Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hey, Lucher owners, is this the correct front mech I would need to run a 2 or 3-ring XT crank on my 19.5" Lurcher? Seems like I saw info on the On One UK site talking about which one is appropriate, but I can't find it. Thanks for any help.

Shimano FD-M781

SHIMANO DEORE XT

FD-M781

DYNA-SYS FRONT DERAILLEUR

SPECIFICATIONS:

model: FD-M781
    recommended use: mountain
    crank type: mountain triple/double
    mount type: direct mount
    mount material: alloy
    cage material: steel
    style: traditional
    pull: dual
    chainstay angle: 66-69 degree
    weight: 138g*

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by eugenemtbing View Post
    Hey, Lucher owners, is this the correct front mech I would need to run a 2 or 3-ring XT crank on my 19.5" Lurcher? Seems like I saw info on the On One UK site talking about which one is appropriate, but I can't find it. Thanks for any help.

Shimano FD-M781

SHIMANO DEORE XT

FD-M781

DYNA-SYS FRONT DERAILLEUR

SPECIFICATIONS:

model: FD-M781
    recommended use: mountain
    crank type: mountain triple/double
    mount type: direct mount
    mount material: alloy
    cage material: steel
    style: traditional
    pull: dual
    chainstay angle: 66-69 degree
    weight: 138g*
    From the UK site:
    - Font Mech Clamp Size (mm) -High Direct Mount
    so yes, that front derailleur will work for you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Great, thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by thasingletrackmastah View Post
    Maybe, Brant or Shiggy can answer that question.

This is how I see it:
    The Racer and Lurcher both have the Scandal geometrie.
    The racer is a bit lighter, the Lurcher has swapouts and let you choose geared or singlespeed (or gearhub?)
    If you like the Inbred or the Scandal, choose one of those.
    I think DH is a standard Chinese build mailorder carbon bike, can't tell why it's on their product list.
    Maybe because of the time it took for the Racer and Lurcher to arrive.
    Yeah, any more comments about lurcher and harry differences? About to hit the button but which one. Love my whippets geometry and both hit that picture well. 29er will be geared so any reason to go for lurcher instead of lighter Harry?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Gold Member
    Question: OnOne UK has the frame and fork that match, while the TitusTi. in the US does not.
    Has anyone ordered from the UK? What was the shipping speed? Extra Import taxes, etc?
    It seems that the UK store has the Lurcher sent to the US for about $100 less than TitusTi also.

I've ordered from ChainReactionCycles many times without issue, but wasn't sure if ordering a frame was different...
    CyclingCentralVa.org
    Shop Hand
    On-One Lurcher
    S-Works DEMO
    Crux
    BMC SLR01
    LOOK675

Gold Member
    Patrick @ Titus has been nothing shy of nice and helpful with answering questions and helping me get the purchase rolling. So I ordered it today from them and should have it in a week or so.
    Picked up Lurcher, tapered fork, headset and seat collar.
    CyclingCentralVa.org
    Shop Hand
    On-One Lurcher
    S-Works DEMO
    Crux
    BMC SLR01
    LOOK675

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I initially had a Woodman QR seat clamp on my Lurcher. A creak would develop after a couple rides. I switched to a bolt-on clamp, and I have had no creaks since then.

mtbr member
    Any more photos of XL Lurchers, preferably with the matching carbon fork?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Mine's a 19.5" frame. I have lots of photos but will resist the urge to gum up this thread with too many...
    On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359355296.159452.jpg
    On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359355345.783194.jpg
    On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359355371.015504.jpg

Gold Member
    Fork and frame arrived yesterday. Fork came in raw, so I painted it match.
    Most of the build parts arrived today, hoping to have it built by the weekend!
    CyclingCentralVa.org
    Shop Hand
    On-One Lurcher
    S-Works DEMO
    Crux
    BMC SLR01
    LOOK675

Gold Member
    New Lurcher, including my fork's quick rattle-can paint job to match frame.
    Turned out to 23lbs even. Built with a mix of SLX and XT, Easton EC70 seatpost and h.bar.

CyclingCentralVa.org
    Shop Hand
    On-One Lurcher
    S-Works DEMO
    Crux
    BMC SLR01
    LOOK675

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    ___
    2016 Canyon Grand Canyon CF SL 8.9 tuned (fully-rigid, 1x11)
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/2373507

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Just ordered my second on-one, a nice black on black lurcher! Loved the whippet but bought via the cycle scheme and they now want me to buy it so time to send it back and to try 29er!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

OK, Lurcher guys, another question: Almost have enough $ for a suspension fork. What about putting a 120mm fork on there to get a little more travel and slacken it up a bit?

