Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

matching rigid carbon tapered fork?

any plan on producing matching rigid carbon tapered fork (green and orange) to go with the Lurcher?

thanks.

edit: another person has the same idea.

mtbr member

Me Likey

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Attachment 669462
    Attachment 669463
    As shown:
    Clear gloss finish
    Two bottle mounts
    External rear brake line guides
    No derailleur housing guides
    High direct mount front derailleur boss (housing stop is on the derailleur)
    Press fit BB92
    Swapouts not installed, but included with frame
    I just peed a little.

mtbr member
    Red/black tapered forks coming to suit the carbon race 29.
    Coloured other forks coming for lurchers.

Sorry the range is confusing. We are getting there slowly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    Wow. Thank goodness we have flawless individuals such as yourself monitoring these crucial details in our troubled times. Without your efforts, those negligent On One scofflaws would have us slide back into the dark ages.
    +1 - On the positive side this sort of bad attitude online always backfires. Instead of pointing out some fatal flaw with the Lurcher everyone reading it sympathizes with the guys at On One that have to deal with this sort of crap...

I know I've got more respect for them taking the time to answer questions and deal with customers despite this nonsense... As my friends who work at local bike shops say there are some people that walk into your shop that you want to pay to buy a bike from someone else...
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    +1 - On the positive side this sort of bad attitude online always backfires. Instead of pointing out some fatal flaw with the Lurcher everyone reading it sympathizes with the guys at On One that have to deal with this sort of crap...

I know I've got more respect for them taking the time to answer questions and deal with customers despite this nonsense... As my friends who work at local bike shops say there are some people that walk into your shop that you want to pay to buy a bike from someone else...
    you should support them by buying a Lurcher... or some carbon rims.

DS is taking it a bit far, but I feel his frustration. how long have you been following the Lurcher story? a LOT of hype and little to no delivery.... like the carbon rims.

I've got nothing against the guys at On One and also respect them for providing info here, but there have been some very frustrating ball drops over there. they know it and they're trying to fix it, but that doesn't change what has already happened.

I hope they get things worked out... I'm sure it's the least fun for all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post

DS is taking it a bit far, but I feel his frustration. how long have you been following the Lurcher story? a LOT of hype and little to no delivery.... like the carbon rims.

I've got nothing against the guys at On One and also respect them for providing info here, but there have been some very frustrating ball drops over there. they know it and they're trying to fix it, but that doesn't change what has already happened.

I hope they get things worked out... I'm sure it's the least fun for all of them.

What happened to the carbon rims? They were being talked about and then fell of the face of the earth it seems.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I was starting over and hadn't just bought a Scandal I'd buy a Lurcher. As far as dropping the ball we are talking bike parts here not the cure for cancer. So a bike part you might have wanted didn't show up when you wanted it. Get over it.

Being a jerk to someone is never cool. If you don't want to support On One buy something else.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Brant or Shiggy:

Could one of you post up a pic of a Lurcher with the old O-O alu steerer fork. And kind of a little discussion/pictures RE: ease of setting up the Smootie Mixer (or Cane Creek or King) headset with that fork.

If I can ever, first, get over being an ass, send vikb some flowers, and then get around to ordering one, I'll be like a few others needing to run that dinosaur up front for a little while.

mtbr member

beautiful

wow, that thing is really nice looking. looks just like the 456. have seen that bike in person and would love to get my hands on one. looks like i may see one of these in person soon also. lots of credit to the on one guys for putting up with all the crybabies. people have very large balls when they dont have to talk face to face. good job guys and thanks for supplying such a nice product at such a reasonable price.
    Another Tallboy convert!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yah, continued, mulit-year, good job guys. Open a pre-order with promise of Feb 28. Get some orders, then slip it to March 16.

More of the same.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post
    Yah, continued, mulit-year, good job guys. Open a pre-order with promise of Feb 28. Get some orders, then slip it to March 16.

More of the same.

Why the drama? Someone piss in your oatmeal? Dude sh!t happens, stuff gets pushed back, people come and go. Shiggy and Brant have been as forthcoming as anyone in the entire industry and you continue to bust their balls. So let me extend my personal invitation to you to give it a rest. If you don't like the way its playin out buy something else. I'm sure they'll sell every one they make with or without you.If you have something constructive to add feel free. AZ.

mtbr member
    Funny. If they dont exist how come I have one on the floor next to me.

