mtbr member

OnOne ...29 + enduro HT..why not?

Hello OnOne,
    To be honest I m not understanding that well how onone sees the new am/trail movement around 29er wheels..
    I have bought 2 OnOner frames (26") and I found them to be good quality , reliable, and very nice to ride..all that at a fantastic price..
    I was about to buy also one 29 " last generation Inbred frame ( the one with iscg mounts) but really I was asking myself if it was the frame I need..
    I already have a fantastic steel 29 " frame (fitted with steel fork) , it is a Sobre Dad frame, and I wanted to buy another steel frame to build a am/trail 29 hardtail..
    But actual 29 inbred is , to my opinion, a bit old school,..Sure..it has straight seat tube without bosses and iscg mounts, and large rear stays for big rubbers which are very nice things for trail/am use..but its geometry is really too xc oriented..so..despite the really good price of the frame itself..I didnt feel it was the right choice to fit onto it my marzocchi 44 120mm forks .and all other all mountain stuff I already have...also..I really would like a frame that accept 30,9/31,6 posts..27,2 is ok for xc..but now is really out of times..I would like to use my 2012 Reverb post..
    I waited OnOne to be producing something for that purpose but Brant recently added that he was about to put out a similar frame made of TI with Titus written on..so all my hopes for a good quality,cheap frames from OnOne disappeared..
    But as they say, hope is the last thing to die..so..
    ..so I ask myself..why OnOne which made the original 456..the 456 EVO and the Summer season 456, all for 26 wheels..is not making at least one enduro hardtail frames for us poor folks that dont have money for the TI ( or dont care too) version by TITUS?
    I have read that OnOne will not loose/time money on 650b future projects..but at least would not it be logical to fill the gaps into the 29 line up?
    I find it strange that many brands jumped on the 29 enduro hardtail wagon time ago....and OnOne that started the 29 thing way before..is not making such kind of frame already..!!
    Anyway..compliments anyway for the effort about new carbon frames and forks..pity is not my thing..
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Good points well made.

mtbr member
    Buy a Kona Honzo instead of waiting. Has everything you need, and just a bit more expensive than On-One's frame pricing.

I too waited for something from On-One and and even the 2Souls QH frame in XXL and $$$, but I was not going to waste this summer of riding.

Hopefully On-One releases something in time for next season of riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Buy a Kona Honzo instead of waiting. Has everything you need, and just a bit more expensive than On-One's frame pricing.

I too waited for something from On-One and and even the 2Souls QH frame in XXL and $$$, but I was not going to waste this summer of riding.

Hopefully On-One releases something in time for next season of riding.
    I tried to get a Kona Honzo one month ago..but all 16" frames were sold out here in europe..or where I tried to find it at interesting pricing..(except Bikeman in Usa..where I would price crazy duty costs and shipping)
    Yesterday instead I found ..a good deal (500 euro+shipping ) for a 2012 Transam 29"..
    ..After reading some reviews..the new Transition looks to be a good bike to me!..what do you think of it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Good points well made.
    ..british sense of humor....but as I'm italian, Im optimistic..and I take it as I should wait some more weeks until OnOne produce that frame.. right?
    Really find it strange to look elsewhere when you designed my last BPig frame..and also my previous SummerSeason and 456 frames too..But I dont want anymore 26" hardtails..
    At the same time..Ragley seems to be letargic lately..after your departure..nothing fresh is happening on that side..at least as I see it now..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingleman View Post
    Yesterday instead I found ..a good deal (500 euro+shipping ) for a 2012 Transam 29"..
    ..After reading some reviews..the new Transition looks to be a good bike to me!..what do you think of it?
    It's a decent frame, has all the AM specifics, but the chainstays are over 17". Plus their sizing tends to run super small, I was never comfortable on my 26er TransAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingleman View Post
    But I dont want anymore 26" hardtails..
    Me neither. Especially for guys over 1.8 meters in height.

Something like the 456 EVO, with a 44mm headtube in 29er format would be perfect!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Good points well made.
    Will there be a steel 456 29er?? Someday? Never?
    It would be my first choice. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a honzo. I would wait though if it was a someday..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    its a someday

mtbr member
    Such a tease..... someday 2012, someday 1st half 2013, someday before I die????
    Inquiring minds want to know (before they buy a Kona Taro).

its a someday

mtbr member
    its a someday
    Someday by Flipsyde lyrics - YouTube