Opinions? Ideas? Experiences?

Thanks.

mtbr member

On-One Lurcher...

OK, Lurcher guys, another question: Almost have enough $ for a suspension fork. What about putting a 120mm fork on there to get a little more travel and slacken it up a bit?

Opinions? Ideas? Experiences?

Thanks.
    I believe max is 100. I'm completely happy with 100, if you slacken it out more you might lose the ride characteristic you are used to.

mtbr member
    I found the front becoming too light when going over 100mm, back to 90 now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

Yeah, the geo is so nice -- descends well and climbs great without bucking. Wouldn't want to screw that up.

mtbr member
    120 forks have longer axle-to-crown distance, and Lurcher is pretty high frame as it is. The end result might be too high for good steering with a 120 fork. Luckily, it is possible to put a zero stack headset in the frame; but this will force a non-tapered steerer tube.

Just my 2 cents.
    power matters

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

Thanks for the input. I am going with a 100mm fork.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'm looking to get a Lurcher and setting it up SS. Can't decide if I should get the 16 or 18? I'm 5'9" with 30 inseam. The ETT of the 16 is roughly the same as my Medium Blur TRc while the ETT of the 18" is roughly the same as my Medium YelliScreamy. On both bikes I'm currently running 50mm stems and they both feel fine to me. How is the standover on these frames? I think I'm leaning towards getting the smaller frame for the extra standover clearance and just run a slightly longer stem if I feel too cramped.
    Too bad they don't have the sale price any more...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I am 5'8" on the 18 inch lurcher running a 80mm stem and its perfect for me. Stand over is really tight but just enough that I am OK.

ask
    user

New Wheelset

She is almost done.... Installed a new wheelset for my Lurcher SS last night. Loving this bike more and more the more I ride it.

Still planning to get a different seat, install a bash guard, and maybe change up the spacer kit on the rear hub.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    She is almost done.... Installed a new wheelset for my Lurcher SS last night. Loving this bike more and more the more I ride it.

Still planning to get a different seat, install a bash guard, and maybe change up the spacer kit on the rear hub.
    That looks sick!
    The color scheme on the wheels matches up with the frame and fork really well.

I'll be ordering my Lurcher frame in the next few days. Decided to get the 16 inch matte black frame. Will be building it up with mostly black parts. Going for the murdered out look.
    Really hope I won't hate SingleSpeed

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

You will love SS -- especially if you embrace the "grind it out on the climbs" factor and enjoy the benefits of simplicity, strength building and endorphin rushes. It's great.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

One more thing about SSing -- it is delightful to have a rear hub with great engagement, since you are on the pedals, working them so much instead of just shifting to accommodate changes in terrain. When I ride my CK hub, I am literally thinking over and over how sweet the hub is and how fantastic the engagement is. Makes the riding even more enjoyable.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    One more thing about SSing -- it is delightful to have a rear hub with great engagement, since you are on the pedals, working them so much instead of just shifting to accommodate changes in terrain. When I ride my CK hub, I am literally thinking over and over how sweet the hub is and how fantastic the engagement is. Makes the riding even more enjoyable.
    Thanks for the tips. I'm pretty excited but also a bit apprehensive about SSing because my after work ride is basically a 3.5 mile 1500ft out and back. I know I'm going to be hurtin for a while especially since right now I'm a sit and spin kind of guy.
    I'm planning to use a DT Swiss 350 hub with the upgraded 36 point star ratchet. That should be ok right?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

That hub will feel good. You will be surprised that hills that were challenging a couple weeks ago feel doable pretty quickly because you become so much stronger so quickly.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Just got the email to say my bike is ready, pick it up tomorrow !
    It's coming with gears but I have all the parts to make it single speed if I wish, Mmm don't know might make the whippet single speed and leave the lurcher geared.

Either way , excited !

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Ordered a 16 inch Lurcher on Monday. Have everything else on the way except still waiting for the chinese carbon rims to ship so I can measure and order the spokes.

I ended up ordering from the UK site since I was e-mailing with Patrick about some additional parts and he sort of just stopped responding to my e-mail.
    I get an e-mail today from Brandon who told me he was taking over Patrick's workload since Patrick is no longer working there.
    Hopefully I won't get hit with import duty when the frame arrives.

