mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Orbea Rallon Fork

Hi everyone. I'm looking for some Orbea Rallon info. I know they're not really popular here in the states but my local shop has a 2011 Rallon 30 for sale. It's the only one I've seen in person.

It has a Float R 150 on the front, with the red rebound and blue compression knobs.

All articles and reviews I see on this bike show the fork as a 32 Talas RLC 150.

So, I guess I am asking if I should question the shop on why it has two different forks. However, I am a suspension noobie. From my research I can tell the Talas is a better/more options fork.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sometimes the spec level on a bike can be different depending on which country you buy it in, so what is featured in reviews etc is not always what comes on the bike. Case in point, my XM8 has the same equipment as featured on the Marin website, with Shimano components featuring heavily, but the same bike in the UK has mainly SRAM equipment on it.
    Also, if the fork is a Float R, it won't have a compression knob/adjuster, only rebound. If the blue knob is on the top left of the fork, that is where the air valve is hidden.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    That makes sense. I just want to make sure that they're not pricing it against what it cost new with the Talas, if the bike actually cost hundreds less with the R.

Thanks for the Float R info, I'll either go look at it again or email them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I have a 2011 Orbea Rallon 50 and it too came with the Fox Float R 150 even though the specs on their website has an RL on it. One positive is that the bike was priced quite a bit less and i'm guessing that it's because of the fork. Everything else on the bike is as listed on Orbea's website.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hi guys. I went to the shop today and talked suspension with one of the techs. Yep, it is the 32 Float R 150. Red rebound shock and blue air cap, like you said Kiwi.

Rehuel, thanks for the info. I'm kind of bummed it doesn't have the RLC on it. Even the Rallon 50, the one model below the 30 has the Float RL. The tech did say, however, he could call to get pricing on a drop-in kit for more adjustments. What they are I can't remember. I'm still fork/shock ignorant!