mtbr member
    Feb 2007

08 CCP Course / Question

Hey All!
    Any discussions taking place about the Puff course for this year?
    Double Loop? Triple Loop? Single?
    Give up what you know!

Known Mountainbiker
    Depends on what Mother Nature lets us clear. Couple years ago, we had to eliminate the trails at higher elavations due to snow. Last year the blow down was so bad out Winberry Trail that there was no way to clear it before the race started. This year we have blowdown and lots-o-snow so who knows. Vague, I know.

The XMEN have their first meeting tonight so really, nobody knows yet.

http://www.cascadecreampuff.com/

CazX

P.S. Besides, who wants a bunch of yahoos out pre-riding the course for four months?
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

mtbr member
    It will be up in the mountains, with a lot of singletrack, plenty of climbing and plenty of pain and misery to go around.

As Caz put it, Vague, I know. But the snow line is still so low that we have no idea what coditions await us, and probably won't for another couple months or so.
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

mtbr member
    You guys could do about 100 laps at WhyPass.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by General Coonskins
    It will be up in the mountains, with a lot of singletrack, plenty of climbing and plenty of pain and misery to go around.
    Now is not the time to worry about the course...now is the time to build your base and ride your ass off. The xmen and the DOD will make sure that we "Puffers" don't go away at race day saying "man I wish there were more climbing in this years CCP". Get on your horse and ride, ride, and then ride some more. Best of luck with your training. I will be there enjoying the misery with you and others.

BFE

Known Mountainbiker
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan
    You guys could do about 100 laps at WhyPass.
    I believe you just dis'd WhyPass. FYI, it could be done in about 5.4 laps.

Caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    Now is not the time to worry about the course...now is the time to build your base and ride your ass off. The xmen and the DOD will make sure that we "Puffers" don't go away at race day saying "man I wish there were more climbing in this years CCP". Get on your horse and ride, ride, and then ride some more. Best of luck with your training. I will be there enjoying the misery with you and others.

BFE
    I did it last year...I'm taking this summer off to enjoy riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cazloco
    I believe you just dis'd WhyPass. FYI, it could be done in about 5.4 laps.

Caz
    No dis'n here...I really like what you guys have done there.

Making fat cool since '71

It's like work...

Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan
    I did it last year...I'm taking this summer off to enjoy riding.
    I've never raced the 'puff and *never* will (I hope) 'cuz I like riding my bike too much to *have* ride every day (every other day) a certain number of miles. I also like chocolate chip cookies and Skittles, a lot, and hate climbing way too much. Anyway, there is an organized sport or two I used to participate in at a fairly high level and it was like work to get better/progress/get better/whatever. It took the fun out of something(s) I used to get geeked about.

I look to improve and challenge myself in different ways now. I get that aspect of racing (getting the best from one's self, seeing what you are made of: marshmallow cream and fudge here) and support folks in their journey/quest. That is why I *love* to volunteer at things like the 'puff. Watching folks push themselves and find what they thought not possible is awesome! I've done it, seen it, know what it takes. Now I'm on retired.

Brock...

PS: I have a butthole and it doesn't always stink.
    PPS: I have three new chains for the saw and just bought a new bottle of bar oil, the terrahoe is sharp and clean. I'm ready Xboys. Lets move some timber!
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

DOD Member
    I think it would be a hoot to set up a small loop for a criterium, or a pursuit at WP. We could do it completely inside the tree prison and it would be spectator friendly.
    MaxSteel

mtbr member

Aaargh!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxSteel
    I think it would be a hoot to set up a small loop for a criterium, or a pursuit at WP. We could do it completely inside the tree prison and it would be spectator friendly.
    That would presume one could stand to ride the tree prison more than twice in one day. Not this boy, that's a place between the two ends of Whypass in my book. Probably my least fave part of the network.
    Not to question your facts MaxSteel, just a matter of choices.
    How about multiple laps of FunGurl, Jiminy Cricket, etc?

Flaps

DOD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    That would presume one could stand to ride the tree prison more than twice in one day. Not this boy, that's a place between the two ends of Whypass in my book. Probably my least fave part of the network.
    Not to question your facts MaxSteel, just a matter of choices.
    How about multiple laps of FunGurl, Jiminy Cricket, etc?

Flaps

Long laps out of view of any spectators would just be a mtn bike race on some marvelous single track.

The reason for the prison location is so they would be very short laps. Quick laps would be especially useful team relay event, but also the racers would be in view, and within heckling distance a lot of the time. It would cause more congestion on the race course too, which would make it more interesting to the hecklers. I don't know, maybe we could require 12oz of foamy brown liquid on each lap.

Now I'm getting warmed up. Here is the format. Teams of 5. Six lap race. The whole team has to stop at the refreshment stand each lap and one beer has to be consumed. No beer consumption till the last rider from that team is on site. No one can leave the refreshment stand till the bottle has been consumed. If the one or two imbiber(s) can't continue it is ok as the winning team will be tallied when the third rider from the first team crosses the finish line and finishes off the 6pack.

Or something like that.
    MaxSteel

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    OK!!
    you all know how little I post / reply here......

But you have my attention now!! Let's race!! It's only like three miles of trails in there right??
    I pick the beverage of choice,,,,,,,,

Cheers (of course)
    Eric

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pintpedaler
    OK!!
    you all know how little I post / reply here......

