Vik's Scandal 29er Build...
I've been wanting to try a 29er MTB to go with my Santa Cruz Nomad 26er. I decided on a 29er hardtail to get something different that made the most of the bigger wheels while being light on the climbs and my wallet...;)
Looking around the On One Scandal caught my eye because:
- it's light
- it's affordable
- has lots of tire clearance
- XC geometry
- looks pretty
- comes with swapout dropouts so I can run an IGH without a tensioner
- 31.8mm dropper steapost compatible
- tapered headtube so I can mess with the headtube angle if I want to
The folks at the On One US store were easy to deal with and accommodated several order changes on my part as I pondered the perfect size and colour!!!...:rolleyes:
The frame arrived quickly from the US and was packed very well.
My initial impressions are:
- very light
- well designed and constructed
- sweet finish
What really matters is how it rides and how it fits, but my LBS is having some issues getting in a couple parts I need so I expect a slow build...:eek::skep:
I'll update this thread with better quality bike porn as time allows and as parts arrive.