Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: On-One US Sale

Orthodox Veloist

We the people ... On-One US Sale

I think the Angry Laboratory Robots were busy last night and pushed an update You can get in before the news breaks elsewhere.

This sale is for online orders only and is for blowing out the current inventory in the Portland warehouse.

You can get a Lurcher for $640! Dang!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thank you for posting. I see somebody snatched those Mavic wheels. Good price on the Whippet but there are no white/red frames.

p.s. I like your blog.
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for posting this! I've been thinking about a 456 for a long time... now it's on the way along with parts to build it

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    any idea how long this sale is lasting?

Attack Position
    Thanks for the heads up, just placed an order to fill out the missing parts on my Inbred build.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by lukehooligan View Post
    any idea how long this sale is lasting?
    Until the current stock is gone. We need room for the next shipments
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    With this sale, I'm jumping on an Inbred 29er but I'm not sure of a 16" or 18".

Mr Shiggy, can you assist?

I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam and will be using it on the East coast with a mix of off and on road riding (touring?). Will be using and inverted Mary Bar set up a bit like SelfpropelledDevo's Hunter.
    "Just remember, all bikes have front suspension once you put your hands on the handlebars!" - 1SPD

Quote Originally Posted by blak_byke View Post
    With this sale, I'm jumping on an Inbred 29er but I'm not sure of a 16" or 18".

Mr Shiggy, can you assist?

I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam and will be using it on the East coast with a mix of off and on road riding (touring?). Will be using and inverted Mary Bar set up a bit like SelfpropelledDevo's Hunter.
    Compare ETT lengths with your current frame.

Without further info I would lean toward the 16" as better for trail use and 18" road touring.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Compare ETT lengths with your current frame.

Without further info I would lean toward the 16" as better for trail use and 18" road touring.
    Crap! That's what I was afraid of.

2008 17" Jamis Dragon Team 26er w/ ETT of 22". ST 17" C to T
    1996 18" Trek 970 ETT of 22.5". ST 18' C to T
    GT Peace "M" ETT of 22.5. ST 17" C to T

**All use between 90 to 100mm stems

Inbred 16" ETT = 23" and 18" ETT = 23.7".

I spoke with a really cool guy @ Planet X and they were all out of 16"s. I'm going to pick up the 18" and see how it goes. Thanks for the input!
    "Just remember, all bikes have front suspension once you put your hands on the handlebars!" - 1SPD

mtbr member
    I picked up a Pompino frame and most of the parts to build up a super sweet single speed. I'm going to really dig ther versititlity of this bike.

And it's really cool to tell people to google images of your bike on the interweb......warning not at work

mtbr member

New shipments??

Anything new and special coming in? I was going to treat myself to an early Father's Day present by ordering a Scandal 29er but I thought I would wait to see what the ship brings in. Can you tease us with the possibilities?

Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    Anything new and special coming in? I was going to treat myself to an early Father's Day present by ordering a Scandal 29er but I thought I would wait to see what the ship brings in. Can you tease us with the possibilities?
    Currently no shipments on the water. When the next one does arrive it will be at normal pricing.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Mu c456 arrives tomorrow. Can't wait!

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting this... Nothing super exciting to report, but did pick up a 20t cog and 34 tooth chainring for my Summer Season single speed. Currently running a 36t front and vary between 18t and 22t rear and thought I'd give something else a try.

Thanks for the heads up.

John
    On One Summer Season Single Speed

help with the zip please

Venting here so don't read if that sort of thing upsets you

How come it costs $195 US to ship a 1.5kg frame from Portland to Sydney Australia, a distance of 12,333 km and only 50 pound or $80 US to ship the same frame from Rotherham UK to Sydney Australia a distance of 17,000km?

Gripe 2, why won't On-one in the UK give me a straight answer about price matching the US price? If it's a no why can't they just say NO or at least respond to emails?

Landed they are within $50 of each other but it ticks me off being gouged, and not suggesting by Planet Bikes in the uS but by their postal service,almost half the cost of the frame to ship it here.

Aargh

Vent over, that feels better

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Hey Shiggy,

When do you expect more of the QR Chaintugs and, when you get them, will they be at the sale price or the regular price? That's pretty much the only thing you don't have in stock right now to complete a build I am thinking about getting.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    How come it costs $195 US to ship a 1.5kg frame from Portland to Sydney Australia, a distance of 12,333 km and only 50 pound or $80 US to ship the same frame from Rotherham UK to Sydney Australia a distance of 17,000km?
    Same situation with shipping here to Canada.
    I work on the assumption that the UK operation depends on international shipping for a large part of their business so has invested much time and effort into working with shipping companies.
    The US operation is there to support the States so has not ramped up their international shipping process. It's the local post office or nothing.

I've got my 4th frame with bit and pieces coming from the UK and have no complaints on ordering from them. Although the 20 L initial shipping charge sure hurts on small items. Wish you could get them sent with standard mail.

Attack Position
    I'm using the non-QR Chaintug with a QR and haven't had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter136 View Post
    Hey Shiggy,

When do you expect more of the QR Chaintugs and, when you get them, will they be at the sale price or the regular price? That's pretty much the only thing you don't have in stock right now to complete a build I am thinking about getting.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Unfortunately, according to their website, they are out of the larger apertured ones as well. The price is amazing at only $7.50.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Looks like my inbred will be here on Tuesday! First mountain bike in a long time and my Pompino's new brother. I am excited.

Ow!
    My On-one on-sale carbon 456 frame is being shipped today. Good grief! Like I need another bike. Dementia is advancing with my advancing age.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Just ordered my med. 456 frame, excited isnt even the word for this. My first new frame in 20 yrs. good looking out bro.

help with the zip please
    Slash5, did you ever get tracking numbers with your UK deliveries? I got shipping notification but no tracking number and can't raise a response from on-one UK, I'm guessing because of all of the queen's celebrations.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hey emu26, you didnt order from here in the states, or are you from across the pond? I ordered mine from Titus and had the frame at my door in a day and a half.

help with the zip please
    I'm down under and whilst planet x / titus in the states has the better price, by the time you add in postage they are both about even again. Then On-one.UK had their Jubilee sales last week and I grabbed a 456c with a free wheelset, which I will sell to pay for a fork upgrade.

To be honest I would have rather ordered from the US because I know I would have it in a week but more importantly because the US guys where so much more responsive than their UK counterparts but when your on a budget, unfortunately dollars do talk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast