Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Orthodox Veloist
    Reputation: pedalwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    134

    pre-order a fatty?

    Saw that the pre-order form went up for the Fatty. Anyone else curious about this bike?




    On-One Fatty

  2. #2
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,145
    The US stock will arrive about the same time as the UK bikes. US pre-orders coming.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,316
    Thinking about one but I asked how the pre-order works. Your credit card is charged when you place the pre-order and not when shipped. So it's pre-order and pre-pay by a couple of months, assuming they ship on time.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fer83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalwrench View Post
    Saw that the pre-order form went up for the Fatty. Anyone else curious about this bike?




    On-One Fatty
    yes I am! It will be nice to have the geo explained... and some spec details need to be cleared (like the ability to run a small ring in the stock crankset)

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,332
    I want 1, sadly lack of cash means I'm stuck till Jan area so no pre order for me.

    She looks great, except the terrible ball aching seat position ofcourse.

    I'd like to run a 26 on the front to, but I guess it's a middle ring and the 26T granny won't fit as it's a granny and so guessing thats actually the smallest a granny ring position the chain would likely hit the tyre.

    10speed so does leave it open for a 40T rear X1 cassette, but likely set you back 100+ for 4 extra cogs.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    57
    I was wondering about the Fatty too. I don't quite feel comfortable throwing down that much cash for a pre-order. I'm going to wait for some reviews and then decide on "the fatbike for me." I'm guessing it'll be the Fatty since it's supposed to be more trail oriented geometry. I hope there will be enough around that I can see/ride one in a couple months, but I fear there won't be.

    Shiggy, do you have any idea how many they're churning out right away? Is there any chance I'll be able to put my hands on one anytime soon before dropping $1500? That's a lot of money to give away without testing, or even seeing, the product I'm buying...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,332
    My ownly concern is how slow it's going to role, okay I'm guessing it's not going to be a group ride bike unless there terrain is very sandy / muddy / snow, I've only seen 1 fatty on a beach and a 1/2 fatty in the forest which left me for dead in some serious slime.

    That being said, wish I had 1000 free I'd be counting the days down you can always sell it on Ebay or something.

    Would a 29" rear wheel +2.4 tyre fit and work out comparable size wise ? for higher speed summer useage, ofcourse where to get a 29" wheel with that over sized hub, have to DIY I guess!!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by firstRWD View Post
    Ido you have any idea how many they're churning out right away?.
    I went to Rotherham yesterday and rode the Fatty. It was lighter and faster rolling than I expected. Felt a bit like a BMXer. I reckon i'll be able to keep up round Sherwood or Dalby on it. I pre-ordered on the spot.

    They are making 200 all up. Two runs of 100. 50 are already sold.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,332
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDee View Post
    I went to Rotherham yesterday and rode the Fatty. It was lighter and faster rolling than I expected. Felt a bit like a BMXer. I reckon i'll be able to keep up round Sherwood or Dalby on it. I pre-ordered on the spot.

    They are making 200 all up. Two runs of 100. 50 are already sold.
    Faster rolling sounds good to me, a upscaled BMX, much like how my rigid 456 felt but with more squish no doubt.

    Only 200 ever ever then ?? better get making some money ASAP then.


    I like the idea of the 29er with 3" tyres better for around here but more money and import costs no doubt.

    Will the be selling the wheels / Tyres and Fork seperately ?? might go 1/2 fat 1/2 29er!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Turveyd View Post
    Only 200 ever ever then ?? better get making some money ASAP then.

    I like the idea of the 29er with 3" tyres better for around here but more money and import costs no doubt.

    Will the be selling the wheels / Tyres and Fork seperately ?? might go 1/2 fat 1/2 29er!
    Only 200 ever was the factory line. But I can't see, if they sell them all, why they wouldn't make another model or more of this one. Maybe only 200 of the Mk 1 ?

    I'm in the USA next month, so I figured I'd buy a fat bike out there, but there was nothing to touch the On-One on price. Which is I why I went down to check out it wasn't shonky crap - it isn't. The only thing about it I'm suspicious of is the forks - they don't look burly enough for the bike - weld marks always look weak to me, and it's a long time since I rode a rigid fork. But there's quite a bit of cushion in the tyre so they won't be taking hits like a old-school rigid fork. But On-One reckon they did a lot of work on them and they do seem to know what they are doing.

    I love the one piece top-tube/seat-stay design.

    It's a shame the production rims aren't pouched/drilled. Cause it looks cool - with solid rims I think it'll look a tiny bit less out there.

    Now I just can't wait for delivery - I have few virtues, patience definitely ain't one of them.

  11. #11
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,145
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDee View Post
    Only 200 ever was the factory line. But I can't see, if they sell them all, why they wouldn't make another model or more of this one. Maybe only 200 of the Mk 1 ?

    I'm in the USA next month, so I figured I'd buy a fat bike out there, but there was nothing to touch the On-One on price. Which is I why I went down to check out it wasn't shonky crap - it isn't. The only thing about it I'm suspicious of is the forks - they don't look burly enough for the bike - weld marks always look weak to me, and it's a long time since I rode a rigid fork. But there's quite a bit of cushion in the tyre so they won't be taking hits like a old-school rigid fork. But On-One reckon they did a lot of work on them and they do seem to know what they are doing.

    I love the one piece top-tube/seat-stay design.

    It's a shame the production rims aren't pouched/drilled. Cause it looks cool - with solid rims I think it'll look a tiny bit less out there.

    Now I just can't wait for delivery - I have few virtues, patience definitely ain't one of them.
    hmmm...Earlier Brant said the production run was going to be for 500 bikes.

    Drilled rims cost more. Many people have drilled their solid rims after the fact. Fairly simple with a center punch, a hole saw and a file.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    hmmm...Earlier Brant said the production run was going to be for 500 bikes.

    Drilled rims cost more. Many people have drilled their solid rims after the fact. Fairly simple with a center punch, a hole saw and a file.
    Yeah, seems like they done a lot of work for 200 units. Maybe the rumour of scarcity is to try and provoke fence-sitters to get their cards out? But the guy I spoke to definitely said 200 was all.

    I get that drilled rims costs more. But the photos, and the bike in the showroom have 'em... and it's a tease!

  13. #13
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,145
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDee View Post
    I get that drilled rims costs more. But the photos, and the bike in the showroom have 'em... and it's a tease!...
    ...and a prototype. Brant needed to hit a price point. Drilling adds ~50% to the rim cost.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: davemk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    427
    Does anyone know how wide the rims are on the Fatty?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,827
    Quote Originally Posted by davemk View Post
    Does anyone know how wide the rims are on the Fatty?
    70mm

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    183
    Any details on the tyres? Will they be available on their own when the bikes arrive? Any ideas of weight and price?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,316
    Sure wish OnOne had some sort of presence in Canada - maybe have the US store ship from Vancouver.
    I had plans to buy the fatty - I've got so many of the OnOne bikes already.
    However, it's $1356.50 Cdn. Shipping is $105.81. Total $1462.31. There is 13% duty on complete bikes so that's 190.10. Total to my door, plus taxes is 1675.41.
    I just bought a Surly Pugsly for $1750. Instant gratification and probably better resale value.

  18. #18
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,997
    It would be nice if the flow of information was better.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,827
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    It would be nice if the flow of information was better.
    What info are you looking for?

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    832
    When!

    I'm interested...

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,332
    Hoping the end of Jan Batch won't be the only batch, need to borrow 1K of a mate if so cause skint until March time from the look of it

    Can I pay 10 per month on drip

    First bike delivered I see and pics of, strangely the tyres don't look that fat LOL

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    28
    Does anybody has a Fatty yet? Contemplating getting one of these or a Beargrease as a second bike.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    484
    Yep... here's mine..


  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18

    fatty

    When is the next shipment of Fatness coming in? When will it be available as a frame only?
    Do you have a price for just the frame?

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,316
    When will the tires and tubes be available?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •