conjoinicorned

why did you forget canada?

well i just about impulse ordered a spec. edition inbred 29 to replace my broken inbred...that is until i put it in the cart and shipping came out to $150 (and UsPS will charge me duty and customs as well...)

all of a sudden a $350 frame isn't such a good deal, suddenly i've almost bought the nimble 9 that i want

why UsPS? no other options?
    Last edited by ferday; 04-23-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    I ordered my Scandal to Canada and they shipped it USPS. I just tried ordering another one a moment ago and it comes up at $71 for shipping USPS priority mail.

In fact that's the only shipping option that the US On One website offers me.

There is no customs charge on a frame from the US. You pay HST whatever that is in your province.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

conjoinicorned
    Whoops USPS
    My cart said $150 shipping for a frame, not gonna happen!

mtbr member
    I tried using a NFLD shipping addy [about as far away as I could get from On One USA] and I got $122 for USPS shipping.

Canfield charges $100 to ship a Nimble 9 frame to Canada. Not sure if they use UPS/Fedex or USPS.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

conjoinicorned
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I tried using a NFLD shipping addy [about as far away as I could get from On One USA] and I got $122 for USPS shipping.

Canfield charges $100 to ship a Nimble 9 frame to Canada. Not sure if they use UPS/Fedex or USPS.
    I know, adding $100 to a frame sucks.

Not complaining for real, just e-complaining....shipping should never be 30% of purchase price!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ferday View Post
    I know, adding $100 to a frame sucks.

Not complaining for real, just e-complaining....shipping should never be 30% of purchase price!
    Easy solution - buy more expensive frames...
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Canadians have to buy from the UK store.
    Shipping is usually very cheap and the prices of the bikes are less than the US store. And they have some crazy sales every so often. Have a Inbred 29er swap out on its way that was about $135.

conjoinicorned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    Canadians have to buy from the UK store.
    Shipping is usually very cheap and the prices of the bikes are less than the US store. And they have some crazy sales every so often. Have a Inbred 29er swap out on its way that was about $135.
    well. not sure why i was so retarded as to not think of that, but dammit you are correct! $100 cheaper for the frame and shipping half price!

thanks man, another example of why i love this site.

mtbr member
    -----
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

conjoinicorned
    well checking right now, it's $680 UK (vs. 799 US) for the frame, and $70 shipping vs $120

not insignificant savings....

mtbr member
    well checking right now, it's $680 UK (vs. 799 US) for the frame, and $70 shipping vs $120

not insignificant savings....
    Agreed. Which is why I checked myself to make sure my previous experience was still accurate and I deleted my post above since the UK site is offering a better price on the Scandal 29er at the moment.

Worth checking both sites though as the UK site may not always be cheaper.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    well i just about impulse ordered a spec. edition inbred 29 to replace my broken inbred
    So whats the story on your broken Inbred? Is there are thread here on it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Agreed. Which is why I checked myself to make sure my previous experience was still accurate and I deleted my post above since the UK site is offering a better price on the Scandal 29er at the moment.

Worth checking both sites though as the UK site may not always be cheaper.

If you feel that our shipping rates are too high, please send an email to; sales (at) TitusTi.com and we will take a look and see if there is a cheaper option available (please include what you are interested in ordering as well as your city and postal code).
    We are constantly trying to update and improve our services and feedback like this is important.
    Thank you

conjoinicorned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    So whats the story on your broken Inbred? Is there are thread here on it?

She's gone :(

No story-just a seriously ridden and much loved bike that met a graceful end....

And Titus-ti, I will send an email, but if I can save over $100 on the frame from the uk then I hope you're willing to deal

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hot damn, my Inbred 29er swap out just arrived. It was part of the inventory sale, it's going to cost me almost as much for the face and chase and headset install as I paid for the frame.
    And even better, no charges from the post office - no customs, taxes, service fees. Last one had $57 taxes and fee.

I'm amazed, it came with geared vertical dropouts, a vertical no derailleur dropout and the horizontal single speed dropouts. I expected to have to order the extras later.