Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 598
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18
    have these landed yet?

  2. #102
    You know my steez...
    Reputation: BunnV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    906
    I'd like to see a shootout between the On One and the Niner Air 9 C. Both built as single speeds with the same components. Anyone done a comparison yet?
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

  3. #103
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,315
    Quote Originally Posted by rsrevo View Post
    have these landed yet?
    The Lurchers just arrived in the warehouse this morning. Will be up on the US shop site shortly.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The Lurchers just arrived in the warehouse this morning. Will be up on the US shop site shortly.

    that's great, do you know what color scheme you guys got?

  5. #105
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,315
    Quote Originally Posted by rsrevo View Post
    that's great, do you know what color scheme you guys got?
    The frames are raw carbon. Confirming the price before we post them in the shop site.

    On-One Lurcher...-oo_lurcher_frm_1_med.jpg
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  6. #106
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,315
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The frames are raw carbon. Confirming the price before we post them in the shop site.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oo_lurcher_frm_1_med.jpg 
Views:	2741 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	660894
    New plan. We are going to paint the frames.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    "we're going to paint them" more smoke and mirror's, they're just stringing us along.

  8. #108
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,315
    Quote Originally Posted by benbarts View Post
    "we're going to paint them" more smoke and mirror's, they're just stringing us along.
    We are as frustrated by the delays with the Lurcher as you are. The frames are here. I doubt anyone would be happy with the lack of finish. I would not.

    Below I am holding the frame I photographed for the pic I posted earlier, and a few of the others in the shipment.
    On-One Lurcher...-lurchers.jpg
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    190
    Are these all single speed? Swapouts are removable so can be geared right?

  10. #110
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,315
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoreta View Post
    Are these all single speed? Swapouts are removable so can be geared right?
    You can use any of the Swapouts, geared (vertical with hanger) or singlespeed (track tips). The frames do not have derailleur housing guides. There is a*high direct mount for the front derailleur.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    Shiggy, thanks for doing that. So what is the timeline of painted frames available to pre-order?

  12. #112
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,315
    Quote Originally Posted by benbarts View Post
    Shiggy, thanks for doing that. So what is the timeline of painted frames available to pre-order?
    Maybe next week. More likely first week in January.
    We are getting quotes for the painting now. Once we decide on a painter we can set the price and delivery date.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    51
    Fair enough, Brant. Hope this all works out sooner than later.
    Last edited by deltasierra; 12-21-2011 at 11:33 AM.

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,837
    Proper transparency is good. We've been very open and continue to be so as we like it.
    Painting locally is a hurdle we didnt expect to have to overcome, but we wanted to move forward with this project.
    The 18in no guide frame is a puzzle to me but an anachronism created by our former designer.

    Thanks for your concerns, but honesty will get us there.

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation: figo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    143
    Overall the most of the new carbon projects have been a bit of a drama, from both 29ers and the wheel set to the rims which never came. Transparency is good and deserves respect, but timelines need to be set more realistically (Lurcher slipped, like, a year or so?). What ever happened to those 200 quid carbon rims is another thing, they appeared, and then it became silent..

    So, just make the planning+comms as good as your products and everyone will be happy ;-)

  16. #116
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by figo View Post
    Overall the most of the new carbon projects have been a bit of a drama, from both 29ers and the wheel set to the rims which never came. Transparency is good and deserves respect, but timelines need to be set more realistically (Lurcher slipped, like, a year or so?). What ever happened to those 200 quid carbon rims is another thing, they appeared, and then it became silent..

    So, just make the planning+comms as good as your products and everyone will be happy ;-)
    yup.

    the 456 and whippet came through well and other things got backed up.

    moving forward again now

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grrrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,153
    Can you keep/sell some of the unpainted ones? I'd actually prefer a raw looking carbon frame..

  18. #118
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,315
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah View Post
    Can you keep/sell some of the unpainted ones? I'd actually prefer a raw looking carbon frame..
    From what I understand, the carbon should at least be clear coated for long term durability.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  19. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18
    let us know right away when and where we can pre-order

  20. #120
    nor
    nor is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    77
    Any info on the Lurcher paint project?
    ron-k.blogspot.com

  21. #121
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,315
    Quote Originally Posted by nor View Post
    Any info on the Lurcher paint project?
    I just dropped off frames at the painter to do a sample.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah View Post
    Can you keep/sell some of the unpainted ones? I'd actually prefer a raw looking carbon frame..
    We can/will sell you an unpainted one.
    Please drop us an email at;
    sales at titusti dot com
    and we can sort it out for you.

    Thank you.

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    Got this directly from On-One today, getting real tired of being jerked around....

    Dear

    You requested a stock alert from On-One on 20-12-2011.

    We're sorry to say that On-One Lurcher Carbon Hardtail 29er Singlespeed Frame 18 inch / Black and Red has now been discontinued. We are not expecting to get any more in stock.

    We usually discontinue an item when it is superseded by an alternative. Check out our site to see what's currently available or contact us to let us find you an alternative.

  24. #124
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,133
    Quote Originally Posted by benbarts View Post
    Got this directly from On-One today, getting real tired of being jerked around....

    Dear

    You requested a stock alert from On-One on 20-12-2011.

    We're sorry to say that On-One Lurcher Carbon Hardtail 29er Singlespeed Frame 18 inch / Black and Red has now been discontinued. We are not expecting to get any more in stock.

    We usually discontinue an item when it is superseded by an alternative. Check out our site to see what's currently available or contact us to let us find you an alternative.
    super. fvcking. lame.

    i'm glad i gave up on the Lurcher when I did.
    I wonder if the two that showed as in stock on the On-One website actually got sold and shipped or if they just pulled the plug on the whole deal.

    seems like they need to get their cart and horse in the correct order. what a shame...
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  25. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by benbarts View Post
    Got this directly from On-One today, getting real tired of being jerked around....

    Dear

    You requested a stock alert from On-One on 20-12-2011.

    We're sorry to say that On-One Lurcher Carbon Hardtail 29er Singlespeed Frame 18 inch / Black and Red has now been discontinued. We are not expecting to get any more in stock.

    We usually discontinue an item when it is superseded by an alternative. Check out our site to see what's currently available or contact us to let us find you an alternative.
    Ben - give us a call on 650-284-5563.
    We have just received into our US office two clear coated 18" Lurcher frames with more being clear coated right now.

    Thank you,
    Michael

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •