mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Shipping problems from UK to Canada?

HI,

I was thinking of placing an On One order, and see that they ship TNT. I usually do a little research on shipping companies to find out whether or not I will be on the hook for outrageously high brokerage fees, etc.

Found some not so good complaint about TNT. Things like big brokerage bills showing up weeks after the package had been delivered, etc.

Has anyone had any issues like that? Specifically to Canda?

Thanks,
    Chris

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    TNT hands off to Canada Post. You will never even know that they were involved.
    Canada Post will collect the taxes and charge you the 9.50 collection fee. Mailman will show up at your door with a big box. I've ordered way too much from the OnOne UK and it's worked that way every time. Even got away without taxes a time or two.

If you are ordering an Inbred make sure you order the seat clamp at the same time, the 29.8 clamp is a bit hard to find. I always get a headset with installation as well since it's much cheaper than getting the bike shop to do it.
    And you can't beat their price for pedals at the same time. Good time to try one of their alt bars too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just had a 456c delivered to my door in Canada Ontario no problems
    No duty but had to pay HST

mtbr member
    I got an inbred frame a few months ago with no real problems.

BUT they'd labeled the customs declaration as "auto parts" so I think I got dinged more for duty than I probably should have. If I were to order again I'd specifically request that they label it properly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks for the excellent info guys. Much appreciated!