Try the on one usa site. It just said 18 available.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post

More of the same.
    Regrettable.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Regrettable.
    You are a saint...
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Regrettable.
    Sh1t happens, and the 2 week extra slip won't kill anyone. Thanks for having been straightforward on the overall project in any case.

One question on the other colors, specifically black/white, will that ever make a re-appearance in a geared version?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Lurcher question

Brant or Shiggy ,
    I preordered a lurcher last week and I plan on running it 1x10 . I use the mrp 1x guide on my 456 and I want to run one on the Lurcher . Which mrp 1x will work for the frame ? The direct mount one looks like it will sit too high , so do I need to use the seat tube clamp like a normal FD ??

thanks Scab

mtbr member
    Ed from Great Rock is running an e13 HDM chain device on a 32t ring on his Lurcher.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    any news about other sizes? i want a 16inch frame.
    thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoymtb View Post
    any news about other sizes? i want a 16inch frame.
    thanks
    16in will be in stock

On-One Lurcher Carbon Hardtail 29er Frame £499.99

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Stateside?

Orthodox Veloist
    Shiggy/Brant

Is that the real price on the Titus store? $599.99?
    That is a crazy low price. Once those 18 inch frames are gone will the price go up to match the On-One UK store ($686 depending on dollar/pound conversion)?

mtbr member
    Are there any pics of a 21in…preferably built up?

How does the quality of the carbon and frame compliance compare to the Planet X Dirty Harry?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Regrettable.
    Pre-order opened with Feb. 28 delivery promise, then March 16 delivery promise, now "Early April".

Continued great work on this mulit-year bait-and-switch. Good thing you have the pre-order money to finance this project.

mtbr member

Hey One One dudes!

What is the latest with the Lurcher frame? Is it going to really be available in April? i sure want one

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjohnny View Post
    What is the latest with the Lurcher frame? Is it going to really be available in April? i sure want one
    johnny, we just received a packing list for the Lurchers. US pre-orders will be online as soon as we get a departure confirmation (end of the week).
    Then about 3 weeks for the container to arrive.

If you are not already on our contact list, please email sales@titusti.com with the size and model(s) you want.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Yes thanks, already did that. Want to build one for Leadville

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Will the Lurcher forks be available at the same time. Any guestimates on when complete bikes will be on sale? Just deciding whether to build or buy complete.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySnacks View Post
    Will the Lurcher forks be available at the same time. Any guestimates on when complete bikes will be on sale? Just deciding whether to build or buy complete.
    We have the Carbon Race 29 fork in stock now in the US.
    On-One Carbon 29er Race Fork

No time frame for when (or if) we would have complete Lurchers in the US. We can put together build kits on request.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    We have the Carbon Race 29 fork in stock now in the US.
    On-One Carbon 29er Race Fork

No time frame for when (or if) we would have complete Lurchers in the US. We can put together build kits on request.

I am in Australia so should I use UK or USA store? Been browsing the UK store but need complete bike or build kit since my 26er was flattened by a bus! The Inbred bundles look a bargain so maybe I go that way...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdamned View Post
    I am in Australia so should I use UK or USA store? Been browsing the UK store but need complete bike or build kit since my 26er was flattened by a bus! The Inbred bundles look a bargain so maybe I go that way...
    Just check out the total cost from each including shipping and decide from there.

There's also an Australian agent, but I found them slightly more expensive than the total cost from the UK, and with fewer models.

Tim

mtbr member
    I just got off the phone with a pleasant sounding Englishman who noted that the Lurcher would not be coming out in Red Rum anytime soon. That is my favorite of the color schemes and is what would have made my credit card come out of my wallet very quickly for the pre-order. Bummer on that one.
    What I forgot to ask though, is the On-One website notes one set of water bottle cage mounts, yet the pictures show two. So which is it for a 16 inch frame - 2 bolts for one or 4 bolts for two cage mounts?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodword View Post
    I just got off the phone with a pleasant sounding Englishman who noted that the Lurcher would not be coming out in Red Rum anytime soon. That is my favorite of the color schemes and is what would have made my credit card come out of my wallet very quickly for the pre-order. Bummer on that one.
    What I forgot to ask though, is the On-One website notes one set of water bottle cage mounts, yet the pictures show two. So which is it for a 16 inch frame - 2 bolts for one or 4 bolts for two cage mounts?
    The website is correct. There is one set on the 16in, 18in, 19.5in and 21in.

There is also another set too.

There are two sets on all sizes.

mtbr member
    I held my buddies 18" orange Lurcher today. Sweet!!! Shipped to WI.

