mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Whats going to replace the discontinued 29er Scandal?

With the Scandal 29er going the way of the Dinosaur what is going to replace it in the On One line up? Im looking forward to 100mm fork corrected version. I really don't want to loose another well priced XC race style frame for another "look at me" short stay super slack all mountain hard tail. They have there place but so does quick handling Scandal/Lurcher geometry. I was disappointed when the 29er inbred went slacker.

So, any insight on what is going to replace the Sandal and when will it be out?

While I'm asking about future On One products are there any place for a single speed 456 ti or 45650B Ti single speed?
    Chris King Cielo
    Vassago Optimus Ti (2013)
    Vassago VerHauen 2nd Gen
    Ragley TD:1

Just Ride!
    I question why it has to go away or be replaced? Mine seems equally efficient with a 100mm SID or the 470 monocoque that I switch back and forth from. It seems that On-One pretty much sells all that they make and people constantly ask me what it is, and when they find out the price, where they can get one. I say, just keep making steel Inbreds and aluminum Scandals, because there will always be a market for traditional 29er hardtails... they are just that good!

Since I purchased a V2 Scandal and see a few things that are lacking, I would just recommend a V3. Please put the rack mounts of the V1 back on and 2 sets of bottle mounts, if not 3 on it. While you are at it, redesign the horizontal Swapouts with a threaded tensioner bolt that comes in from the font to push the axle back. And is it too much to ask that it be backwards compatible to a V2?

I guess I am just an old guy that loves me some Dinosaur!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I'm not saying that I want it to go away or change. I'm saying that there is a good chance it is going away soon. I love my Scandal and Lurcher. I have a very good "feeling" that the Scandal is gone very soon.
    Last edited by Click Click Boom; 01-24-2014 at 02:22 PM.
    Chris King Cielo
    Vassago Optimus Ti (2013)
    Vassago VerHauen 2nd Gen
    Ragley TD:1