud! I too am goin' for the Seachickens, but damned if I don't love to ride my bike and have a timer on my vcr. Yes, no TIVO, all my money goes to the bikes This is the Superbowl of Mtn. Bikin' where's many a contestant faces off against the likes of trails you ain't never laid tread on! Fungirl, Sylvia Bouley, Donsled, Intestinal Tract, and Stay High are just a few of the trails ready to wear ya down and make ya plead for more. Rumor even has it the ol' Yard O' Beef is gonna be at the snak shak. Ya'll come back now, hear!
    Yahoo! I'm going to run this by the little lady...and maybe we could both come down for the day. I could dump her tail off in Eugene for some shopping...Hmmm. It would be cool to meet up with the bike geeks. Bikers are typically great souls...at least mountain bikers. Roadies are another question .

    I love to ride but I love to watch football. I'm a balanced soul. Well, that is quite true but I do like my easy chair and that remote

    Jaybo

  68. #68
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,781
    Quote Originally Posted by PinsNeedles
    Well that's what the sign on my door at work will say...
    I've missed the ACM and BC in the past and it's time to get dirty and social again !
    Hey Nat, what's your plan?
    Jefe'
    Hey, kick ass! How about I pick you up in the a.m.?

    Or...since your car is better in the snow with those fancy diamond tires (not to mention faster) you could drive and I'll buy the gas. Either way.
    Last edited by Nat; 01-19-2006 at 10:04 PM.

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PinsNeedles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    687

    Good job! Cool Nat

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Hey, kick ass! How about I pick you up in the a.m.?

    Or...since your car is better in the snow with those fancy diamond tires (not to mention faster) you could drive and I'll buy the gas. Either way.
    Either car is fine with me, I've been looking for an excuse to clean out the Rex and I just put the Yakima back on yesterday...

    I'm stoked to ride, bought the Vulture some Kenda Klaws testerday and will change the freewheel to a 22. I'm going to Webcyclery in the afternoon, do you want to meet there and make plans?

    B.O.S.S. is reborn !
    Can't wait to Boogy with Shiggy and the DoD

    Jefe'
    ' Bend's dirtiest Acupuncturist '

    bendoregonsinglespeeders

    teamwebcyclery

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    672

    Twenty

    Wednesday night's WhyPass session was fun. Nice to be able to catch up with the group and ride. So after I left y'all at the gravel pile, I wanted to do Jiminy Cricket and Albee Darned, since I did some work -- and left some skin and blood there -- on Sunday.

    So I wound up doing Moto Alley, Cellblock, Octopus Stump, Jiminy/Albee, Love Connection to Sneaky Pete, up the road to Boundary, and Northridge/Stay High was so nice, I did it twice. Wound up with 20.25 miles on my odometer! And this is only one day removed from totaling my truck! (By the way, I got a few pics of my late, great truck. I'll post 'em on the DOD egroup site when I transfer 'em from the camera.)

    D@mn, can't wait 'til tomorrow. This ride is costing me 40 bucks, since I'm taking the morning off from the office, and a friend is filling in for me (at $10/hour). But it's gonna be worth it, I guarantee. I got the whole day to play!

  71. #71
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754

    Way to go, Albee

    Quote Originally Posted by Albee
    ...This ride is costing me 40 bucks, since I'm taking the morning off from the office, and a friend is filling in for me (at $10/hour)... I got the whole day to play!
    Albee, you da man. You're possibly the only guy I know who can tell his "boss" he's taking the morning off, then skip the WHOLE day of work, topping your feat off by convincing the buddy who's filling in for you that you only owe him $40 instead of $80 ($10 x 8 hrs. = $80).

    Well, Albee Darned... yer a freakin' magician.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  72. #72
    Tree Hugger
    Reputation: Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,947
    The sun is shining, and it looks like tomorrow will be a beautiful day in the woods. Don't be a fool, come hang with us and be cool.

    Sasquatch, King of the Stoners!
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

  73. #73
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,781
    Quote Originally Posted by PinsNeedles
    Either car is fine with me, I've been looking for an excuse to clean out the Rex and I just put the Yakima back on yesterday...

    I'm stoked to ride, bought the Vulture some Kenda Klaws testerday and will change the freewheel to a 22. I'm going to Webcyclery in the afternoon, do you want to meet there and make plans?

    B.O.S.S. is reborn !
    Can't wait to Boogy with Shiggy and the DoD

    Jefe'
    Do you want to pick me up at 7am? I think 2.5 hours should be plenty of time to make it to Lorane in time to get changed before riding, don't you think?

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: General Coonskins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,019

    Hey Nat

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Do you want to pick me up at 7am? I think 2.5 hours should be plenty of time to make it to Lorane in time to get changed before riding, don't you think?
    It is a solid 1/2 hour from I-5 to Lorane, your best bet is probably going through Creswell from I5, instead of working your way through Eugene.

    Take I5 South to Creswell, about 7 miles, head west through Creswell on the main road, it will turn into Camas Swale (sp?), follow this about 8-9 miles (it turns into Hamm road at the top of the climb), to Territorial Hwy, turn left (south) and 3 miles you will be in Lorane.

    Hope that makes since, feel free to call if it get's confusing, 517-0685.

    Richard
    Just the Pictures

    The Shop


    The Blog

    Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

  75. #75
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    For those traveling here via I-5 this map shows the more direct routes (rather than the directions from West Eugene at the top).

    The green line from Creswell is probably the easiest to follow. Turn right after exiting and continue straight through town. Be aware that Camas Swale/Ham Rd is narrow twisty and steep.

    You can get the turn-by-turn directions for the other route through Cottage Grove if you use MapQuest for directions from Creswell to Lorane.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PinsNeedles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    687

    Good job! Cool Beans

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Do you want to pick me up at 7am? I think 2.5 hours should be plenty of time to make it to Lorane in time to get changed before riding, don't you think?
    I'll pick you up a 7 at your house, can you PM your celly # to me just in case I can't find your street...See you in the morning.
    Jefe'
    ' Bend's dirtiest Acupuncturist '

    bendoregonsinglespeeders

    teamwebcyclery

  77. #77
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,781
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The Lorane forecast has been good for more than a week. Very little change in the guesses.
    Allah the sudden it's gone up to 60% of showers. Nervous!

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: General Coonskins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,019

    Smile Say What,

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Allah the sudden it's gone up to 60% of showers. Nervous!
    Don't go bailing on us know, you're so close, come on give it chance. We will keep you under the trees and you won't get wet, Don't forget that fender.....

    Besides, us Wetsiders wouldn't know what to do if it was sunny.
    Just the Pictures

    The Shop


    The Blog

    Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

  79. #79
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,781
    Quote Originally Posted by General Coonskins
    Don't go bailing on us know, you're so close, come on give it chance. We will keep you under the trees and you won't get wet, Don't forget that fender.....

    Besides, us Wetsiders wouldn't know what to do if it was sunny.
    Oh, I'll be there! I just like to scare myself and get that *tickle* "down there."

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: General Coonskins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Oh, I'll be there! I just like to scare myself and get that *tickle* "down there."

    That did tickle....
    Just the Pictures

    The Shop


    The Blog

    Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: General Coonskins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,019

    I found a good forecast

    Saturday- Lorane, OR
    Partly sunny in the morning...then mostly cloudy. A 20% chance of rain. Highs around 45. South wind 5 to 10 mph.


    Just got to look for the one that makes you happy.
    Just the Pictures

    The Shop


    The Blog

    Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

  82. #82
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,781
    Quote Originally Posted by General Coonskins
    Saturday- Lorane, OR
    Partly sunny in the morning...then mostly cloudy. A 20% chance of rain. Highs around 45. South wind 5 to 10 mph.


    Just got to look for the one that makes you happy.
    Where's that one from, the Disciples of Dirt meteorolgy department? I'm going with this one from now on.

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudflaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by General Coonskins
    Saturday- Lorane, OR
    Partly sunny in the morning...then mostly cloudy. A 20% chance of rain. Highs around 45. South wind 5 to 10 mph.


    Just got to look for the one that makes you happy.
    There's a chance it'll be 80 degrees and sunny, or.....you pick. C'mon 'n ride. Are these trails in existence during the daylight???

  84. #84
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,742

    Embrace the rain like a west side guy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Where's that one from, the Disciples of Dirt meteorolgy department? I'm going with this one from now on.
    I like on the west side and think the rain is like Chinese water torture but if you want to play with the rain dogs, you must become one yourself. Oh, and keep the snow on that side of the mountain.

    Jaybo

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudflaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I like on the west side and think the rain is like Chinese water torture but if you want to play with the rain dogs, you must become one yourself. Oh, and keep the snow on that side of the mountain.

    Jaybo
    Waaaah! Don't be a big wussie. Just come on out and play, or are you so sweet you' re afraid of melting?

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PinsNeedles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    687

    Good job! Thanks DOD !!!

    It was a long day and worth every minute...
    Great people, amazing trails, plenty of mud.
    You guys lived up to your reputation, Thank You !!!
    Now lets see some pictures.
    Jefe'
    BendOregonSingleSpeeders
    Team Webcyclery
    ' Bend's dirtiest Acupuncturist '

    bendoregonsinglespeeders

    teamwebcyclery

  87. #87
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754

    Good job! Thanks, y'all

    To Everyone involved with the All Comer's Meat yesterday,

    Whether you were a rider or ride leader or a vounteer, thank you for making the event tons o' fun. It was great to see old friends again as well as make new ones. According to author Wayne W. Dyer, "Your friends are God's way of apologizing for your relatives." Funny perhaps, but surprisingly true.

    Thank you, friends.

    An unofficial head count put the total group at around 60 peeps. That's pretty big for a sloppy, cold, mid-January group ride. Some riders came from far away... we saw one license plate from Florida, though I'm not sure the Floridian came all the way just to do the ACM. But folks did come all the way from the coast, from Portland, from Bend and from Washington State. Good on y'all!

    Many thanks to our selfless volunteer crew, including Hank Hank for devoting countless hours during the past few months grooming and armoring the trails at Whypass, to Randy and Kraig for spending all day setting up & running the snack station & shuttling gear & whatnot, to our ride leaders for not leaving any bodies behind in the woods, to the many individuals plus Paul's Bicycle Way of Life (Eugene), Willamette Mountain Mercantile (Oakridge) and Cycle-Bi (Eugene) for donating schwag for the post-ride raffle, to everyone who provided grub & brew to stock the snack station. Finally, to those who put money in our tip jar, thank you as well. This goes toward the beer fund. (Don't ask which beer fund. :-> )

    Thanks again y'all! We'll do it again next year!

    --Davey Sprockett, King of the Wild Front Tire
    AKA Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  88. #88
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,781
    Thanks for showing me a good time everyone. I enjoyed it a lot. I can't wait to see the pics!

  89. #89
    gave up SS in 1975
    Reputation: hiawatharider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    74

    ... and if we just ... Soooo enjoyable!

    Wow, gosh, gee, holy poopsters! This was way fun. Thanks for everyone who set up this event. I have done events in the past and know how many hours go into something so casual but fun as this. Having a lot of easy going gung ho for the muck people was wonderful to hang with too. Can't say more for the support given for the ride leaders too. Will make this a regular event for myself. Thanks again Meatfoot for introducing me to such a great group of riders!

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    672
    Great to meat all the folks from the All Comers Meat. Meat Foot, Hiawatharider, Nat, Jefe, it was wonderful getting to know y'all, and to put the faces to the names.(Whew, almost had a typo and wrote "put the feces to the names" -- yuk!)

    Great ride, great folks, great support, and great -- well, pretty decent -- weather, too! We're all waiting on pins and needles (as opposed to PinsNeedles) for pics!!!

  91. #91
    Tree Hugger
    Reputation: Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Thanks for showing me a good time everyone. I enjoyed it a lot. I can't wait to see the pics!

    Great to meet ya Nat, check out the Singlespeed board with a new Sticky set up for ACM2 photos.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudflaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by PinsNeedles
    It was a long day and worth every minute...
    Great people, amazing trails, plenty of mud.
    You guys lived up to your reputation, Thank You !!!
    Now lets see some pictures.
    Jefe'
    BendOregonSingleSpeeders
    Team Webcyclery
    Oh gee Jefe, and all along I thought we had a reputation to live DOWN to. Like when we go down on Fungurl. It was good to meet all you folks. Now it's your turn(s) to throw a party on your trails.

    See you around the next turn. "We're halfway there and it's all down hill from here"

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •