Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 674
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    252

    On-One Lurcher...

    ...paint samples !

    NeonNeon


    Orangey


    RedRum


    StromTrooper


    Stealff


    Maybe a few more words from Shiggy is in order?

  2. #2
    mtbr lurker
    Reputation: Drew69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    145
    that neon green is hot

  3. #3
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,200
    Like the black on black, black and white is cool too. More white than black would be better though imho.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: A1an's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,920
    Red Rum = yum
    Signature

  5. #5
    Short-Change-Hero
    Reputation: gregnash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,914
    I call them the following:
    Black/White - Storm Trooper
    Black/Yellow - Bumble Bee (transformer)
    Black/Red - Sith Lord

    I would kill for any of them! Now if they would stop teasing us with damn paint samples and graphics samples and just produce the things!!

  6. #6
    CB2
    CB2 is offline
    Jam Econo
    Reputation: CB2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew69 View Post
    that neon green is hot
    ditto

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lamdman1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    327
    ship it already

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DavidR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,696
    Anybody know what the price will be on these? Or at least a guess.
    CyclingCentralVa.org

  9. #9
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,200
    Are these going to be available in more than one size? Hoping...

  10. #10
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR1 View Post
    Anybody know what the price will be on these? Or at least a guess.
    Target price for the US is $800.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  11. #11
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Are these going to be available in more than one size? Hoping...
    All sizes are scheduled to arrive in the first shipment. Do not remember the exact size run.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  12. #12
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    I call them the following:
    Black/White - Storm Trooper
    Black/Yellow - Bumble Bee (transformer)
    Black/Red - Sith Lord

    I would kill for any of them! Now if they would stop teasing us with damn paint samples and graphics samples and just produce the things!!
    Paint is the last part of production, and they are being produced.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  13. #13
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,200
    Thanks Shiggy.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    343

    1 "Sith Lord" PLS!

    Above says it all!
    29er you just know when ur ready!!!!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: xJAHx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    344
    That frame at that price makes the Niner Air 9 carbon look like an overpriced piece of plastic. Oh wait, it is.

  16. #16
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Like the black on black, black and white is cool too. More white than black would be better though imho.
    In general, I prefer more color than black on the carbon frames. We have two Planet X Nanolight road bikes at Sea Otter. One gloss clear over the carbon, one a solid medium blue. The latter just popped.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  17. #17
    Natural body armor
    Reputation: Zen_Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    In general, I prefer more color than black on the carbon frames. We have two Planet X Nanolight road bikes at Sea Otter. One gloss clear over the carbon, one a solid medium blue. The latter just popped.
    Thx god you're alive!

    The orange looks too much like a Niner, the atomic pesto and darth wader are cool.

    When are we getting an OnOne forum? I keep bugging Francis and Gregg, but they are two lazy bums...

    ZT
    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    190
    Sizes for the Lurcher are 16,18,19.5, and 21.

  19. #19
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,200
    Shiggy, do you have any real world weights on these? TIA

  20. #20
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Shiggy, do you have any real world weights on these? TIA
    Sorry, no. There is only one in the states ATM and it was build up for display for Sea Otter. No time to weigh it.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grrrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,258
    When can we pre-order?

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: foxtrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    266
    Sign me up for the 18! Any color will do, but liking the green.
    On-One ScandAl 29er
    "...Obviously you're not a golfer"

  23. #23
    SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
    Reputation: 1 Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,171
    Nice!

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    636
    As much as I love my Scandal, and On Ones business strategy, this frame just reminds me of a pregnant guppy.

    I'm sure they'll sell out in no time though, as usual with on one.
    Lapierre XR29ei, Chris King LB Carbon, XTR 1 X 10
    Planet X Dirty Harry
    Chiner 29er SS

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JonathanGennick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,289
    Clearly I will need to buy one of each color.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25
    Dig the red. Its been a while since we saw some metal flake. It would be rad to see that in blue.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    - Dr Seuss

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    343

    More pics

    Shiggy, love to see some more pics of the display bike fro Sea Otter, pls pls pls?
    29er you just know when ur ready!!!!

  28. #28
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbikebuddy View Post
    Shiggy, love to see some more pics of the display bike fro Sea Otter, pls pls pls?
    Here you go!
    No paint or decals.
    On-One Lurcher...-lurcher1.jpg

    On-One Lurcher...-lurcher2.jpg

    On-One Lurcher...-lurcher3.jpg

    On-One Lurcher...-lurcher4.jpg

    On-One Lurcher...-lurcher5.jpg
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TwoNin9r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,693
    i'd like to see a black and tan/light brown... call me weird but i think it'd be classy

  30. #30
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,062
    does that fork have some back sweep to it? Looks pinarello-esque to me...cool!
    Try this: HTFU

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    985
    What the chainstay length with the ss dropouts? Be interested to centre of dropouts which is realistic position once tensioned.

  32. #32
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Clink View Post
    What the chainstay length with the ss dropouts? Be interested to centre of dropouts which is realistic position once tensioned.
    Geometry is the same as the Carbon Race 29. I do not have the Lurcher here so I can not measure it.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  33. #33
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    does that fork have some back sweep to it? Looks pinarello-esque to me...cool!
    Same fork as used on the Carbon Race 29. It does have a "reverse" curve with normal offset.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  34. #34
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4runner View Post
    i'd like to see a black and tan/light brown... call me weird but i think it'd be classy
    Agreed! Would be a good combo.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Geometry is the same as the Carbon Race 29. I do not have the Lurcher here so I can not measure it.
    OK, thanks

  36. #36
    Teen Wolf
    Reputation: cr45h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    890
    sick

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grouan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    257
    Looking forward to seeing the lurcher in person.
    Hoping on one will be putting together a nice kit/frame combo in rigid single speed format.

  38. #38
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Turtle View Post
    Thx god you're alive!

    The orange looks too much like a Niner, the atomic pesto and darth wader are cool.

    When are we getting an OnOne forum? I keep bugging Francis and Gregg, but they are two lazy bums...

    ZT
    We have the On-One board!

    http://forums.mtbr.com/a/
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: westwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    122
    I second the rigid single speed package.
    Not a MTBR legend.

  40. #40
    Powered by ice cream.
    Reputation: Enel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,312
    Wow, that is an ugly bike.

    I'd ride it
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

  41. #41
    awesome
    Reputation: dblspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    About time! The link doesn't work though

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dmx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    424
    don't like that bent top and downtube, looks cheap

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AtotheZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    362
    Wil the fork be coming in a non-tapered version? I love the look of that thing and would have bought one a while back but sadly it only comes in a tapered version

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx1 View Post
    don't like that bent top and downtube, looks cheap
    It is! Think it's meant to be £499 in UK. Can't complain at that.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dmx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    424
    BTW, where did the On-One board go ?

  46. #46
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx1 View Post
    BTW, where did the On-One board go ?
    Still there. Same place. No change. Still listed in the Manufacturers section. Link works, then and now.

    http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=174
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fix the Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,727
    Damn.

    Those lurchers do look rather nice, guess it's time to start spamming Steve and John with emails about the fate of those prototypes, there's a neat space next to my Whippet... mmmm... prototypes

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx1 View Post
    BTW, where did the On-One board go ?
    I can't access it.

    Despite being logged in I get this:


    Clink you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

  49. #49
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Clink View Post
    I can't access it.

    Despite being logged in I get this:


    Clink you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Send a PM to gregg about this.

    And try accessing it without logging in.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Gregg the cheap Chinese carbon 29ers are becoming popular.

    I've been contemplating getting one but the Lurcher seems interesting.

    Give us a reason to go with the Lurcher...What are your thoughts on it?