I will be swapping compatible components from his Inbred to it.

Pics to come.

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmtb1 View Post
    I held my buddies 18" orange Lurcher today. Sweet!!! Shipped to WI.

I will be swapping compatible components from his Inbred to it.

Pics to come.
    Glad to hear they're finally making it into customers' hands.
    Can't wait to see build pics.

My Kona Raijin may be built up this week as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member

21" Lurcher

got mine Sat. Fanfriggintastic!

and it came in at:

mtbr member
    I'm very interested in one of these and am very tempted by the "single speed" only frame price. These only come in a 18". I'm 5'11 and do ride other 29er frames in 18". These do have a short ETT. Anyone else my height riding this size frame? Whats the weight of the 18" frame? Whats the standover height?

My other 29er Single speeds are a Ragley TD:1 (16lbs 5oz) A vassago Optimus Ti and a Nimble 9. They all fit me fine. I do feel that I could have been just fine on the larger nimble.

mtbr member

Lurcher

Mine is a 21"

They are now available in all sizes, check the US Titus/On One website

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Click Click Boom View Post
    I'm very interested in one of these and am very tempted by the "single speed" only frame price. These only come in a 18". I'm 5'11 and do ride other 29er frames in 18". These do have a short ETT. Anyone else my height riding this size frame? Whats the weight of the 18" frame? Whats the standover height?

My other 29er Single speeds are a Ragley TD:1 (16lbs 5oz) A vassago Optimus Ti and a Nimble 9. They all fit me fine. I do feel that I could have been just fine on the larger nimble.

I'm concerned for you....you don't seem to have enough 29er single speeds!

mtbr member
    The 18" SS only frames are $200 less. Thats why im interested.

If I build this SS I'll make the Vassago a 1x9.

I like mtn biking, too
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodword View Post
    I have the 16" frame and mine has 2 bottle cage mounts. It is also an incredibly sweet bike... love the geometry. I just rode it for the first time a few hours ago. Definitely will share the photos here soon.
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. We’re just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    shredchic, please hurry and post pics. I am going to empty my wallet on either the 16" Lurcher or the Scandal very soon.

I like mtn biking, too
    Quote Originally Posted by LowOnO2 View Post
    shredchic, please hurry and post pics. I am going to empty my wallet on either the 16" Lurcher or the Scandal very soon.
    Good place to empty the wallet... My 16" Lurcher rides super-sweet! All the fun of big wheels with nimble handling. Super light even without me really going all that weight-weenie on the components. (I have yet to weigh the full bike).

Bike build:
    Fork: RockShox Reba RLC 100mm
    Wheels: Stans Crest w/ Stans hubs
    Drive train: Shimano XT 2x10
    Brakes: Shimano XT
    Rotors: Shimano ice tech
    Seat Post: Thompson
    Stem: Thompson (50mm)
    Handlebars: Easton Haven Carbon
    Pedals: Straightline AMP
    Front Tire: Schwalbe racing ralph (2.4 - I know they recommend 2.3, but hey... no mud in summer in Norcal)
    Rear Tire: Maxxis Ikon

As you can see, still gotta trim some cables, but it's rockin'. Last pic has the finishing mud touches.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On-One Lurcher...-bikebuild.jpg  

On-One Lurcher...-lurcher-alldone.jpg  

On-One Lurcher...-lurcher-dirty.jpg  

Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. We’re just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

mtbr lurker
    That green is sublime!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew69 View Post
    That green is sublime!
    I like it...
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Natural body armor
    She's coming together, got the forks and seatpost from X-fusion today, more On-One bits on their way tomorrow, may be rolling by the weekend.

Black forks and white wheels, so I won't confuse it with Shredchic at Boggs..
    "There is no A-line"
    Quadzilla --- Savvy Bike

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    For those with the single speed frame, what do the dropouts look like? Are they swinger styles?

mtbr member
    track ends....

awesome
    Here is mine

A few things:

If you get the small size (16"), because of the bottle cage bolt bosses inside the frame it is better NOT to use a 400mm seatpost.

I see a problem with the drop out bolt nuts, they have a flat slit like some chainring bolts and I see a potential risk of stripping them, it would have been better to have a hex bolt instead.

There are no 16" paint proto sionglespeed only frame on sale!

Other than that, so far so good, this frame is quick, light and stiff like a supercharged scandal, and with better tire clearance too!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Anyone run a G2 fox on on of these? Thoughts?

mtbr member
    subbing.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast