Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 598
  1. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    On the way. The 18" Lurcher is arriving soon and we will have pre-order setup as soon as we have a firm delivery date.
    18" SS only, is what I heard. No stops, but probably with FD direct mount? (And I bet they ship it with the track end swap-out with dropout. Dumb.)

    Next year for everything else. The next news letter teased a full story of the colossal FU that is the Lurcher.

  2. #77
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,133
    Quote Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post
    18" SS only, is what I heard. No stops, but probably with FD direct mount? (And I bet they ship it with the track end swap-out with dropout. Dumb.)

    Next year for everything else. The next news letter teased a full story of the colossal FU that is the Lurcher.
    Three questions:
    1) Where'd you hear this?
    2) Can you explain a use for a direct mount for an FD on a frame without cable stops?
    3) What is a "track end swap-out with dropout"? Are you saying there is a version of the swapout that has both a track end and a dropout?
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  3. #78
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,305
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    Three questions:
    1) Where'd you hear this?
    2) Can you explain a use for a direct mount for an FD on a frame without cable stops?
    3) What is a "track end swap-out with dropout"? Are you saying there is a version of the swapout that has both a track end and a dropout?
    The first production is only 18" frames. The frames are on the water now, ETA mid December.

    The Shimano DM FD has the stop on the derailleur. The frame has full guides.

    The frame is supplied with one set of Swapouts, most likely the vertical dropout version. The trackend is optional, and there are/were some of those with a derailleur hanger (easy to cut it off).
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  4. #79
    Natural body armor
    Reputation: Zen_Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,149
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The first production is only 18" frames. The frames are on the water now, ETA mid December.

    The Shimano DM FD has the stop on the derailleur. The frame has full guides.

    The frame is supplied with one set of Swapouts, most likely the vertical dropout version. The trackend is optional, and there are/were some of those with a derailleur hanger (easy to cut it off).
    Sweet!
    "There is no A-line"
    Quadzilla

  5. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grrrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,153
    Any chance that the other sizes will be available within reasonable time, or will it be similar to the 29er race frame?

    Speaking of which, any news on that frame?

  6. #81
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,133
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The first production is only 18" frames. The frames are on the water now, ETA mid December.
    No offense, but I'll believe it when I see it. I have all but given up on one of these frames. An 18" is what I'd need.
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The frame is supplied with one set of Swapouts, most likely the vertical dropout version. The trackend is optional, and there are/were some of those with a derailleur hanger (easy to cut it off).
    Why a track end with a hanger? One size fits all approach? That would kind of seem to go against the Swapout idea, which I really like, BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  7. #82
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,305
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    No offense, but I'll believe it when I see it. I have all but given up on one of these frames. An 18" is what I'd need.
    They shipped last week (confirmed). We will have them in 3-4 weeks.
    Why a track end with a hanger? One size fits all approach? That would kind of seem to go against the Swapout idea, which I really like, BTW.
    Not sure, though I like the idea of being able to adjust the chainstay length while running gears.
    Last edited by shiggy; 11-23-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  8. #83
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,996
    Any idea on time frame for larger frame sizes Shiggy?

  9. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    Three questions:
    1) Where'd you hear this?
    18" SS Only: Brant said it on facebook. And he said similar, SS only, less than a day ago answering a question about Lurcher's shipped from TW.

  10. #85
    Natural body armor
    Reputation: Zen_Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,149
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah View Post
    Any chance that the other sizes will be available within reasonable time, or will it be similar to the 29er race frame?

    Speaking of which, any news on that frame?
    Raf,
    I'm riding 18" on both the Racer and the Inbred and very happy, why would you need a larger frame? Lemme know if you want to take the bike for a ride.
    ZT
    "There is no A-line"
    Quadzilla

  11. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grrrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,153
    I have freakishly long arms and legs compared to my height. I typically ride an xl. With a 620mm ETT, I would need to run a 120-130mm stem.

  12. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grouan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    257
    Have we seen what the final product looks like? I have been patiently waiting for this frame- I am hoping it lives up to the hype.

  13. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    95
    +1. Can't wait to check the details on this one.

  14. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    72
    I see the Lurcher has appeared on the website. What's the story on the dropouts? I'm guessing non-swappable track-ends with no derailleur hanger? Was there a problem with the design such that the frame could not get certified with swapouts or something like that?

  15. #90
    awesome
    Reputation: dblspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    765
    I can't see the picture, can you link it?

  16. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymack View Post
    I see the Lurcher has appeared on the website. What's the story on the dropouts? I'm guessing non-swappable track-ends with no derailleur hanger? Was there a problem with the design such that the frame could not get certified with swapouts or something like that?
    Lurchers have Swapouts

  17. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by dblspeed View Post
    I can't see the picture, can you link it?
    There are no pictures and no geo posted on the website. Also, still no geometry posted for the Scandal. No offense, but you guys need to put a priority on updating your websites.

  18. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,836
    You are not wrong there. We have a few new guys working with us and we are looking at ways to improve our websites. Pictures being taken now. Geometry the same as the scandal. Which is the same as the inbred. All our 29ers share the same geometry. For the moment at least.

  19. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: figo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    143
    Are the swapouts the same for the Inbred and Lurcher?

  20. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by figo View Post
    Are the swapouts the same for the Inbred and Lurcher?
    they are

  21. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Geometry the same as the scandal. Which is the same as the inbred. All our 29ers share the same geometry. For the moment at least.
    Thanks. I'm aware of that, but lots of prospective buyers probably aren't. I think the new Scandal looks great and is an amazing value. I just don't want to see you guys loose sales over something as simple as posting the geometry. Is there anyway you could even just add a link on the Scandal page to the Inbred geometry?

    Edit: Sorry, I hadn't read the full description of the Scandal. I now see that the geometry is mentioned in the text with reference to the Inbred. I hope you interpret my post as constructive criticism, not just being critical. I love the new frames but just think a little extra effort on the website will go a long ways in getting new buyers interested.

  22. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojos Azules View Post
    ...paint samples !

    RedRum
    My GF wants hot pink and white...
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  23. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    So to confirm the Lurchers currently listed on the on-one site are:

    • Shipped with 'track end' style swapouts
    • Can take a direct mount FD
    • Have no cable routing for an RD
    • Have same colour scheme as Red Rum
    • - Have same geometry and take same swapouts as Scandal/inbred


    Love the look and colour scheme, the swapouts, the price but I was looking to build a 1x9/singlespeed interchangeable bike. I think the lack of routing for a rear derailleur is a showstopper, unless anyone has any suggestions? (other than toughen up and just SS)

  24. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dmx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    414
    Why that hideous bump in the top - and downtube ? I like the steel frames a lot (have a Slot Inbred 29er) but those carbon 29er frames look cheap...

  25. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,290
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx1 View Post
    Why that hideous bump in the top - and downtube ? I like the steel frames a lot (have a Slot Inbred 29er) but those carbon 29er frames look cheap...
    Looks great to me. At least in the photos I've seen so far...
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •