mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Planet x carbon cyclocross

Just saw this on their site

Planet X Cross Frame and Fork

Any one know about tire clearnce in the rear?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    crossjunkie: Planet X Pro Carbon XLS Cyclo Cross

Crossjunkie reviewed it (don't be fooled by On One stickers) and said 35c is about the best it will do (in comments).

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    How does this differ from the Dirty Disco?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Geo is different. I ride a 54cm (medium) DD because I aim for a 55cm top tube. I would need the 57cm size XLS frame to get the same. the 54cm DD has a 72 head tube angle and 74 seat tube angle. The 57 XLS has a 72.5 HTA and 73.5 STA. BB drop on XLS is 60mm, don't know about DD but I'm guessing the same.

Besides that, the XLS has internal cable runs on top tube, disc mounts on seat stay instead of chainstay, no bolted-and-pinned joint on seat stays (should be lighter), PF30 BB (standard 68mm on DD), and the 12k glossy weave with more black paint near joints. The crossjunkie test shows a matt finish frame with no woven top layer, but the Planet X web page mentions the weave. A different source, I'm sure, than the DD.

Personally I love the Dirty Disco but if the Planet X frame was around last year, especially at that intro price, I would have sprung for that (assuming the matt finish in the test, which I like more).