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,876
    someone asked about geo....here's the chart from the Race version page, for S M L XL respectively:

    A Head Angle (°) 71 72 72 72
    B Head Tube Length (mm) 105 105 105 105
    C Effective Top Tube Horizontal (mm) 584 602 620 640
    D Seat Angle (°) 73 73 73 73
    E Seat Tube Length Centre to Top (mm) 406 457 495 533
    F Chainstay Length (mm) 444 444 444 444
    G Standover Height (mm) 757 784 800 818
    H Stack (mm) TBC TBC 609 TBC
    I Reach (mm) TBC TBC 421 TBC

    Above is for 100 mm fork. For me the geo is a bit too old-school 29er...these days I prefer a more moderate HA, and shorter CS. interesting that the HT length is the same for all sizes. Mysterious omission of the BB drop in the geo table. Still though, the On One site is much improved compared to the old days.
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tinshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,132
    Hideous.

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

  53. #53
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Clink View Post
    I can't access it.

    Despite being logged in I get this:


    Clink you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Now I am (not) getting that...
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  54. #54
    Fembot in a Wet T-Shirt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Now I am (not) getting that...
    Yeah, link is good now.. woohoo on-one forum finally!!

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9
    Its not a looker is it!

  56. #56
    awesome
    Reputation: dblspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    785
    How's tire clearance on this frame? Would a Stout 2.3 pose a problem in mud?

    Still not able to access the on one board btw, even if I log out.

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,672
    Bad. Makes me want to build another race bike... and I don't race.

  58. #58
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by dblspeed View Post
    How's tire clearance on this frame? Would a Stout 2.3 pose a problem in mud?

    Still not able to access the on one board btw, even if I log out.
    I have not yet had a chance to play with the carbon 29er frames. I expect the tire clearance to be big if the 26" frames (456 and Whippet) are any indication.

    I have a message into gregg about the O-O board.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  59. #59
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmucker View Post
    Bad. Makes me want to build another race bike... and I don't race.
    "Agile trail bike"
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  60. #60
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,034
    That's quite possibly the ugliest bike I have ever seen.

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tinshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by azbeerguy View Post
    That's quite possibly the ugliest bike I have ever seen.
    Good someone agrees. I hate the bowed down tube.

  62. #62
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,200
    is somebody riding that bike with a quick release in a track end? how's that working out?
    is there some sort of mechanical tensioning built into the swapout?
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  63. #63
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,200
    I think the fork is what makes it look "hideous". IMHO the frame is not a bad looking piece. Flame suit on.

  64. #64
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    is somebody riding that bike with a quick release in a track end? how's that working out?
    is there some sort of mechanical tensioning built into the swapout?
    The Sea Otter bike was built there and not demoed. I have used QRs without tugs, but I prefer not to.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tinshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,132
    Haha. No flames, everyone has their own taste.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  66. #66
    SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
    Reputation: 1 Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by azbeerguy View Post
    That's quite possibly the ugliest bike I have ever seen.
    Strangely, I think that there are a lot of bikes out there that are far uglier than this one (i.e. most fullys) but to each his own. Sure, the head, down, top tube junction is anything but elegant but man, this bike rides nicely. I had one (the 29'er Race) for a month to test and really enjoyed it.

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    343

    try this

    If everyone have the fork/headtube look y not just use the odl on-one carb fork instead, this is still a benchmark unit!
    29er you just know when ur ready!!!!

  68. #68
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Now I am (not) getting that...
    Board is back for me.

    http://forums.mtbr.com/one/
    http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=174
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  69. #69
    Natural body armor
    Reputation: Zen_Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,169
    This thing has disappeared from On-One radar? No updates on the web site.
    I want to buy one, 18" it's fine, how do I get one?


    Mods, this thread needs to be moved to On-One Forum.
    Thx
    ZT
    Last edited by Zen_Turtle; 08-27-2011 at 10:38 PM.
    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

  70. #70
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Turtle View Post
    This thing has disappeared from On-One radar? No updates on the web site.
    I want to buy one, 18" it's fine, how do I get one?


