mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Where have all the frames gone???

Is it just me or has any of you wondered why, several On-One frames are sold out...Of course they make nice and cheap frames and are pretty popular, but it doesn't seem that stores are filled up with new stock.

So...... Are they planning new designs (I personaly hope) or is it just to keep an minimum in stock.

Just wondering... ;-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Well, I know the Scandal for instance is discontinued and is being replaced by the Parkwood, and those frames aren't available in size large until next month. I bought the last Scandal from Planet-X USA last month. The Codeine replaced the El Guappo. I'm sure there are several other examples. The early Codeines were temporarily pulled from the website for quality control checks (I read something about rear axle alignment, IIRC). I think the Lurcher is being phased out, I read a lot of complaints about press-fit BB issues (poor interference fit and creaking).

Overall, there seems to be a lot of reasons for poor inventory. I think their frames offer excellent value when they are executed properly, which is probably another reason they sell out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I own a Lurcher my self and regarding the BB92 issue, I haven't had any problems what so ever on my two Lurcher frames. It's down to the BB brand and not the frame... well that's my experience anyways. I agree that pushing the BB shells into the frame with my bare hands was a bit weird... But no problems at all (210lb rider).

I'm hoping to see a more slackish (69-70) and shorter chain stay XC 29er from their designers. Mabey 2015 will give me/us the answer ;-) Anyways the Lurcher set up right is still loads of fun.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    The Lurcher frame is now removed from the On-One site and no backorder info. Can one hope that a new frame kit is on it's way ? ;-)

Fingers Xd

I like beer.
    Jul 2010
    call or email planet x USA..... i got a really quick email response from vince and brandon.

solid customer service. my codeine is currently being shipped from accross the pond, but thats okay cause i dont have any other parts for the build currently...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Oh but i'm in no need of a new Lurcher frame. She's up and running ;-) Just startet to put two and two together since the frame stock (in the UK) hit zero and then the frame was removed from the site.

But thx ;-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorjensen View Post
    I own a Lurcher my self and regarding the BB92 issue, I haven't had any problems what so ever on my two Lurcher frames. It's down to the BB brand and not the frame... well that's my experience anyways. I agree that pushing the BB shells into the frame with my bare hands was a bit weird... But no problems at all (210lb rider).

I'm hoping to see a more slackish (69-70) and shorter chain stay XC 29er from their designers. Mabey 2015 will give me/us the answer ;-) Anyways the Lurcher set up right is still loads of fun.
    If anyone read this from On-One, some ideas from my side
    +1 external cable guide for dropper post AND one additional hole for supporting 'stealth' dropper posts
    consider switching back to threaded BB instead of pressfit, or if not, support BB30 instead of BB92 (we would have the chance to use adapters to the most of the standards)
    + non-plus-ultra for a really future-proof frame: support new XTR sidewing front derailleur and electric rear derailleur, forming and drilling out a hole in the chainstay
    ___
    2012 On-One Inbred 29er (custom ht w/2x10, trail, fun & race bike)
    2013 On-One Lurcher Carbon SS (in progress)

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Planet X USA rarely has a lot of stock of frames, so it doesn't surprise me. I had to get them to import my Whippet frame from Planet X UK a few years ago. They make really nice frames, but many times they are limited editions, or just made in very small quantities.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post
    Well, I know the Scandal for instance is discontinued and is being replaced by the Parkwood, and those frames aren't available in size large until next month. I bought the last Scandal from Planet-X USA last month. The Codeine replaced the El Guappo. I'm sure there are several other examples. The early Codeines were temporarily pulled from the website for quality control checks (I read something about rear axle alignment, IIRC). I think the Lurcher is being phased out, I read a lot of complaints about press-fit BB issues (poor interference fit and creaking).

Overall, there seems to be a lot of reasons for poor inventory. I think their frames offer excellent value when they are executed properly, which is probably another reason they sell out.
    The Scandal was replaced by the much uglier Lurcher. These 2 have the exact same geometry. The Lurcher being probably one of the heaviest XC Carbon frames out there, and only a tad lighter and more expensive than the Scandal. When my scandal breaks, I'd have definitely bought another, but I'd rather buy a Chinese carbon frame than a Lurcher.

The Parkwood is a much different beast altogether - longer forks, shorter chainstays, slacker HTA.
    Lapierre XR29ei, Chris King LB Carbon, Sram X0
    On-One Scandal 29er SS