But you have my attention now!! Let's race!! It's only like three miles of trails in there right??
    I pick the beverage of choice,,,,,,,,

Cheers (of course)
    Eric
    Three miles?? That's after you've gone round 'n round 'n round a few times. You must have been imbibing some of that foamy brown liquid when you counted.

All that aside, I like Max's format. Kinda like a psycho-cross/MTB/crit race.
    Now the question, who's brewing the liquid? Do I feel a brewfest coming on at Ian's?
    Flaps

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Make it good, and I'm in!

With the team format it requires good riding skills - to execute a pass, decent fitness - 6 laps really isn't that many miles, great drinking skills - getting two 6 packs down to win the race! Now if the beer is a decent one then I'm heading to BeerStein right now to practice. Eric I want you on my team. If we're talking piss beer - Lou is the hands down ringer. Either way I'm in. The second race could feature a tequila shot in the same format - then Timmy is the ringer. The 3rd race would have the be the naked crit part of the event, RIGHT!
    Steve

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhoundmtb
    With the team format it requires good riding skills - to execute a pass, decent fitness - 6 laps really isn't that many miles, great drinking skills - getting two 6 packs down to win the race! Now if the beer is a decent one then I'm heading to BeerStein right now to practice. Eric I want you on my team. If we're talking piss beer - Lou is the hands down ringer. Either way I'm in. The second race could feature a tequila shot in the same format - then Timmy is the ringer. The 3rd race would have the be the naked crit part of the event, RIGHT!
    Steve
    Slow at work today Steve?
    That aside, I talk a better game about tequila than I can drink, remember I like the kind I can sip and enjoy, not slam and burn.

Tim

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread about the CCP course. The X Men met Thursday night to discuss this, and as has been previously mentioned,- - - it depends on what Mother Nature leaves us on the trails under consideration. Last year's course became the old 3-lap version, in part due to a tangle on Winberry Tie that was amazing to see. There were some logs fallen in a switchback section that crossed the trail three times. Rerouting would require USFS agreement, and clearing would probably require explosives, or helicopter lifts. It remains to be seen what is out there this year. Last night's weather will have brought down a new load of snow out there. That always carries with it the possibility of new blowdown. It is for this reason (spring storms) that we haven't tried to get out there yet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Here is the format. Teams of 5. Six lap race. The whole team has to stop at the refreshment stand each lap and one beer has to be consumed. No beer consumption till the last rider from that team is on site. No one can leave the refreshment stand till the bottle has been consumed. If the one or two imbiber(s) can't continue it is ok as the winning team will be tallied when the third rider from the first team crosses the finish line and finishes off the 6pack. Or something like that.
    I'm in! Urine?

And, Mr. Flaps, I LOVE the tree prison. Fun little area. Lots of short ups and downs, and nothing real hairy, unless you feel like getting air on Bingo and getting intimate with a tree. On my first SS ride, I rode around the tree prison for probably a half hour. Great place to get your feet wet on a SS.

Anyway, great idea, Max!

mtbr member

Alcohol Coach

Despite the fact that I was forced to retire from competitive drinking on St. Pats day 1988, I was an Olympic drinker for many years. I will gladly coach. In fact I think it's spring training season. Right now it's time for base drinking, please just get out there and drink everyday. Don't work toward passing out or acting like a fool until about 90 days b4 the race. Then you can start some interval shots of tokillya, during the race the worm must be eaten, so practice w/ chewing the worm. Find a beer of choice and stay with it. Many of the Belgium beers have a higher alcohol content and that will make you stronger come race day, if the Beer being served is PBR. Training on BPR is not recommended since you will not prevail on Race day if the promoters serve something w/ a Kick.
    I can develop a individualized training plan for a reasonable fee. I have spoken with the U of O dance team Captain, They are willing to come to the Race and provide Cheer-leading services also for a reasonable fee, or free beer. Truth be told, I really just want to come out to the race and throw Marshmallows. Bobdontdrink.
    [SIZE="3"]THOSE WHO ARE AWAKE LIVE IN A STATE OF CONSTANT AMAZEMENT[/SIZE]

meatier showers

Jailbreak!!!

I like this idea... wanna be involved, either riding or drinking or spectating or spelunking or speculuming or whatever.

NOTE: "Jailbreak is a PBR-free event."

--Sparty

P.S. Downer cows, please stay home and watch TV in lieu of getting involved & having fun.
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcanride
    Despite the fact that I was forced to retire from competitive drinking on St. Pats day 1988, I was an Olympic drinker for many years. I will gladly coach. In fact I think it's spring training season. Right now it's time for base drinking, please just get out there and drink everyday. Don't work toward passing out or acting like a fool until about 90 days b4 the race. Then you can start some interval shots of tokillya, during the race the worm must be eaten, so practice w/ chewing the worm. Find a beer of choice and stay with it. Many of the Belgium beers have a higher alcohol content and that will make you stronger come race day, if the Beer being served is PBR. Training on BPR is not recommended since you will not prevail on Race day if the promoters serve something w/ a Kick.
    I can develop a individualized training plan for a reasonable fee. I have spoken with the U of O dance team Captain, They are willing to come to the Race and provide Cheer-leading services also for a reasonable fee, or free beer. Truth be told, I really just want to come out to the race and throw Marshmallows. Bobdontdrink.
    Bobby, bobby, bobbbbbyyy, bob, BOB, bOb,
    Congrats on 20 years being alkeyhaul-free. I think that's about the time I met you, no?
    Flaps

Tree Hugger
    Wow, 20 years this monday, that's impressive! We should go out to celebrate, and I'll buy you a beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcanride
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz