mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Swap outs vs vertical

Any problems with swap outs on inbred frames? Thinking about an inbred and I'd prefer vertical, but swap outs are cheaper.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Shouldn't be so. See the UK On-One website. The vertical dropout frame sells for $230 and the swap-out version for $330.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    On the us site, the 2011 swap outs are cheaper than the 2012 verticals....with the discount, of course.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Looks like the same price to me >>> shop.titusti.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FROOIN29V3

IMO, there is nothing wrong with the swap out frame. They are just selling it out. As far as understand their product strategy, they came to the conclusion that they will be better off w/out the swap out option in their portfolio, as the swap outs made the frame more expensive.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the insight. They were (are maybe?) running a promotion for 25% off their 2011 models. The swapout frame is a 2011. I like the blue, ISCG, and vertical more (and I only run 1 water bottle) but honestly if the swapouts are foolproof then I'm cool with that....I've just never read anything about them, so I didn't know.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

mtbr member
    The Swapouts are pretty much bombproof.

I have a Whippet and a frame with the DMR Swapouts, as long you don't do anything stupid like using alu chainring bolts they're plenty strong.