screamer

whippet headtube length

For all you large-size (20") whippet owners out there, I'm wondering how you're finding the headtube length. If the geo tables are correct, all sizes have a 105mm headtube, which seems incredibly short for a frame of this size. I'm on the brink of pulling the trigger on this frame, and this is the only thing holding me back, since I hate having to run a stack of spacers to get the right fit. I'll be switching a fork back & forth between the whippet & my FS frame, which has a 145mm headtube: that'll be a hell of a lot of steerer tube showing.

So... anyone else finding the short headtube an issue, or is everyone just running a whole lot of spacers? (Or a huge seat-to-bars drop?)
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

screamer

hold the presses...

I just saw another geometry chart (Brant posted on Shedfire around Xmas) showing 120mm for HT on the large Whippet/Scandal/Inbred 26ers. I also just measured my large slot DO inbred, and whaddayaknow ... 120mm!
    So can anyone confirm please, HT length on large Whippet: 120mm? That would make me very happy...
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Sorry to necro, but I came across this thread wondering the same thing. I was certain it used to be 120mm...

I emailed on one and they confirmed that the whippet is indeed a 120mm head tube in a large. They haven't changed the geometry, it's just listed incorrectly on the site!