    Mods, this thread needs to be moved to On-One Forum.
    Thx
    ZT
    X2
    wassa dealy?
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  71. #71
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Turtle View Post
    This thing has disappeared from On-One radar? No updates on the web site.
    I want to buy one, 18" it's fine, how do I get one?


    Mods, this thread needs to be moved to On-One Forum.
    Thx
    ZT
    Mid October arrival for the Lurcher.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  72. #72
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Turtle View Post
    This thing has disappeared from On-One radar? No updates on the web site.
    I want to buy one, 18" it's fine, how do I get one?


    Mods, this thread needs to be moved to On-One Forum.
    Thx
    ZT
    According to Neil at On One, they expect to recieve the frames in early November.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  73. #73
    Natural body armor
    Reputation: Zen_Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    According to Neil at On One, they expect to recieve the frames in early November.
    Do you know which year?

    So it should be possible to pre-order no?
    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

  74. #74
    Natural body armor
    Reputation: Zen_Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Turtle View Post
    Do you know which year?

    So it should be possible to pre-order no?
    Where is it??
    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

  75. #75
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Turtle View Post
    Where is it??
    On the way. The 18" Lurcher is arriving soon and we will have pre-order setup as soon as we have a firm delivery date.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    On the way. The 18" Lurcher is arriving soon and we will have pre-order setup as soon as we have a firm delivery date.
    18" SS only, is what I heard. No stops, but probably with FD direct mount? (And I bet they ship it with the track end swap-out with dropout. Dumb.)

    Next year for everything else. The next news letter teased a full story of the colossal FU that is the Lurcher.

  77. #77
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,200
    Quote Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post
    18" SS only, is what I heard. No stops, but probably with FD direct mount? (And I bet they ship it with the track end swap-out with dropout. Dumb.)

    Next year for everything else. The next news letter teased a full story of the colossal FU that is the Lurcher.
    Three questions:
    1) Where'd you hear this?
    2) Can you explain a use for a direct mount for an FD on a frame without cable stops?
    3) What is a "track end swap-out with dropout"? Are you saying there is a version of the swapout that has both a track end and a dropout?
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  78. #78
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    Three questions:
    1) Where'd you hear this?
    2) Can you explain a use for a direct mount for an FD on a frame without cable stops?
    3) What is a "track end swap-out with dropout"? Are you saying there is a version of the swapout that has both a track end and a dropout?
    The first production is only 18" frames. The frames are on the water now, ETA mid December.

    The Shimano DM FD has the stop on the derailleur. The frame has full guides.

    The frame is supplied with one set of Swapouts, most likely the vertical dropout version. The trackend is optional, and there are/were some of those with a derailleur hanger (easy to cut it off).
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  79. #79
    Natural body armor
    Reputation: Zen_Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The first production is only 18" frames. The frames are on the water now, ETA mid December.

    The Shimano DM FD has the stop on the derailleur. The frame has full guides.

    The frame is supplied with one set of Swapouts, most likely the vertical dropout version. The trackend is optional, and there are/were some of those with a derailleur hanger (easy to cut it off).
    Sweet!
    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grrrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,258
    Any chance that the other sizes will be available within reasonable time, or will it be similar to the 29er race frame?

    Speaking of which, any news on that frame?

  81. #81
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,200
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The first production is only 18" frames. The frames are on the water now, ETA mid December.
    No offense, but I'll believe it when I see it. I have all but given up on one of these frames. An 18" is what I'd need.
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The frame is supplied with one set of Swapouts, most likely the vertical dropout version. The trackend is optional, and there are/were some of those with a derailleur hanger (easy to cut it off).
    Why a track end with a hanger? One size fits all approach? That would kind of seem to go against the Swapout idea, which I really like, BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  82. #82
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    No offense, but I'll believe it when I see it. I have all but given up on one of these frames. An 18" is what I'd need.
    They shipped last week (confirmed). We will have them in 3-4 weeks.
    Why a track end with a hanger? One size fits all approach? That would kind of seem to go against the Swapout idea, which I really like, BTW.
    Not sure, though I like the idea of being able to adjust the chainstay length while running gears.
    Last edited by shiggy; 11-23-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  83. #83
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,200
    Any idea on time frame for larger frame sizes Shiggy?