So excited to be building my first SS.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Just picked up my new 16" Lurcher and got the forks through the post just waiting for wheels to come now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On-One Lurcher...-dsc01534.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    My 16 inch Lurcher frame showed up today! I ordered it last Monday afternoon from the UK website and the mailman(USPS) delivered it to me in California today(8 days from day of order). Frame showed up in good condition. With the drop-outs and all the screws/clips removed the frame weighed 1450 grams. Quality of the frame seems good except I'm not too fond of the way the cables and brake hoses are routed. Seems to me like they could have made it look much cleaner if they just used 1 set of cable guides on the bottom of the top tube and just zip-tie all the cables together to the cable guide(like how canfield brothers do it on the YelliScreamy) then route the brake hose along the seatstay to the brake caliper instead of along the downtube then up over the BB and on to the chainstay. But oh well, whatever, it is what it is. Maybe the look will grow on me once I have it all built up. Just need to get the rims now before I can build it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    um I'm a bit confused about the BB. I got the Token BB from on-one that fits both Shimano and Sram cranksets.
    So just to double check, I measured the BB shell on the Lurcher to be 89.5mm which means I'll need to put a 2.5mm spacer to space it out to 92mm.
    According to the instructions for the Token BB, for Sram cranks, you put the 2.5mm spacer on the Non-Drive side while Shimano Cranks you would put the spacer on the Drive side. In my case I'm using Sram crank so I would put the 2.5mm spacer on the ND side.
    The instructions also referred to a 5 mm washer/spacer on the Drive side spindle between the outside of the bearing and the crank for Sram. But I didn't get anything like that in the package. All it came with are some spacers and a wavy washer thingy. I'm assuming that instead of the 5mm spacer I would just use the wavy washer instead?
    Here is a link to the BB in question I received everything shown in the pic--> Token Pressfit Bottom Bracket
    That sound about right? TIA.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    replying to my own question. I looked up the installation instructions for Sram BB and I guess the 2.5mm spacer goes on the Drive side.. I guess I can just play with it to get the right clearance/offset.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

On-One Lurcher...

Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    replying to my own question. I looked up the installation instructions for Sram BB and I guess the 2.5mm spacer goes on the Drive side.. I guess I can just play with it to get the right clearance/offset.
    With the SRAM GXP BBs spacers on the driveside do nothing. The spindle is floating in the driveside bearing and clamps only against the non driveside bearing.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    With the SRAM GXP BBs spacers on the driveside do nothing. The spindle is floating in the driveside bearing and clamps only against the non driveside bearing.
    That's true but you'll need the 2.5mm spacer on one side or the other in order to achieve the 92mm width. If you put it on the non-drive side you effectively shift the chainline to the left by 2.5mm.

I've been playing around with the BB today and the Sram GXP interface for BB92 seems like a really bad design/interface. As Shiggy said, the spindle only clamps on the non-drive side.
    Since the BB92 bearing cups are kind of a loose fit in the BB shell, any kind of side impact from the drive side can actually push the bearing cups out of the BB shell until the crank hits the bearing cups on the drive side.
    I'm going to go get some headset spacers to see if I can space it out so that the spindle is not totally floating on the drive side.
    Last edited by pwu_1; 03-28-2013 at 03:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Just finished. Stole the wheels from my other bike for now since I'm still waiting for the rims from China to ship.
    21.1 pounds total.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

Looks great. I really like the matte black finish with gray lettering. How much travel on the fork?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

On-One Lurcher...

Fork is a Reba at 100mm

How do you like the carbon fork? I'm thinking about getting it in a couple of months and try rigid single speed

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

The carbon fork is great -- especially for SSing. The fork is so light and strong. Here is a thread I posted in the SS forum that has some of my impressions of the On One monocoque fork:

SS On One Lurcher

Ironically, I will soon be getting a Reba and gears to put on my Lurcher for spring-through-fall riding. Lots of extended climbing, righteous descents and technical options in my area. It will be fun to set up my Lurcher for a different type of mission.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I just got myself a monocoque fork, for 456c though.
    it does seem as stout as it can be.
    715gr on my scale, uncut 30ish steerer.

which plug did you use? the steerer seems increadibly strong and thick. not sure if any plug would fit.

