Special Purpose
    Oct 2009

Shipping time from UK to US?

Ordered up a 456 Evo frame from the UK site and now I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival...

Anyone care to share how long it took for their stuff to come to the colonies?

Huh? Huh?

How 'bout now?

Huh?

mtbr member
    Upto X2 weeks approx worst case 3 weeks.

mtbr member
    I sent them an e-mail inquiring about just this last week. The reply was that it takes up to 21 WORKING days to ship to the States. Needless to say, I am still waiting....
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Wow, shipping to Canada seems to take a bit less than a full week.
    Same distance.

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Ordered an Inbred on 11/11 and post office made first attempt on 11/27...I picked it up 11/28. This included a delay while they pulled it from one UK warehouse to another and then shipped.
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    I sent them an e-mail inquiring about just this last week. The reply was that it takes up to 21 WORKING days to ship to the States. Needless to say, I am still waiting....
    I used to live in Chicago, its about right. Depending on where you live and the amount of flights into your locality. Depends on the seller. Wiggle are super quick or even Chainreactioncycles but there are others who are slow and logistics are poor. Thus 5 days to process, thereon a further week or so to get to your specific locality in the USA...

Show patience to the Brits, the service is not often as good as the USA but far better than the poor service and SLOW often service in Suisse. Twice ordered stuff that arrived 6 weeks later, once after 8 weeks I called and said where is it. They said not there yet. One other time bits were missing. Its extraordinary. So please feel lucky. Check out reviews and read T&Cs often state delivery times.

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Seeems like the average is 2-3 weeks which, for the bargain prices, seems reasonable for a large item coming from Europe. I'm sure they could get them here faster, but it would cost more and that would of course be reflected in the overall cost.

Price, Convenience, Quality....pick two. I'll take Price and Quality and gladly wait a few extra days for the frame.

Special Purpose
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kkjellquist View Post
    Seeems like the average is 2-3 weeks which, for the bargain prices, seems reasonable for a large item coming from Europe. I'm sure they could get them here faster, but it would cost more and that would of course be reflected in the overall cost.

Price, Convenience, Quality....pick two. I'll take Price and Quality and gladly wait a few extra days for the frame.
    Agreed. The price from the UK store was great, even with shipping. I picked up a couple of other items and included a headset install that was also well priced. Considering the deal, I don't mind waiting. Well, I don't like waiting, but I can tolerate it at least.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get hit with customs.

This will be my first build, I've always bought completes in the past. Really looking forward to it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    There is also the option of purchasing from our US warehouse in Portland, OR - not having to wait if we have it in stock (other than typical courier time) and if we don't have it in stock, we generally get it within a week. You then don't have to worry about the duty/customs charges and if you have any issues, have a domestic point of contact.
    shop (dot) titusti (dot) com

Special Purpose
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus/On One USA View Post
    There is also the option of purchasing from our US warehouse in Portland, OR - not having to wait if we have it in stock (other than typical courier time) and if we don't have it in stock, we generally get it within a week. You then don't have to worry about the duty/customs charges and if you have any issues, have a domestic point of contact.

I saw that, but when I ordered the other day there were no 456 evos listed on your site. At least none that I could see, as your site and my iPad don't seem to play very well together.

Next time I'll order from you.
    Last edited by 309; 11-29-2012 at 11:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 309 View Post
    I saw that, but when I ordered the other day there were no 456 evos listed on your site. At least none that I could see, as your site and my iPad don't seem to play very well together.

Also, respectfully, now that i do see it, that frame is priced much higher on your site even with shipping. I imagine I'll still pay less even if I get dinged for customs.

I am a business owner myself. I do what I can to support American businesses, but that price difference is just too much.
    We try to ensure that our prices and the prices in the UK are extremely close.
    I will check the 456 EVO and try make sure that ours is in-line.
    Thanks for the note and let me know if you need other items.

Special Purpose
    Oct 2009
    Edit:

After looking back at my order, I paid more for the frame from the UK than I would have from Portland. I apologize to Planet X USA, as apparently I'm some sort of idiot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
    Depends on the seller.
    I got the up to 21 days from On One.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 309 View Post
    Edit:

After looking back at my order, I paid more for the frame from the UK than I would have from Portland. I apologize to Planet X USA, as apparently I'm some sort of idiot.
    You have big kahuna's to admit that and a better man than most! You are a good person from the sound of it and have made a slight miscalculation.

Funny thought many American buy from Germany. I buy from the UK as I once lived there & bikes are cheaper or components. However, I find better priced things in Germany. I do like American prices but as I live in Suisse the shipping is badly over-priced!

Good luck & enjoy your ride.

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Did y'all ad the FedEx Home Delivery option recently? I just checked and it would have been cheaper from the US store as of today. When I checked a few weeks ago the only options were $80+ for shipping.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kkjellquist View Post
    Did y'all ad the FedEx Home Delivery option recently? I just checked and it would have been cheaper from the US store as of today. When I checked a few weeks ago the only options were $80+ for shipping.

There was a glitch in the system calculating freight from the Portland location via Fed-Ex home delivery. It has been fixed. Sorry to anybody that had that issue.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Is the US store able to order the 456 EVO as a complete bike, or is just the frame only available.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by csmoot26 View Post
    Is the US store able to order the 456 EVO as a complete bike, or is just the frame only available.
    At this point only the frame is available. We are working on some build kits so that we can offer complete bikes but the 456 EVO isn't going to be the first one unfortunately. (Lurcher completes are coming in and build kits for Inbred 29ers, and a few road models are imminent).

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    At this point only the frame is available. We are working on some build kits so that we can offer complete bikes but the 456 EVO isn't going to be the first one unfortunately. (Lurcher completes are coming in and build kits for Inbred 29ers, and a few road models are imminent).
    What's the inbred 29er kit like?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    What's the inbred 29er kit like?
    Inbred 29er is an X-5 kit.
    It can been seen here:
    On-One Inbred X5 29er Bike

We will have them on our website shortly.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Inbred 29er is an X-5 kit.
    It can been seen here:
    On-One Inbred X5 29er Bike

We will have them on our website shortly.
    Interesting, what's your pricing like. Any single speeds builds?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Interesting, what's your pricing like. Any single speeds builds?
    Pricing has not been determined yet but they wil be available on here as soon as it is determined and we can get them loaded up:
    Complete Bikes

No single speed builds at the current time.

Special Purpose
    Oct 2009
    So back on topic...

Frame arrived today, 8 days after I ordered it.

Not bad at all, especially considering they installed the headset for me as well.

Frame looks great. I managed to score a like new 2009 Pike fork to go with it. Both arrived at the same time. Also scored a deal on some Stans Flow wheels. The frame, fork and wheels are a nice start.

I don't have any of the other parts yet, but everything has been ordered. Can't wait to build it up.