mtbr member
    May 2005

2008 Mt Bike Oregon Reg Open

Hi All

I am posting this because a lot of the people that attend MBO are from Oregon and people have asked me to keep them updated. 80% of the people come from Oregon and N. Cali, 10% from Washington and the rest all over the world now.

Wow how time fly’s we just opened registration for the 4th annual Mt Bike Oregon (MBO) for 2008. It was not that long ago we were all hanging out at Green Waters Park and enjoying some sweet single track riding.

I wanted to send you this letter because I truly believe in being open and honest with all of you, I really do feel like MBO is about community, the Mt Bike community getting together and MBO giving back to the Oakridge/Westfir community.

We have a come a long way since only 38 of you joined us in 2005, 2006 maxed out with 300 riders, which caused us to host two MBO’s in 2007. July 07 had 225 riders, while August 07 had 270 riders, which means we were only about 100 people short of a total sell out for both events. This is another major reason we are sending you this letter, we really believe both MBO’s will sell out in 2008 and sell out fast. Since you helped us build MBO we want you to have the first chance to attend in 2008.

Boy how things change in 2005 I could run everyone around in my vans, in 2006 we rented ski resort buses, but resort said gravel roads were just too hard on their buses and they would not rent to us again, so in 2007 we had to buy our own buses and going into 2008 we will likely have to buy more buses.

MBO have gotten great reviews from the riders an amazing 98% of riders say they would attend again and 95% say MBO is a great value for the price. MBO featured riders from 20 states and 5 countries in 2007, many of these riders were people that attended in 2006 and brought back friends and nearly all of our 2005 riders came again in 2007, we can’t thank you enough for your support.

NEW IN 2008
    We will be donating $10 a rider to a local trail maintenance fund.
    Free T-Shirt for everyone from Home Finders Service

While MBO has been a huge success for the riders, the financial end of MBO has not been has successful. MBO now runs on a nearly $100,000 expense budget, and is also in the hole from being way under priced the first two years. Plus remember we give back a lot of money to Oakridge/Westfir area community groups. With gas, food, printing, advertising and other cost rising dramatically and plus the fee we pay to use Green Waters Park doubling in 2008 we need to adjust our price a little for MBO and we hope you understand and will keep supporting MBO and bring more friends in 2007. We still feel this is one of the best value’s around considering all you get for your money.

ALL Middle Fork shuttles sold out in 2007, so sign up early!

Has always please contact me with any questions
    raggy23@yahoo.com

Thanks

Randy

DOD Member
    More info available here.

http://www.mtbikeoregon.com/
    MaxSteel

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxSteel
    More info available here.

http://www.mtbikeoregon.com/
    Gotta love Randy. His intentions are good, but he always forgets a key detail!

Gotta love the Trail Maintenance Fund!
    Does that buy our pitchers, or will we get cash for our efforts?
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

meatier showers
    I'm in! I wouldn't miss a gig as good as MBO.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

MBO was fun

I typically don't like cluster f*ck rides! Too darn many people and not enough riding makes me a sad boy, but the MBO was a great event. The people were great, food was filling, trails were great, and karma was great. I would recommend it wholeheartily!

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Please update the website with 2008 dates
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks for pointing that out.
    I will have the web person take care of that.

MBO will be the 3rd weekend in July and 3rd weekend in August.

Hope to see you there.