Just Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by p_cycle View Post
    which plug did you use? the steerer seems increadibly strong and thick. not sure if any plug would fit.
    I thought I would chime in on this from my Scandal build. My bike is not completely built yet, but I ordered a Planet-X thinking it would fit, but no go. On-One is graciously sending me an FSA that does fit. For the time being I swiped the OEM plug from my Niner fork as it fits also.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

I got a Profile Designs plug from a LBS that works well. I could not get the On One bung hole plug to fit because of the thick carbon walls of the steerer tube.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4bwjJLKLEHo/UVYzihwnrZI/AAAAAAAAJgY/toPqdN5W2oQ/s740/IMG_1222.JPG

Just finished. Stole the wheels from my other bike for now since I'm still waiting for the rims from China to ship.
    21.1 pounds total.
    Very nice build!
    Which rear hub you use? Do you have a 10mm axle or is it a regular QR?
    ___

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

On-One Lurcher...

Quote Originally Posted by semmiho View Post
    Very nice build!
    Which rear hub you use? Do you have a 10mm axle or is it a regular QR?
    Thanks. The hub on the bike right now is a wtb super duty hub. It's 135x12 and I'm using it with a sun ringle step down axle that bolts on on both sides
    http://www.sun-ringle.com/mtb/access...nversion-axle/

Once the rims that I ordered arrives I'm going to build a wheel using dt Swiss 350 hub with 135x12 axle and the sun ringle step down axle

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Just finished my build not as light as i was looking at but still loving it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On-One Lurcher...-copy-dsc01544.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

On-One Lurcher...

Quote Originally Posted by Madmick View Post
    Just finished my build not as light as i was looking at but still loving it
    Looks good! How much does it weigh?
    How much are you able to insert the seat post until it hits the water bottle posts?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    It weighs in at a hefty 27lbs but could loose a pound just on the wheels lol plus dropper post not light
    The seatpost is as far in as it can go and works out just right for the saddle height

dtheo
    Sep 2005
    I bought a carbon Lurcher fork but the installation plug from OO but it is too big to fit in the steertube.
    anyone else with this issue?
    what did you do to install the fork?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

I used a Profile Design plug from a LBS.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Question on larger tyre clearance for an 18" Lurcher with the carbon forks.

On-One Monocoque Tapered Carbon Fork

Will the widest 29er tyres clear the frame and forks. tyres such as the On One Chunky Monkey

On-One Chunky Monkey 26"x2.4" Tyre

Am I correct in assuming there is not clearnce for the rabbit Hole and Knard 3" wheelset.

Thanks, Brian.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

I looked at the frame and fork with an eye toward the Knard. It looked like there was room in the monocoque fork but not the frame. (Someone with real tools should verify though!)

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

Switched my SS Lurcher to 1x10. What are you guys doing for a chain guide up front?
    On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365446546.031595.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Switched my SS Lurcher to 1x10. What are you guys doing for a chain guide up front?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365446546.031595.jpg 
Views:	1827 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	788585
    I found the following three models when I wanted to buy one for my Whippet:
    MRP 1X has a direct mount version:
    On-One Lurcher...-61255.jpg

E*Thirteen XCX:
    On-One Lurcher...-30806_2_e_thirteen_xcxkettenfuehrungshimanod-type.jpg

Blackspire Einfachx Chainguide Direct Mount (couldn't find pic)
    ___

achiever
    Getting pumped for my 1x10 build! All parts ordered except crankset.

Lurcher 16" & Token BB
    RS Reba RLT 15mm axle
    Stans Crest wheelset
    SRAM 1070 11-36 cassette
    X9 Type 2 short cage
    X9 shifter (hoping matchmaker will work w/Hayes)
    Maxxis Ignitor 2.1 rear/Ardent 2.25 front
    Hayes Prime Pro front & rear w/160 rotors
    Fleegle Pro bar
    On One headset, stem, seatpost & binder
    MRP chain guide

For cranks I'm leaning toward Middleburn RS8 X Type Uno but maybe XX1? Still on the fence about this...

I'll post pics when it's done, hopefully sooner than later.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

Ok, I have to spout off about how much fun this bike is. Yet another ride on the Lurcher, and the whole time I am appreciating this frame/fork combo.

(Also, got to ride my Geax Gato 2.3 TNT on the back for the first time -- very pleased with this tire).

On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365564305.477367.jpg
    On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365564326.579398.jpg
    On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365564348.361340.jpg
    On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365564367.528677.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Put in some good rides on my lurcher now so here is my thoughts.
    First up size. It's a big bike. I ordered the 19.5 as I am over 6 foot but when I went to collect it, I couldn't even stand over it. Fortunately the guys at on one were brilliant and built me up an 18 then and there while I waited.

Ok the ride. It's great, it definitely is a very capable ride. I find I am taking lines I normally reserve for my Susser. Much more capable than my Whippet.

