mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Set back seatpost on Inbred 29er: why?

I see many of those, and I wonder what's the deal here?

conjoinicorned
    Why not? Setback posts are common to dial in a cockpit, and AFAIK the stock inbred post is a setback (I'm too lazy to go check mine) so I imagine a lot of people are using that one. I just went to a non-setback and moved my seat back on the rails.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sea monster View Post
    I see many of those, and I wonder what's the deal here?
    You should be adjusting your saddle relative to the BB as the #1 setup item and then working from there on bars/stem to get the TT you need.

A setback post allows a more rearward saddle position than a post that's not setback.

Whether or not you need a setback post is not something anyone else can determine online.

The seatpost on my Scandal 29er [same geo as Inbred 29er] is a non-setback unit.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

PRETENDURO
    I’m tempted to use a setback seatpost on my Inbred 29er… but after having raced it in a CX race a couple weekends ago with a standard seatpost, I am going to hold off. I’ll be racing it again in a few days (Saturday the 7th) and will re-evaluate then.

If I were riding more technical terrain I’d probably put it on there though. For getting the “attack position” just right it seems easier to manage the front/back balance with the straight seat tube. Your mileage may vary.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.