Thread: On-One VAT

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

On-One VAT

When I look at On-One UK it lists EX VAT in the pricing. Do USA buyers get dinged for a VAT and if so what percentage to the final price/shipping is added?

mtbr member
    I got dinged about $70 on my $299 On-One 456 SS frame 2 years ago.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One VAT

I have bought lights, gloves, tires, etc. (but no frame) from UK and never had to pay extra. I am in Oregon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I am pretty sure that if you are purchasing from within the EU then the VAT is payable at the UK rate. If you are purchasing from outside the EU then the VAT is not charged but you may have import and other taxes due that are imposed by your own country.

Going the other way (I'm in the UK) if I buy from another EU country then I will pay whatever the VAT rate is in the country I'm purchasing from, this may be higher or lower than the VAT normally charged in the UK (20%).

If I buy something from outside the EU then I am liable to pay import duty (5% on parts, 15% on whole bikes I think) and VAT at 20% on total of original cost + carriage charge + import duty.
    Last edited by andyh2; 02-20-2013 at 07:15 AM. Reason: grammar

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    In the select currency dialogue box, as long as you don't select a EU country, you don't have VAT added.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Thanks everybody!