I managed to do some back to back testing with the whippet. First up the whippet is faster. Probably because its lighter but for a given section of trail I was faster on the whippet. The whippet is also more forgiving and less tiring to ride.

However the lurcher feels more stable and technically capable. Sections where I am sketchy on the whippet are a breeze on the lurcher. It would be interesting to get the weight of the lurcher closer to that of the whippet and see which is faster then!
    Last edited by Nsynk; 04-10-2013 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Spellings

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Well first real test of my Lurcher out in the Peak District here in the UK. It rides so well over the rough stuff such a sweet ride for my first 29er
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On-One Lurcher...-mtbr.jpg  

mtbr member

The most totally awesome coolest rigid lurcher in the world!

Here it is!

On-One Lurcher...-img120.jpg
    Chumba Stella
    King Cielo- For Sale
    Vassago VerHauen-For Sale
    Kestrel Legend SL
    Soma Rush

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Has anyone else had issues with the BB shell being slightly too large? My brother and I both bought Lurchers a few weeks ago (19.5 for me 21 for him) and on both of them the BBs just slide in with finger pressure (tried SRAM, Shimano, and E*13). This results in some horrific creaking. I rode a Gary Fisher Ferrous with an EBB for years, so I am used to all kinds of BB noise, but nothing like this. The BB cups also like to stick to the crank spindle and come out of the shell when you pull out the crank. The guys at Titus have been cool about it and they paid to ship it back to look at it for warranty or repair. I am just curious if anyone else has had this issue.

The BB issue aside, the bike is a freaking beast. I put in about 100 very noisy miles on it singlespeed and rigid and it seems like a perfect balance of comfort and stiffness. Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of my build before I had to disassemble it to send the frame back. Once I get it back together we'll have a photo-shoot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

On-One Lurcher...

Quote Originally Posted by jdillon2 View Post
    Has anyone else had issues with the BB shell being slightly too large? My brother and I both bought Lurchers a few weeks ago (19.5 for me 21 for him) and on both of them the BBs just slide in with finger pressure (tried SRAM, Shimano, and E*13). This results in some horrific creaking. I rode a Gary Fisher Ferrous with an EBB for years, so I am used to all kinds of BB noise, but nothing like this. The BB cups also like to stick to the crank spindle and come out of the shell when you pull out the crank. The guys at Titus have been cool about it and they paid to ship it back to look at it for warranty or repair. I am just curious if anyone else has had this issue.

The BB issue aside, the bike is a freaking beast. I put in about 100 very noisy miles on it singlespeed and rigid and it seems like a perfect balance of comfort and stiffness. Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of my build before I had to disassemble it to send the frame back. Once I get it back together we'll have a photo-shoot.
    My lurcher frame also has a pretty loose BB shell. I was able to push in the BB cups by hand. So far no creaking though. Which BB did you get? I got the token BB from on-one and it has an o-ring which I think helps make it tighter.
    Did your frame creak from the start or did the creak develop later?
    Both frames had the same issue?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    My lurcher frame also has a pretty loose BB shell. I was able to push in the BB cups by hand. So far no creaking though. Which BB did you get? I got the token BB from on-one and it has an o-ring which I think helps make it tighter.
    Did your frame creak from the start or did the creak develop later?
    Both frames had the same issue?
    Creaking began within the first 10 miles of riding with the plastic Shimano BB. Same thing with the E*13, which has aluminum cups. I never actually rode on the SRAM BB, but it slides right in like the other two, so I assume it would have similar problems. I have not tried the Token BB, but I could see the o-rings possibly helping. I would like to stick with my E*13 cranks, but they have a 30mm spindle, so I hope the Token BB isn't the only good option for the frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Re: On-One Lurcher...

Which cranks are you using with 30mm spindle? I thought the pf92 bb was for 24mm cranks.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWS View Post
    Which cranks are you using with 30mm spindle? I thought the pf92 bb was for 24mm cranks.

E13 XCX singlespeed

XCX+ Single Cranks | the hive

It has a 30mm spindle but they have BBs for just about every standard, including BB92.

I also ran an FSA Afterburner (24mm spindle) with a Shimano BB92 BB and had the same problem. The creaking was a bit less bad, probably because the Shimano BB has plastic cups rather than Al.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

Chased up a big bear today while riding my Lurcher. My friend and I were as surprised as the bear!
    On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366058445.502264.jpg
    On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366058463.985044.jpg
    On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366058498.182800.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Click Click Boom View Post
    Here it is!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG120.jpg 
Views:	2519 
Size:	242.2 KB 
ID:	789354
    Click Click Boom:

Ragley TD:1, 15lbs 14oz Rigid
    ON*ONE Lurcher, 17lbs 9oz Rigid
    ON*ONE Scandal
    CB Nimble 9
    Vassago Optimus Ti

I'm curious - if you had to go on a 10-hour mixed surface ride (nothing technical) on one of those, which one would you choose?

mtbr member
    This one.
    On-One Lurcher...-img108%5B1%5D.jpg

Or maybe this one. It has Formula brakes and Sun Ringle Black Flag Pro's on it now.

On-One Lurcher...-nimbe-3.jpg
    Chumba Stella
    King Cielo- For Sale
    Kestrel Legend SL
    Soma Rush

achiever
    Can someone recommend a torque spec for the seatpost clamp? My frame & parts just arrived & I will be building the bike up tonight.

mtbr member
    My bearings (plastic Shimano) slit in by hand, but no noise.
    After about a week of harsh riding in the Alps, I heard some noise.
    Turned out it was the BB spindle in the bearings, not the bearings in the frame.
    (The bearings stayed in placed while removing the crancks)
    I applied some grease on the BB spindle and the noise was gone.
    I use Shimano BB90 bearings and shimano SLX cranks.
    Somewhere I've read that you can use a little Loctite Bearing fit 641 to make the bearings stay put.
    Belgian beer and Scotch whisky.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Did you ever find a solution to the creaking with the E*13 cranks. I am also running these on my lurcher and get some creaking after long rides and did not think about the BB sitting in the cups so loose.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    On-one/Titus got my frame yesterday. Unfortunately their tech person is at Sea Otter, so they won't see my frame until Tuesday (It is looking like this will mean at least 3 missed weekends of riding). No official word yet, but my brother who just got a Lurcher called them about the same problem on his frame and they seemed fairly dismissive of the idea that the BB shell is too large. I work very closely with a machinist and mechanical engineer. They aren't bike guys, but they confirmed what I thought. If you can push it in/pull it out with your fingers, its not a tight enough fit for a press fit.

I will post whatever I find out Tuesday.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

I wonder what makes for the difference in our experiences. My BB pressed in easily, and I have had no creaking with my SLX crank (currently running with one chain ring and a bash guard). And I ran it hard as a SS for almost a year.

The top of the seat tube creaked intermittently with a QR clamp. This has not recurred since switching to a bolt-on clamp.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I wonder what makes for the difference in our experiences. My BB pressed in easily, and I have had no creaking with my SLX crank (currently running with one chain ring and a bash guard). And I ran it hard as a SS for almost a year.

The top of the seat tube creaked intermittently with a QR clamp. This has not recurred since switching to a bolt-on clamp.
    If it is a quality issue, it may simply be that your BB shell is less bad than mine. My creaking was less bad with the Shimano plasic BB, I would say tolerable. It was very bad with the aluminum E*13 bb. It may also be that I am a fairly heavy rider at 210 lbs.

The fit on my seat tube seems a little marginal, but I have not had any issues with a Salsa QR.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by redwarrior View Post
    Can someone recommend a torque spec for the seatpost clamp? My frame & parts just arrived & I will be building the bike up tonight.
    I believe the torque spec for your seatpost is what you should go with.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

I am using a Shimano BB and Salsa seat clamp.

achiever
    I believe the torque spec for your seatpost is what you should go with.
    Thank you.

I got the bike built up & was able to put in a good 4 hour ride on it yesterday. It's awesome. I'm coming off of 4 years on a rigid SS Scandal. The frame is so much more compliant & damped -the suspension & gears help a lot, too. I'm swapping it to SS for Singlespeedapalooza next weekend, looking forward to seeing how it rides SS!

achiever
    Here's a pic from my phone (if it works...)

On-One Lurcher...-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

On One Lurcher from the Netherlands

After 2,5 years biking on a one of kind Hi-Silver Polished Scandal 29er, it's time for something new. I liked my Scandal a lot, but some corrosion appeared under the paint of this 'prototype'.
    The Lurcher was the most logic choice. Same geometry, a little bit lighter and probably much more stiff.

I have used the fork, brakes, stem, handlebar, seat, pedals and wheels from the Scandal. Because of a different seatpost diameter I had to exchange the seatpost and front derailleur. Changing the front derailleur made me think about a different drivetrain. 2x10 was something I already had in mind for a while.

