Metalheadbikerider

8 Mile Work Party

NWTA is assisting with a work party on some drainage issues on 8 Mile Trail on Mt. Hood on Oct. 24th. The land manager is very supportive of mountain bikers, so this is a great way to give back. If I remember correctly from a few months back, he drove into Portland to attend an NWTA meeting and ask for our assistance. Here is a link for more details:

http://nw-trail.org/node/1438#comments
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by free-agent
    NWTA is assisting with a work party on some drainage issues on 8 Mile Trail on Mt. Hood on Oct. 24th. The land manager is very supportive of mountain bikers, so this is a great way to give back. If I remember correctly from a few months back, he drove into Portland to attend an NWTA meeting and ask for our assistance. Here is a link for more details:

http://nw-trail.org/node/1438#comments
    Based on the weather we've had (at 400ft), I doubt that a work party will be heading up to FR 44 this weekend (at 4,000ft+).

That said, the land manager in question is a pretty rad dude, and rides a LOT. Lays the wood to the young kids on occasion, on his Ti hardtail.

Metalheadbikerider

Good point Le Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke
    Based on the weather we've had (at 400ft), I doubt that a work party will be heading up to FR 44 this weekend (at 4,000ft+).

That said, the land manager in question is a pretty rad dude, and rides a LOT. Lays the wood to the young kids on occasion, on his Ti hardtail.
    Sleet and snow in HR already huh? Man, that is early. Probably as good idea to contact him first if you plan to head out.
    Thanks.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by free-agent
    Sleet and snow in HR already huh? Man, that is early. Probably as good idea to contact him first if you plan to head out.
    Thanks.
    Yep. Got short but intense blast of snow on Monday morning.

I also heard tell of people riding through 2-3" up on the mountain on Sunday, coming down Lookout Mountain. With the moisture coming in like it has been, I can't imagine that a) any has melted off or b) it's held off in that area.

I'm thinking about doing some work at Post on Saturday morning, though.