Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Shopping experience with On One's US store?

Hey folks, I just ordered an Inbred from On One's US site (shop.titusti.com) and was wondering how everyone's experience with them was.

Though the website had my desired frame available in the drop down menu and stated that the frame typically ships in 1-2 weeks, I have a sneaking suspicion that the frame may not be in stock. I'm completely sure that everything's straight up, I was just wondering how long a wait I may be looking at is the frame is indeed out of stock.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The On One guys/gal have always given me great customer service. They are very conscientious and will call or email if something is not available (usually this is accurately reflected on the website). I believe they also get shipments from the UK on a semi-regular basis, so things come back into stock, and they can sometimes bring over an item that is stocked in the UK and not normally a part of the inventory in Portland. My experience has been really positive with them.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I ordered a 456 from them and everything went well.

I would order again for sure.

I've called to ask questions and they are very helpful.
    2009 Intense Tracer VP / On-One 456 / '99 Homegrown Factory

Gold Member
    I've written them a few times with questions and called them once, both times they've been really helpful. Haven't bought anything yet, but that's coming...
    CyclingCentralVa.org
    Shop Hand
    On-One Lurcher
    Salsa El Mariachi
    SC TBc
    Kona JTS
    RM RMX
    LOOK675

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have called them a few times and ordered from them a couple. They were very helpful every time.

On one(no pun intended) of the calls to them, one of the employees gave me the wrong info about headtube size. He called me minutes later to tell me about his mistake so that I wouldn't go crazy finding the correct headset.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I've ordered on one parts and frames from both the UK and US. I suppose I don't have any complaints about customer service, and actually I find their inexpensive parts to be of much better quality than expected (shh, don't tell them!) So far I've ordered 3 frames, all from the UK. It was cheaper to pay the shipping from the UK than the frame price and shipping from Portland each time. Titus has small parts on sale moreso than in the UK so I get those.

Gold Member
    PS: I just ordered from Titus (US store) and Patrick was nothing shy of great at answering questions, etc. Can't wait until the Lurcher & fork arrives!
    CyclingCentralVa.org
    Shop Hand
    On-One Lurcher
    Salsa El Mariachi
    SC TBc
    Kona JTS
    RM RMX
    LOOK675

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I absolutely love my Lurcher and rigid monocoque fork. What a great bike. You will probably feel the same about yours when you get it up and running.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I love my Lurcher and monocoque fork. What a great bike. You will probably feel the same about yours when you get it up and running!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I too had a great experience from the US store.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Sorry for the double post.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    i've placed many orders and sent many an e mail and have nothing but good experiences

mtbr member
    I had a great experience buying my 456 evo from them...unfortunately, now I have to sell it. I'd definitely buy from these guys again.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Overall I had a good experience ordering from the US store. About a week after I ordered my new Inbred 29er with Vertical dropouts in August, I noticed it still hadn't shipped. I called them and had to leave a voice mail. Not more than a few hours later, I received a return call from them. They said very apologetically that they had to wait for the frame to get in from the UK and that it would be sent out in the next 3 days. Sure enough in 2 days in was out for shipment. Luckily I wasn't in a hurry to get the frame so I was ok waiting. I absolutely love the frame. I'd definitely do business with the US store again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffany's pigeons View Post
    Hey folks, I just ordered an Inbred from On One's US site (shop.titusti.com) and was wondering how everyone's experience with them was.
    I ordered a Scadal 29er from the US store. It arrived in a few days as ordered. I emailed with the guys at On One USA a few times to discuss the order and they were helpful.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Re: Shopping experience with On One's US store?

Great to hear this! I'm planning on purchasing an inbred in the coming weeks!
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Those that have ordered frames, are they comming ready to build or did you need to prep?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I was expecting that my 29 Scandal frame would need to be faced but it arrived ready to be built.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    frames arrive ready to build, mine didn't need any prep

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I'm a cheapskate, so I skipped the frame prep. The BB threaded on just fine without chasing. My finely calibrated Mark I EYEBALL measuring device thought the HT looked good enough without facing. Headset went in just fine. So far, so good.
    Surly Cross Check: fat tire roadie
    Surly LHT: Kid hauler
    On One Inbred: SS 26er

mtbr member
    Well, the website originally said it'll be 1-2 week wait. It's now 2 weeks and still no frame.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by tiffany's pigeons View Post
    Well, the website originally said it'll be 1-2 week wait. It's now 2 weeks and still no frame.
    Give them a call and ask them what's happening. 503.477.6182 830am-5pm Mon-Fri [Pacific].
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Give them a call and ask them what's happening.
    I just left a message...

While I'm waiting for the frame, does anyone know how big a tire I can squeeze into the rear triangle (it's a 26" steel Inbred)?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LowOnO2 View Post
    I was expecting that my 29 Scandal frame would need to be faced but it arrived ready to be built.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mama View Post
    frames arrive ready to build, mine didn't need any prep
    Quote Originally Posted by bolandjd View Post
    I'm a cheapskate, so I skipped the frame prep.
    Not a big deal either way, just curious. Guess I'll find out, if I place an order. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast