mtbr member

Scandal and Inbred tire clearance

I asked a couple questions via the On One USA help line and got a response that Michael is out of the office for several days. I'm antsy about deciding on a new frame so I'll ask here...

For the 26er versions of the Inbred and Scandal, is the tire clearance the same? Will they clear a 2.35 Nevegal or 2.5 Conti Diesel, for instance? I'm liking the idea of the lightweight Scandal, especially since I've read that the ride quality is very similar to the Inbred. But less tire clearance would be a deal breaker as I need to run big meat on the snow in the winter.

Also, I see that they are out of the singlespeed swapouts....can anyone (Shiggy?) tell me when they might get some more in stock? Or maybe it's UK sourced item at this point?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have 2.35 Nevegals on my 26er slot Inbred. There is just enough room to slide a pencil between the chainstay and the tire.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Sorry Dire Wolf I think I got the last set of swapouts!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies. Would love to hear about Scandal clearance too. Put those swaps to good use scrub! There's got to be more SS swapouts, at least I hope. Lots of their frames use them.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Would love to hear about Scandal clearance too. Put those swaps to good use scrub! There's got to be more SS swapouts, at least I hope. Lots of their frames use them.
    I have not fit a tire in the 26" Scandal. The 29" version has the same tire clearance as the Inbred 29.

The Inbred 26 Swapout frame has plenty of room for big tires.

We have SS Swapouts on order.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Thanks Shiggy.

Since originally posting I've seen on the UK site that the 26" Scandal will just about fit a 2.3 while the Inbred will just about fit a 2.5. Clarification would be great.

When do you think the SS Swapouts will be in? I'd rather place one order and pay shipping once. On the other hand, how is your stock of 18" Inbreds and Scandals? Really hate to miss the sale pricing....

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
    Thanks Shiggy.

Since originally posting I've seen on the UK site that the 26" Scandal will just about fit a 2.3 while the Inbred will just about fit a 2.5. Clarification would be great.

When do you think the SS Swapouts will be in? I'd rather place one order and pay shipping once. On the other hand, how is your stock of 18" Inbreds and Scandals? Really hate to miss the sale pricing....
    We have more Inbreds than Scandals. Can not say for how long.

SS Swapouts are on order.

Remember that the 26" Scandals we have are vertical dropout frames, not Swapout frames.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common