Yesterday evening it was time for the first ride. And a good one! Unfortunately a bit short. I probably did not tighten the quick release good enough, so it opened during a climb. Result, a rotor that was not straight anymore And a phone call to my wife to collect me with the car...
    Today I went for a retry. Much better. The bike feels great!

Specs:
    frame: On One Lurcher (large)
    headset: On One Smoothie Mixer
    fork: Rock Shox Reba XX 29”
    hubs: ZTR
    rims: ZTR 355
    spokes: combination of DT Competition and Revolution
    quick release: Hope
    front tire: Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.25 (in summer in the Alps Nobby Nic Snakeskin 2.25)
    rear tire: Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25 (in summer in the Alps Racing Ralph Snakeskin 2.25)
    tubes: NoTubes
    crank: Sram X0 39-26
    pedals: Shimano XTR
    rear derailleur: Sram X0 long cage
    front derailleur: Sram X9 direct mount (soon X0)
    shifters: Sram X0 trigger 2x10
    cables: Gore Ride-On
    sprocket: Sram 1070 12-36
    chain: Sram 1091
    brakes: Hope Tech X2
    rotors: Hope Floating discs 183 and 160mm
    stem: Syntace F109 120mm
    handlebar: Syntace Vector Carbon
    grips: Esi
    seat: Selle Italia SLR XC
    seatpost: 3T Stylus (in summer in the Alps a Rock Shox Reverb)
    seat clamp: On One

And a picture of today at the local track:

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    This thread has been very helpful to me in deciding to buy a Lurcher. I ordered it on Monday and received it Tuesday, much to my surprise! It only had to travel a few hundred miles, but I didn't expect it for several more days. Thanks to the guys at Titus USA/Planet X for shipping it so quickly.

I am seeking opinions on the fork, though. I have the matte/gloss combo frame like surfslee's above. I am intending to run an On One monocoque carbon fiber tapered fork. Right now, only the raw matte (i.e. plain carbon fiber) finish is available. Apparently the "grey" fork, which matches the frame with a combo of matte/gloss and pinstripe, is not going to be available again until about the end of May. I've never seen either in person, and I'm having a hard time deciding whether to wait or not. My wheels won't be here until probably the middle of May, so the wait for the fork probably isn't more than an extra couple of weeks. If anyone has seen either or both of these forks in person, I'd like your opinion. Thanks.

More Torque

I am seeking opinions on the fork, though. I have the matte/gloss combo frame like surfslee's above. I am intending to run an On One monocoque carbon fiber tapered fork. Right now, only the raw matte (i.e. plain carbon fiber) finish is available. Apparently the "grey" fork, which matches the frame with a combo of matte/gloss and pinstripe, is not going to be available again until about the end of May. I've never seen either in person, and I'm having a hard time deciding whether to wait or not. My wheels won't be here until probably the middle of May, so the wait for the fork probably isn't more than an extra couple of weeks. If anyone has seen either or both of these forks in person, I'd like your opinion. Thanks.
    Just wait and get the color you really want. It will bug you later if you settle.

-D

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by singlespeedrider View Post
    Did you ever find a solution to the creaking with the E*13 cranks. I am also running these on my lurcher and get some creaking after long rides and did not think about the BB sitting in the cups so loose.
    Still no word from them. They never answered their phone on Tuesday, and apparently their tech was doing a bike fitting for 4 hours today (I called twice, 2+ hours apart, and was told both times that they would call me back soon. Called a third time and they were closed). As much as I like the frame (creaking aside), this customer service experience is really starting to piss me off.

mtbr member
    Isn't sea otter this week? Give them some time. The customer service I received when I had a crack in my lurcher frame was top notch.
    Last edited by Click Click Boom; 04-25-2013 at 07:36 AM.
    Chumba Stella
    King Cielo- For Sale
    Kestrel Legend SL
    Soma Rush

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

I heard their crew was at Sea Otter this past weekend, and they are regrouping/gearing back up now in Portland. I ordered a 29x2.4 Chunky Monkey tire from them today for my Lurcher.

mtbr member
    They shipped out my Whippet frame the day before they left for sea otter.

They were fast at dealing with my cracked Lurcher. I had one of the gloss black singlespeed frames. When my frame had issues there were not any more of the single speed only frames. They sourced a gloss black frame from the UK. It was a pre production frame in gloss black and I believe the only gloss black frame to have cable routing for gears.

They even replaced the chris king headset cup for me when the lower one was scratched during removal from the cracked frame.
    Last edited by Click Click Boom; 04-25-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Chumba Stella
    King Cielo- For Sale
    Kestrel Legend SL
    Soma Rush

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Re: On-One Lurcher...

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel~ View Post
    Just wait and get the color you really want. It will bug you later if you settle.

-D
    Definitely the way I'm leaning. I've been planning this bike for long enough that a couple extra weeks won't kill me. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

mtbr member

On-One Lurcher...

I've had this bike for almost 9 months now and I must admit I am impressed. A lot of the trail chatter seam to disappears and it has taken all the abuse my body can handle ( rock gardens, jumps and up to 4 ft drops). Still no signs of fatigue on the frame.

On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367977280.887763.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

Looks great. I almost like the green on black as much as my orange on black Lurcher. Are those Bontrager 29-3 tires?

I should have a Reba on the front of mine soon. Will be fun to see what a little suspension is like....

mtbr member

On-One Lurcher...

Looks great. I almost like the green on black as much as my orange on black Lurcher. Are those Bontrager 29-3 tires?

I should have a Reba on the front of mine soon. Will be fun to see what a little suspension is like....
    Yes they are 29-3. They are getting a little beat up and are close to being replaced. I have some Kenda honey badgers on the way.

mtbr member

Here is Mine one more time and 100% completed

On-One Lurcher...-get-attachment.aspx.jpg

I think this is the best looking bike I have put together. I love this thing!
    Chumba Stella
    King Cielo- For Sale
    Kestrel Legend SL
    Soma Rush

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

The gloss black frame looks great. Looks different than the gloss black/matt black production versions. Probably not many frames like yours out there.

mtbr member
    It was a warranty replacement and the only gloss black frame to have cable stops for the geared drop outs.

On One Usa had the fork painted to match.
    Chumba Stella
    King Cielo- For Sale
    Kestrel Legend SL
    Soma Rush

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

I am not surprised to hear that they painted your fork to match. The guys/gal at Titus/On One USA have always tried hard to give me good service.

dtheo
    Sep 2005
    Too lazy to send it back so I filed down the plug end until it fit in the fork. the rest already fit so good to go if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by dtheo View Post
    I bought a carbon Lurcher fork but the installation plug from OO but it is too big to fit in the steertube.
    anyone else with this issue?
    what did you do to install the fork?

mtbr member

On-One Lurcher...

Some more Lurcher love. By the way I am really liking the Honey Badgers.
    On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369094304.101266.jpg

My typical trail
    On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369094398.116638.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

Put a 100mm Reba and a 2.4 Chunky Monkey on my Lurcher tonight. Did some test spins, and I'm loving the fork and tire. The fork is supple, and the tire has great volume and tread and is real grippy, despite the fact that I chose the single-compound (Enduro) version. The dual would be even more so, I would imagine. Will post better pix when I get some rides in.
    On-One Lurcher...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369281283.827644.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Definitely the way I'm leaning. I've been planning this bike for long enough that a couple extra weeks won't kill me. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Well, I should have ordered the raw matte fork when I had the chance. They are out of stock now on all colors and won't have more until the end of August. I decided to try a Carver Tapered 29er fork, which is on its way to me. It cost a bit more, but is significantly lighter (if I were really concerned about cost or weight I would have bought a chinese carbon frame, though). I will probably strip off the Carver labels, and I'm debating whether I will try to give it a paint job to match the Lurcher frame or just run it as-is. It looks like it fades from solid black to 3k weave finish, while the Lurcher is matte and gloss UD. I'll make the call after I see them together in person.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    heads up on awesome deal at UK site. 296 euro$.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

$322 -- less than the bargain price when I bought my Lurcher last year!

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/...212a-271438249

And this amazing Reba 100mm 29er fork price:

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/...212a-271438249

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

On-One Lurcher Carbon Hardtail 29er Frame
    That is a great deal. I paid $599 for mine and I haven't even built it up yet. I'm glad I was able to support the USA distributor, though. Still, the price difference is almost enough to pay for a rigid carbon fork. I'd jump on that price if I were looking for a frame still.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

On-One Lurcher Carbon Hardtail 29er Frame

And this amazing Reba 100mm 29er fork price:

Rockshox Reba RLT Solo Air 100mm 29er Fork
    At that price I'm almost tempted to pick up another frame for a spare

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

On-One Lurcher...

That's why I just bought a black Scandal frame from PX/On One USA for $229 -- I can leave my Lurcher geared and put all my 29er SS stuff on the Scandal. Then the most difficult thing is choosing which great bike to grab on ride day!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 12