Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Just got done reverting back to risers in the garage - it's a rasta theme now, I know... welcome to 1997 yada yada yada

I weighed my bike and it came in at 28lbs and some change. My titanium XC 26" rigid with carbon fork is 21lbs. My Inbred has a steel fork and is pretty much fully loaded.

After riding it these past couple of days, in comparison to my other much lighter race bikes... it doesn't matter if the thing is a tank - it's friggin' NICE.

I don't think the Inbred has the goat-like climbing geometry a true XC bike has, nor does it have razor sharp steering/handling - but I don't think you can a nicer, more compromising all-arounder design in 29'er form such as the Inbred.

I've ridden my Inbred for miles on end, and it's just so incredibly comfortable and giving. Maybe it's the steel - maybe it's the spot on design or maybe it's just real good marketing that has influenced my thinking, but this is a bike I don't see myself ever getting rid of. Yeah it has its quirks, but once you work around them, the bike is solid.

Short-Change-Hero
    Here is my contribution!! I have to say that I am in absolute love with this bike. Changed from original setup and went with a 690mm 0sweep flat bar, changed the tires from the original Halo Choirmasters to a pair of WTB Moto Raptors (great tires in my opinion) and changed the saddle to a Charge Spoon (great saddle for the money, think I might have to pick one up for the next bike I build or maybe splurge and get the Ti version!). I have yet to fina fault for this bike and it puts a huge smile on my face and makes me kinda giddy after every ride!

On-One Inbred 5/27/11
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Inbred Single Speed 69er!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Could anyone tell me, what will be actual top tube size for 21 (20?) inch frame. Also - got 94 cm inside leg. Will the 21 inch frame with 400 mm seatpost be long enough for me?

k3l
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoreta View Post
    Inbred Single Speed 69er!

Kikoreta, nice 69er there...

What is the A to C length of that fork? Have been looking into this option but was wondering if a 440mm length fork can fit a 29er wheel up front.

By the way, how is the ride of the 29er wheel up front feels? any toe lapping issues??

mtbr member
    May 2012
    For those of you running singlespeed (and having no issues with a front derailleur), what is the widest tire you can fit in your 29er frame?

The website reads, "29" x 2.4 tyres will just about fit, but we recommend 2.0 2.3" for best performance."
    Has anybody done well with a 2.3 or higher? Doesn't look like there's too much room.

I ask because I'd rather find a tire that works for my purpose before finding out I'll just be rubbing the frame and not going anywhere each time I pedal.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Hello!

Just got my Inbred 29er (19.5 size) and kinda worries me what kind of headset can i install?
    The site just says external.
    I've measured ID and it is 35mm but can't find the right headset for it. Wanted to buy OnOne slackset type2 but i guess they either dont have it or not producing it anymore.
    I'm not aiming for Hope/ChrisKing since they are out of my budget.

Also one more question (since OnOne help and FAQ is so goddamn slow on response) - what is the rear hub spacing?
    Tried to measure it but not sure if it is 135x10 or 135x9mm?

Thanks guys for your time

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

On One Inbred Build

Quote Originally Posted by Komender Dejta View Post
    Hello!

Just got my Inbred 29er (19.5 size) and kinda worries me what kind of headset can i install?
    The site just says external.
    I've measured ID and it is 35mm but can't find the right headset for it. Wanted to buy OnOne slackset type2 but i guess they either dont have it or not producing it anymore.
    I'm not aiming for Hope/ChrisKing since they are out of my budget.

Also one more question (since OnOne help and FAQ is so goddamn slow on response) - what is the rear hub spacing?
    Tried to measure it but not sure if it is 135x10 or 135x9mm?

Thanks guys for your time
    You need a regular old 1 1/8 external headset. Rear is regular 135 spacing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    You need a regular old 1 1/8 external headset. Rear is regular 135 spacing.
    Thanks a bunch for headset

Just i'm still confused about regular 135 mm cause there is 10mm TA and 9mm QR...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

On One Inbred Build

Just i'm still confused about regular 135 mm cause there is 10mm TA and 9mm QR...
    Both should work, but check with the more knowledgable people in the wheel forum.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

On One Inbred Build

There is no rear 9mm and there never has been. Rear open dropouts use 10mm axles, QR, bolt on, or through bolt. Through axles fit through captured holes in the frame and must be removed completely to remove the wheel from the bike.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

starting my inbred build!

On One Inbred Build-onone2.jpg
    On One Inbred Build-onone1.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Nicely done! Is that a ECR fork and Velocity P35? Frame size? The same build I was about to start, only in orange. But, now Teal looks so good.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Thanks! Krampus fork, Dually Rim
    Just got the P35 in for the rear with 2.25 RaRa
    Truthfully would have gotten the orange but my size wasnt in stock. I still like the teal though!
    Should have it done by this weekend

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by plstrns View Post
    Nicely done! Is that a ECR fork and Velocity P35? Frame size? The same build I was about to start, only in orange. But, now Teal looks so good.
    Size XL

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    That's really getting the front end up there, can't wait for a ride report.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Yeah I know. Hoping it will keep the ride lively with so much weight up front. We'll see

Did I catch a niner?

Inbred Fat Front Fixie

I should have just put this build in this thread instead. Pedals come today and got a real good deal on some brakes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On One Inbred Build-fixie.jpg  

Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Finally Finished!

On One Inbred Build-inbred2.jpgOn One Inbred Build-inbred3.jpgOn One Inbred Build-inbred1.jpg

That's REEAAALLLL Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by fewg8 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inbred2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	878209Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inbred3.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	878210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inbred1.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	878211
    fewg8,
    How was the ride, sir? I'm actually thinking about doing the same, but wanted to see how raising the front end about 35mm (compared to my setup), would do for handling?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    The front end never came up when climbing. I notice the extra height only when taking tight turns. I just physically take up more room on the trail when leaned over. That said I would recommend a shorter fork.
    I tried this setup because as a clydesdale I wanted to see if I would get more grip and cush in front and it delivers. I love riding rigid. IMO its what riding is supposed to feel like
    All told it's around 30lbs

That's REEAAALLLL Nice
    The front end never came up when climbing. I notice the extra height only when taking tight turns. I just physically take up more room on the trail when leaned over. That said I would recommend a shorter fork.
    I tried this setup because as a clydesdale I wanted to see if I would get more grip and cush in front and it delivers. I love riding rigid. IMO its what riding is supposed to feel like
    All told it's around 30lbs
    I'll probably go with the Dually / Knard front, but continue to run my Karate Monkey steel fork. Doing this, I probably won't even notice the height gain of the bigger tire, which may only be a couple of millimeters anyways. But, like you mention, the benefit from the extra cush (and grip) will hopefully be noticeable and very welcome!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    what will you be running out back?

That's REEAAALLLL Nice
    what will you be running out back?
    I've been running both a 2.2 Saguaro and a 2.4 Racing Ralph (both on a Flow) out back. Will post up a pic later.

That's REEAAALLLL Nice

Pic of the Inbred

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
    I've been running both a 2.2 Saguaro and a 2.4 Racing Ralph (both on a Flow) out back. Will post up a pic later.
    As promised ...

Running a 2.4 RaRa up front and a 2.2 Saguaro in back (both on Flows)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On One Inbred Build-wp_20140325_002.jpg  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast