troubled economist

3/20 and 3/21/2010 Trail Work Parties: Wilson River, Post Canyon & Sandy Ridge

It's that time of year-- only this year we've been riding the trails pretty much all winter without snow. CAMBA, ODF and NWTA all are hosting work parties this weekend. How about giving back to the trails?

Saturday (3/20) work parties:

-Northwest Trail Alliance: Sandy Ridge- cutting in some new trail, maintenance on Hide & Seek
    http://nw-trail.org/node/2037

-Oregon Department of Forestry: Wilson River Trail- new trail construction
    http://nw-trail.org/node/2060

-CAMBA: Post Canyon- Spaghetti Factory extension
    http://camba.info/index.php?name=New...article&sid=68

Sunday (3/21):

-CAMBA: Post Canyon- Spaghetti Factory extension
    http://camba.info/index.php?name=New...article&sid=68

There is also a planned Forest Park Day of Stewardship work party this weekend, but the Forest Park Conservancy reports that they are at full capacity for this event.

EDIT: (thanks FreeAgent) Although full, cyclists can still show up at the Linnton site to work. The Linnton site is located on HWY 30, just before the Linnton Community Center.
    Last edited by toowacky; 03-19-2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added updated FP info

MattSavage
    good grief... all places I like to ride and would love to help work. Why the overlap? Hmmm... I've already RSVP'd for Sandy, but I bet the WRT crew could use more help...

help me decide!
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

Obviously Single

I suggest WRT ...

Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage
    good grief... all places I like to ride and would love to help work. Why the overlap? Hmmm... I've already RSVP'd for Sandy, but I bet the WRT crew could use more help...

help me decide!
    Hi Matt:

I suggest WRT because the crew will be led by Ryan (from NWTA and the ODF Trail Patrol).

They are meeting at the west end of the Propoganda (Visitor's) Center parking lot at 9:30, I believe. (I'd be there but I'm gonna be in Forest Park.)
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

troubled economist
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage
    good grief... all places I like to ride and would love to help work. Why the overlap? Hmmm... I've already RSVP'd for Sandy, but I bet the WRT crew could use more help...!
    I think the Sandy Ridge work party will have decent turn-out and I'd suggest, as LeeMan has, to perhaps attend the WRT work party.

As to the overlap: The weather's been so mild that Sandy Ridge has been ridden all winter, which wasn't expected. As such, it was decided to take advantage of the weather and schedule another work party on short notice to perform maintenance on the heavily used trail.

Also, the work parties are all geographically spread out, sponsored by different entities, and each area attracts their own set of 'regulars'--there's not really any conspiracy at work. More just the luck of the draw, this time...

There's another work party for Sandy Ridge on April 24th-- if you choose to go to the WRT.

Metalheadbikerider

Forest Park tomorrow....

The overall event is full, but we have permission to have any cyclists show up at the Linnton site to work with us. The Linnton site is located on HWY 30, just before the Linnton Community Center.
    If you plan to attend, please bring your own gloves and pruners as they are at full capacity with tools. We will then hang out at the Lucky Lab NW afterwards.....
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org