  84. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    Three questions:
    1) Where'd you hear this?
    18" SS Only: Brant said it on facebook. And he said similar, SS only, less than a day ago answering a question about Lurcher's shipped from TW.

  85. #85
    Natural body armor
    Reputation: Zen_Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah View Post
    Any chance that the other sizes will be available within reasonable time, or will it be similar to the 29er race frame?

    Speaking of which, any news on that frame?
    Raf,
    I'm riding 18" on both the Racer and the Inbred and very happy, why would you need a larger frame? Lemme know if you want to take the bike for a ride.
    ZT
    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grrrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,258
    I have freakishly long arms and legs compared to my height. I typically ride an xl. With a 620mm ETT, I would need to run a 120-130mm stem.

  87. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grouan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    257
    Have we seen what the final product looks like? I have been patiently waiting for this frame- I am hoping it lives up to the hype.

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    95
    +1. Can't wait to check the details on this one.

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    72
    I see the Lurcher has appeared on the website. What's the story on the dropouts? I'm guessing non-swappable track-ends with no derailleur hanger? Was there a problem with the design such that the frame could not get certified with swapouts or something like that?

  90. #90
    awesome
    Reputation: dblspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    785
    I can't see the picture, can you link it?

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymack View Post
    I see the Lurcher has appeared on the website. What's the story on the dropouts? I'm guessing non-swappable track-ends with no derailleur hanger? Was there a problem with the design such that the frame could not get certified with swapouts or something like that?
    Lurchers have Swapouts

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by dblspeed View Post
    I can't see the picture, can you link it?
    There are no pictures and no geo posted on the website. Also, still no geometry posted for the Scandal. No offense, but you guys need to put a priority on updating your websites.

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    You are not wrong there. We have a few new guys working with us and we are looking at ways to improve our websites. Pictures being taken now. Geometry the same as the scandal. Which is the same as the inbred. All our 29ers share the same geometry. For the moment at least.

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: figo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    143
    Are the swapouts the same for the Inbred and Lurcher?

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by figo View Post
    Are the swapouts the same for the Inbred and Lurcher?
    they are

  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Geometry the same as the scandal. Which is the same as the inbred. All our 29ers share the same geometry. For the moment at least.
    Thanks. I'm aware of that, but lots of prospective buyers probably aren't. I think the new Scandal looks great and is an amazing value. I just don't want to see you guys loose sales over something as simple as posting the geometry. Is there anyway you could even just add a link on the Scandal page to the Inbred geometry?

    Edit: Sorry, I hadn't read the full description of the Scandal. I now see that the geometry is mentioned in the text with reference to the Inbred. I hope you interpret my post as constructive criticism, not just being critical. I love the new frames but just think a little extra effort on the website will go a long ways in getting new buyers interested.

  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojos Azules View Post
    ...paint samples !

    RedRum
    My GF wants hot pink and white...
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    So to confirm the Lurchers currently listed on the on-one site are:

    • Shipped with 'track end' style swapouts
    • Can take a direct mount FD
    • Have no cable routing for an RD
    • Have same colour scheme as Red Rum
    • - Have same geometry and take same swapouts as Scandal/inbred


    Love the look and colour scheme, the swapouts, the price but I was looking to build a 1x9/singlespeed interchangeable bike. I think the lack of routing for a rear derailleur is a showstopper, unless anyone has any suggestions? (other than toughen up and just SS)

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dmx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    424
    Why that hideous bump in the top - and downtube ? I like the steel frames a lot (have a Slot Inbred 29er) but those carbon 29er frames look cheap...

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,538
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx1 View Post
    Why that hideous bump in the top - and downtube ? I like the steel frames a lot (have a Slot Inbred 29er) but those carbon 29er frames look cheap...
    Looks great to me. At least in the photos I've seen so far...
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •