meatier showers

1 great day, 3 crummy photos

About 15 of us rode the sick trails of Whypass today. Weather was good (but cold), trails were wet but not too muddy, ambiance was
    transcendental. Our group stuck together early then split apart, came back together until Sasquatch's der hanger burped, agreed to
    regroup later but didn't, ended up trickling back to the gravel pile in random spurts. Finally, to add injury to whatnot, the Lorane General Store
    closed early so we were forced to take a pass on Triple Bypass Burgers and lame bottled beer post-ride. Crud.

Whatever. I intended to take a bunch of photos today but didn't. Here are three... they may be no better than they appear, but the ride was.

^^^ Chappy rips burmy, jumpy, flowy SST Trail

^^^ shiggy nears the northern terminus of Fungurl Trail

^^^ Canada Don tries to hide along the edge of the clearcut -- Donsled Trail

Man, there's good stuff out there at Whypass. We be lucky yokels.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member

indeed

I always come over to the washington and oregon forums when i want good ride pics. I am in pa and gotta say i hate all you people in PNW. whistler, Washington, blackrock....heck even your run of the mill XC looks amazing. Just waiting for a job opening in WA or OR. The "Disciples of Dirt" name even kicks @$$.
    Just some props for you boys out west.
    Chance favors the prepared mind

Known Mountainbiker
    Today was a great day to be on the bikes indeedlely-doodlely. The weather was too good to hit WhyPass and join you fellers and with gas prices down to 2.99 it was well worth the price to drive out to Middle Fork and ride it since we could. I don't think it would of mattered where we ended up, today was just a great day to be riding singletrack in Oregon.

I'm sorry to say that I don't feel sorry for people like defcon4 who have to live vicariously thru our photo threads from back east but if it makes them feel better, I would feel sorry for myself if I still lived back there. Hey defcon4, bring your bike out and we'll give you a tour. Doesn't cost anything*

Caz

* The DOD offers a "guarantee package" for all guided tours. Most of us like darker beers.
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

mtbr member

Nice!

Looks like fun!

I think I'll go ride.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    9AM at LCC parking lot tomorrow Dec 9, for some more fun in the OROR region. We'll go till we hit snow, then descend. Aww, shucks

Flaps

Tree Hugger
    Here's some more crummy pics. Sorry we didn't regrope quite as planned, but it was getting cold, and we wanted to keep moving along. We fixed my bike, with a ZipTie moments after yall took off, and so we would have had to wait awhile for your return. Did you and Don and Zak get lost, or were yall playing with the Family Sorenson out there? We hung out at the gravel pile and feasted on cheese, salami, and brownies, but got cold after awhile and left.

I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cazloco
    Today was a great day to be on the bikes indeedlely-doodlely. The weather was too good to hit WhyPass and join you fellers and with gas prices down to 2.99 it was well worth the price to drive out to Middle Fork and ride it since we could. I don't think it would of mattered where we ended up, today was just a great day to be riding singletrack in Oregon.

I'm sorry to say that I don't feel sorry for people like defcon4 who have to live vicariously thru our photo threads from back east but if it makes them feel better, I would feel sorry for myself if I still lived back there. Hey defcon4, bring your bike out and we'll give you a tour. Doesn't cost anything*

Caz

* The DOD offers a "guarantee package" for all guided tours. Most of us like darker beers.
    where you from back east?

Dark beer and sweeet winter rides complete with ferns and green.....sounds good to me.

PA isnt too bad. WInter makes you appreciate the other seasons. The lack of mountains is what kills me. You guys have it all in Oregon. ocean, rainforest, mountains, and killer trail systems. What more could you want.

Go easy,
    Dan
    Chance favors the prepared mind

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    How did Max manage to do this?
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

This is a 300' long two-log ride complete with a ladder bridge connecting the root ends (the dogs are on the bridge in the background).
    mtbtires.com

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    How did Max manage to do this?

He's got skillz ya know!
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

Known Mountainbiker
    Quote Originally Posted by defcon4
    where you from back east?

Dan
    SE Michigan: Glacier pushes for as far as the eye can see. (flat land)

Caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

mtbr member
    I had trouble getting on the far end (needs a ramp) and Gracie & Cowboy (the dogs) had trouble following me across the bridge in the middle, they were not to sure about the slot's... Bianca runs right across those things now, she was guiding me along.

It's a great log ride, with two spot's to get on. I almost always do the short route, but was feeling pretty good about it that day and went for the full length ride. I think 2morrow and Imaklyde had to use their fine landing skills shortly after getting onto the log Anyone else get across that day?
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

Making fat cool since '71

Whoever built that thing...

Quote Originally Posted by General Coonskins
    I had trouble getting on the far end (needs a ramp) and Gracie & Cowboy (the dogs) had trouble following me across the bridge in the middle, they were not to sure about the slot's... Bianca runs right across those things now, she was guiding me along.

It's a great log ride, with two spot's to get on. I almost always do the short route, but was feeling pretty good about it that day and went for the full length ride. I think 2morrow and Imaklyde had to use their fine landing skills shortly after getting onto the log Anyone else get across that day?
    ...needs a sharp crack in the head. Oh wait, Eric and I built it, nevermind. We "ran out of time" (earlier this year of course) and well, you know how much time I spend at WipeAss in the dry months. The middle ramp is fine, sort of, but you are right we need to build a nice entry on the end. I've got two weeks off for the school break in two weeks so I could be talked into making a ramp on the far end if there is interest. It's only 293.2 feet by the way...

I fell off the far end three times and then made it. The first 50 feet is a beeyatch for me.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Nice Ride?!

Great looking ride. You had nice weather as well. Time for some more trail work parties? Hear that we need to get some more single-track out at the Pass. Let me know when/where and I'll be there.
    Rockless Rockingmore

mtbr member
    "I've got two weeks off for the school break in two weeks so I could be talked into making a ramp on the far end if there is interest"

let's talk, time to put in some new trail
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    ...needs a sharp crack in the head. Oh wait, Eric and I built it, nevermind. We "ran out of time" (earlier this year of course) and well, you know how much time I spend at WipeAss in the dry months. The middle ramp is fine, sort of, but you are right we need to build a nice entry on the end. I've got two weeks off for the school break in two weeks so I could be talked into making a ramp on the far end if there is interest. It's only 293.2 feet by the way...

I fell off the far end three times and then made it. The first 50 feet is a beeyatch for me.

Brock...
    The north end ramp needs another set of rungs. The current spacing is just wade enough for a foot to slip between them.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have some free time too to help out.