mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One/Titus Sales Via Newsletter

The On-One/Titus guys in Portland are advertising some sale prices via their Titus email newsletter. Got a Lurcher for $399 on Sunday. It was a one-day sale on that frame and a couple other things. Just a heads up. It's worth signing up for the newsletter.

Joe

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Inbred swap out frame for $175 on fathers day...but already bought mine a month ago.

mtbr member
    Good to see they were busy last weekend. I Ordered a lurcher, bottom bracket, headset and a stem. Plus they installed the bb, and headset!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Jdcatnau, what's your plan for a fork and wheels? I like the look of the On-One carbon race fork, but I already have a rigid SS 29er and want a little squish on the front of the Lurcher.

mtbr member
    Not sure yet. Looking at x-fusion slide (waiting for 15mm axle) or one of the new Magura forks when they come out in September.

I believe On-One is planning to make a matching carbon fork for the lurcher if you can wait.

Wheelsets, I would really like to get a set of American classics ($$$). I'll probably end up with a set of Stan's.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I have seen the Magura 80mm and 100mm XC forks for good prices on chainlove.com. Don't know much about them but they look light.

As for wheels, I have had Steve at SRLPE build 3 sets for me. He does a fantastic job, gives great advice and is very reasonable regarding cost. A great guy with a lot of skill and good customer service. I will probably have him build a wheelset for my Lurcher.

mtbr member
    I just received the green/black Lurcher that I ordered on Father's Day. I was already thinking about getting one but when I received the newsletter and saw the sale price, I just couldn't help myself.
    Frame is really nice looking and can't wait to build it up.

mtbr member
    Sounds like black and green is a top seller.

mtbr member
    Add another for the Black and Green. I ordered mine a few weeks ago, but the were waiting for the Black Smoothie Mixer headsets so I had them hold shipment until they arrived. Well Monday I received a call from Michael, letting me know that they arrived, and if I had seen the newsletter. Unfortunately I had not, but he informed me that they were running a special for fathers day and that he was crediting my charge card back so I received it for the discounted price. I thought that was amazingly cool, and was very appreciative. I also ordered it with the headset obviously and a press fit bottom bracket. As far as my build, I will be running a 1x10 setup but I am still awaiting some of the pieces I have not decided on everything yet, but here is what I have currently.
    Wheels: Sun Ringle Black Flag Comp running tubeless Specialized Fast Trak 2bliss
    Fork: RockShox Reba RL
    Seatpost: KCNC SC Pro Light
    Seat: TBD (Possibly Specialized Toupe)
    Bar: TBD
    Stem: TBD
    Grips: On One Half Bob Foam grips
    Shifter: Shimano XTR Rear
    Brakes: Shimano XTR Race with KCNC Razor 160mm Rotors
    Crankset and BB: Shimano PF 92 and 2010 Shimano XT Cranks with Homebrewed components 34t chainring (assuming it shows up)
    Chain Guide: TBD
    Chain:TBD
    Cassette: TBD
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR Shadow Plus GS
    Pedals: Crank Brothers Eggbeaters

I will post pics once received

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Jvm051, can I ask where you got your crank, brakes and forks? I am shopping for that stuff now.

I have not seen PF BBs on the On-One website so I did not know Michael could install one on my frame. Will have him do that.

As for wheels, I have talked with Steve at SRLPE. He suggested a set with WTB i19 rims, Wheelsmith DB spokes and CK hubs (rear one geared). Will probably go that route. Steve built the wheels for my 29er SS Inbred with WTB i23 rims. I run them tubeless and they are very good rims. The i19s will be a little lighter and will allow a tire width up to 2.4.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Yellow 456 build

Just got a 250 sale frame from on one, and still waiting for wheels and forks
    I have a non decaled frame, so I have done my own paint job.
    May send a few pics at a latter day

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    You are lucky to be in the UK (presumably, because you are paying in GBP). The On-One mothership has such great prices and wide variety of products. I have gotten wheels and tires from them but hate to have them shipped 1000s of miles for such a small batch of stuff.

mtbr member
    Eugene, I emailed Michael out of curiosity to see if the had a Shimano pf bb and he said they can get one. If you contact them they might be able to get more parts for you. Even though they don't offer build kits, they can put one together for you. They may have a set of on-one wheels in Portland?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    OK, thanks. I will talk to Michael. I spend quite a bit of time cruising the US and UK O-O websites. It is amazing what they offer. (Wish they still had the old version of readers rides though. The Posterous version is not as easy to access.)

mtbr member
    Eugene, I sent a note to Michael and they do not have a 29" UST wheel and they are sold out of the regular wheelset.

mtbr member
    The frame arrived today and must admit I am impressed. It was well packaged and there were no chips or scratches. My stem, dropouts, and the remainder of my headset were wrapped in bubble wrap in separate envelopes taped to a piece of cardboard to ensure they would not damage the frame. Now I just need wheels and a fork to get this baby rollin'.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eugenemtbing View Post
    Jvm051, can I ask where you got your crank, brakes and forks? I am shopping for that stuff now.

I have not seen PF BBs on the On-One website so I did not know Michael could install one on my frame. Will have him do that.

As for wheels, I have talked with Steve at SRLPE. He suggested a set with WTB i19 rims, Wheelsmith DB spokes and CK hubs (rear one geared). Will probably go that route. Steve built the wheels for my 29er SS Inbred with WTB i23 rims. I run them tubeless and they are very good rims. The i19s will be a little lighter and will allow a tire width up to 2.4.
    Sure, The brakes, I ordered from Biker Bob on this website. Good price and nice to deal with. The crankset, I pulled from my Scott Spark, when I switched it over to 1x10. and the fork was a takeoff from a LBS that sold just the frame of a Specialized Epic to some guy. They gave me a great deal on the fork that had zero miles on it. I also picked up my rear derailleur shifter from Biker Bob as well. As far as the other parts, some of the stranger stuff like the KCNC products I am getting from Fairwheel Bikes in Tuscon Arizona. KCNC makes quality products that are very lightweight. Other parts are coming from wherever I can get a good deal at.